HHN 22 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

Movement in strange lands... Dark rumblings indeed. However, there are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.

For some reason I was thinking Stephen Kings The Dark Tower. Seeing as Universal have pulled out of plans on making that movie I think that is unlikely now unfortunately.

Just have a hayride themed house. Looks like you're about to board a hayride, all the signage and such points you to a loading and unloading point, but when you get there the horse and buggy driver have been massacred in some weird Hills Have Eyes type manner. That would lead to a whole run through a barn and corn field type scenario.

I can picture Jeepers Creepers type monsters in that one.

i personally think that if they made a house like that with jeepers creepers type monsters i would love it, i'd probably go through more than once, just to see the monsters.

i personally think that if they made a house like that with jeepers creepers type monsters i would love it, i'd probably go through more than once, just to see the monsters.

The scarecrows from the '06 Scarezone Field of Screams gave off a very Jeepers Creepers type vibe. I thought they were really cool.

Edited by BruinsFan

I still remember when i saw Jeepers creeper for the first time, the scene when he is droping all the bodies into the pipe at the church and how he stops and just stares at the camera as they drive by. :(

endless nightmares...

Well from what I heard having that Poe house opened doors. So take that as you will. I've always thought a S.K. house would be a make or break house.

I agree. Even though I am a Stephen King fan, I think that he can be annoying some times as a writer. I would love to have a house based on some of his best novels though. Maybe even a house dedicated to just one book (It, The Stand, Salem's Lot, The Shining...oh, the possibilities!)

the biggest scare I got in '06 was the scarecrows in that scare zone... Im looking at one of the light poles checking out how they decorated it (another thing I love about HHN is the ideas I come away with for my own hween party) and I was literally leaning on one of those scarecrows and when he moved I jumped a mile high, and Im 6'5" so I was probably eye to eye with that scarecrow.... didnt see him AT ALL! my wife still jokes about that to this day!

I agree. Even though I am a Stephen King fan, I think that he can be annoying some times as a writer. I would love to have a house based on some of his best novels though. Maybe even a house dedicated to just one book (It, The Stand, Salem's Lot, The Shining...oh, the possibilities!)

i do agree i think a salems lot or shining house would be insanity...It would be cool too but the first 2 stick out to me as being sick

• Like 1

i do agree i think a salems lot or shining house would be insanity...It would be cool too but the first 2 stick out to me as being sick

Yeah, I think the Shining would work the best, seeing as how there are so many scenes that you can take from the book (and the film). I think an "It" house would also work. It could be like you are going through the town of Derry, and the clown is terrorizing everyone. You can go through the library, sewages, and end up at the finale of the book, where the clown is "destroyed". I think that would be pretty cool.

Lol The Biggest Thing I've Gathered is that basically everybody on hnn wants to see a Trick r Treat themed house...i know i do in the worst way, that also kind of gives off that hay ride vibe, while it also incorporates everything halloween into one house, i think it'd be amazing.

Problem is Trick r' Treat is a Warner Bros. movie. However, The Hallow in 2008 was sort of a play on it and a lot of people loved that house (including myself). I wouldn't mind seeing the old Halloween ideas expanded upon again but it would probably end up being the Hallow pt 2.

I don’t mean to change the subject on the whole Stephen King conversation, but I have been thinking a lot on what they could do for an event/ icon. These are a few ideas I have that have been plaguing my brain:

1. I Remember back in the 2006 “Scream House”, one of the rooms contained Cindy in a coffin and in the process of being resurrected, and I think there was a photo of 2 girls who are twins. I think the A&D team said it was an idea at one time. I think it would be a cool idea if they can use Cindy and her Twin. Ofcourse:

a. Cindy has a few back stories, she either was The Caretakers Daughter or an Orphan from the Orphanage or she burned The Caretakers House then went to the Orphanage etc… Whatever. A few possible ideas could be One went to live with The Caretaker, the other was sent to an Orphanage, or it doesn’t have to be part of the same story arc, but you got a few possibilities.

b. I know her original concept was to have her wearing a mask and hold a doll she would call her twin.

Still, I think this idea could be great to support the twin rumor/theory for HHN 22, and it could also have an apocalyptic theme to it, IDK…

2. I enjoyed how Saws N’ Steam went from being a scarezone into a house, why not have it as the main theme? In a way, it can be the aftermath of the apocalypse, and a leader or central character can possibly be Eddie. I would love to see him back wearing steam punk clothing and making his victims bleed into the machine. Of course, he already has his own look and house franchise that all hardcore fans recognize him in and prefer to remember him that way… That’s my real wishful thinking idea.

3. The predictable Mayan theme where you have a Mayan Shaman/ Priest (Whatever) bringing the end of the world…

4. Keeping with the idea of a personification of a word (Fear, Luck (Fear Himself and Lady Luck)), have Death. Maybe not “The” Grim Reaper himself, but something quite far out, and DEATH has been singled out these past 2 years. One notable place is in Catacombs 2010. I forgot where death was signified this last year, but I remember someone talking about it. One of the problems I see with this idea is if they bring back this icon with all the others (Jack/Chaos, The Caretaker/Death, The Director/ Sacrifice, The Storyteller/ Legend, The Usher/ Vengeance), The Caretaker would have to have a new title.

5. The past 2 icons we have had have been based on Gods; I like the idea of Pandora and her Box unleash evil into the world causing the hell that will come in 2012.

I know with these 5 ideas that I have thought up have an apocalyptic theme to them, 4 out of the 5 doesn’t have to have that type of theme, but, in my honest opinion, I think it would be a wasted opportunity if they don’t utilize that idea. Still, I’m sure I’m gonna love whatever they do this year. Like I said, these are some ideas I've been thinking a lot about lately, and I know its still way too early, but just wanted to post.

Comments?

I don’t mean to change the subject on the whole Stephen King conversation, but I have been thinking a lot on what they could do for an event/ icon. These are a few ideas I have that have been plaguing my brain:

1. I Remember back in the 2006 “Scream House”, one of the rooms contained Cindy in a coffin and in the process of being resurrected, and I think there was a photo of 2 girls who are twins. I think the A&D team said it was an idea at one time. I think it would be a cool idea if they can use Cindy and her Twin. Ofcourse:

2. I enjoyed how Saws N’ Steam went from being a scarezone into a house, why not have it as the main theme? In a way, it can be the aftermath of the apocalypse, and a leader or central character can possibly be Eddie. I would love to see him back wearing steam punk clothing and making his victims bleed into the machine. Of course, he already has his own look and house franchise that all hardcore fans recognize him in and prefer to remember him that way… That’s my real wishful thinking idea.

I'd be very surprised to see any of the old icons/pseudo-icons before HHN XXV. So while possible, I think it would be very slim. And really, there are plenty of other ideas out there for them to visit before bringing back the old icons (although I would love to see Usher again, personally).

3. The predictable Mayan theme where you have a Mayan Shaman/ Priest (Whatever) bringing the end of the world…

This may play a part of the event, but like others have mentioned, I really hope this isn't the theme of the event. Unless it's just the catalyst for something else to be released.

4. Keeping with the idea of a personification of a word (Fear, Luck (Fear Himself and Lady Luck)), have Death. Maybe not “The” Grim Reaper himself, but something quite far out, and DEATH has been singled out these past 2 years. One notable place is in Catacombs 2010. I forgot where death was signified this last year, but I remember someone talking about it. One of the problems I see with this idea is if they bring back this icon with all the others (Jack/Chaos, The Caretaker/Death, The Director/ Sacrifice, The Storyteller/ Legend, The Usher/ Vengeance), The Caretaker would have to have a new title.

5. The past 2 icons we have had have been based on Gods; I like the idea of Pandora and her Box unleash evil into the world causing the hell that will come in 2012.

My guess is that something along these lines is most likely. If they tie in an apocalypse theme, I could see them going the route of Fate or Destiny or something. No matter what you do, your fate is sealed. Plus, weren't the Fates gods or demi-gods or something in Greek mythology? Something along the lines of Pandora could work, and it could be tied into the Mayan end of the world thing. Maybe Pandora is just one example of a much larger entity. Much like all the houses last year were merely examples of Luck making her presence known through time.

Edited by boogeyman13

The twin idea would be interesting. Kind of like Howl O Scream, except maybe a little cooler :P I thought about HHN today for the first time in a while. I saw Silent House and it got me thinking of house ideas (Silent House would be a perfect house). I don't know why but the movie got me thinking, has HHN ever done just a pure "terror" house? Like a home or something that just has a ton of crazy shit happening and there's not really an explanation as to why it's there and happening. Houses don't necessarily have to have a beginning, middle and end in the story. Sometimes the unknown is scarier.

I don't know I just thought it was an interesting thought. :P

What about Chronos or Father Time as the icon and theme is "Terror through Time"? The houses are set in different timelines including the Apopclylpse

Edited by mastermind22

The twin idea would be interesting. Kind of like Howl O Scream, except maybe a little cooler :P I thought about HHN today for the first time in a while. I saw Silent House and it got me thinking of house ideas (Silent House would be a perfect house). I don't know why but the movie got me thinking, has HHN ever done just a pure "terror" house? Like a home or something that just has a ton of crazy shit happening and there's not really an explanation as to why it's there and happening. Houses don't necessarily have to have a beginning, middle and end in the story. Sometimes the unknown is scarier.

I don't know I just thought it was an interesting thought. :P

A house based on pure terror does sound awesome. It could be something like they did back in 2009 in the Silver Screams house when you went through the part with The Strangers except it could be an entire house. Also I like the Pandora idea as well. Unleashing evil into Halloween Horror Nights. So many ideas so little time... :)

Problem is Trick r' Treat is a Warner Bros. movie. However, The Hallow in 2008 was sort of a play on it and a lot of people loved that house (including myself). I wouldn't mind seeing the old Halloween ideas expanded upon again but it would probably end up being the Hallow pt 2.

I know its a shame, on the topic of warner brothers could you imagine a 13 ghosts house ?!?! That would be awesome to, if they made the hallow 2 that would be incredible

Edited by FreeGrizzlyBearRides

I would love a Trick 'r Treat house so much!

They wouldn't even have to do an actual trick or treat house, they just need to do another Halloween house.

The only thing trick or treat has that cant be used is Sam, but most of everthing in the movie was jut regular Halloween stuff.

Also, I'm really really hoping they do a Stephen King house like the Poe house, really wishing for that.

My two dream houses are a Trick 'r Treat house (even a generic, non-licensed version) and a Lovecraft house. Stephen King could be neat, but I'm not sure which of his stories would work well in a house format. Especially since I imagine you'd have to be careful about likenesses for stories that have been licensed for movies.