HHN 22 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

Yes the tents are very moveable, But they are very expensive to move and set back up. that is why they stay up all year long. i really dont forsee UO taking down the two tents and moving them

An interesting read on Park Rumors about how a two-park event could take plac logistically.

One thing that stands out would be to move the tents. I think I have come to think of them as permanent as they have been there so long. But they are indeed movable. thank really is the idea afterall.

I always hoped they would do a haunted hay ride type attraction. Like they do with terror tram in Hollywood...I always thought that'd be cool...takes you to parts unknown and then you have to walk back....it could be long and very interesting

I've always thought that as well. I've watched the terror tram on youtube from HHN hollywood last year and it looked awesome. Hopefully HHN orlando adds this sooner or later... :)

I always hoped they would do a haunted hay ride type attraction. Like they do with terror tram in Hollywood...I always thought that'd be cool...takes you to parts unknown and then you have to walk back....it could be long and very interesting

that would be cool, I like the idea,

I don't know, I keep hoping to have a 2 park event, I keep hoping they do this, but I won't be too surprised if they don't,

but, they have to do something else for this year though, with Jaws going on, they have to,

I've always thought that as well. I've watched the terror tram on youtube from HHN hollywood last year and it looked awesome. Hopefully HHN orlando adds this sooner or later... :)

It is awesome... if you like the same exact thing every single year ;-)

It was great the first time, now it's as stale as can be. The novelty of walking on the backlot has long since worn off.

However, a haunted hayride in Orlando could be quite promising. The question is... where?

It was great the first time, now it's as stale as can be. The novelty of walking on the backlot has long since worn off.

However, a haunted hayride in Orlando could be quite promising. The question is... where?

There's a pretty big peice of unused land by one of the sprung tents. Maybe they could do something there. Perhaps like a giant feild of screams type thing...

A field of screams house would be awesome, I can honestly say that was one of my favorite scarezones...and to take u on a tram and drop you off and say walk back haha thatd be awesome

Hmmmm, a hayride, where you get attacked a few times on the way. Then dropped off in a cornfield (ala Field of Screams) and have to make your way back through a house/Scarezone hybrid? I like this idea...

• Like 1

Don't you think a hayride seems... impractical?

It seems more small town USA than huge theme park event.

It works when you have 40 civilized people rather than 30,000 drunk and unruly strangers.

I wouldn't want to sit in hay covered in puke after some drunk barfed all over it.

I know hayrides are a part of fall and Halloween but they are not really coporate america scare.

It's more charming and quaint than scary.

Besides it would require space and employees already working the event... Which there really isn't any to spare.

What I would expect with that sort of ambience would be more like a theme in a house.

Barns, hay, pumpkins, wagons... Heck I wouldn't even mind a "Hometwon horror" type house where something befalls a small town.

But everything has to flow so they can get people in and out. That is the goal with an event this size.

I can't imagine the complications a hayride would cause to flow control.

• Like 3

What I would expect with that sort of ambience would be more like a theme in a house.

Barns, hay, pumpkins, wagons... Heck I wouldn't even mind a "Hometwon horror" type house where something befalls a small town.

But everything has to flow so they can get people in and out. That is the goal with an event this size.

I would LOVE this. Bring some of the classic Halloween iconography back into the event. Throw in some scarecrows, and I think I found my favorite house. :)

Just have a hayride themed house. Looks like you're about to board a hayride, all the signage and such points you to a loading and unloading point, but when you get there the horse and buggy driver have been massacred in some weird Hills Have Eyes type manner. That would lead to a whole run through a barn and corn field type scenario.

I can picture Jeepers Creepers type monsters in that one.

• Like 7

I agree with Jeramy on this.

Coming from up North, Seasonal Haunted Hayrides are everywhere. We come to Uni for the granduer of what we can't find anywhere else; the "movie quality" of the presentation. I know that our scenario isn't everybody elses, but I do like holding HHN to a standard that can't be found just antwhere.

Also as mentioned, the business side of such a decision doesn't make sense. The increased overhead in materials, maintenance, upkeep and additional hiring... with no balance on the left side of the ledger?

Nothing wrong with brain-storming an idea... Just in this case, at least for my part, can't see it.

Now... A House about a hayride? Jeepers Creepers "styled"? A ride gone wrong? (King_K) Potential !

So there's a couple things I want to touch on since I'm just catching up with a few pages of posts.

One of my biggest pet peeves with HHN is all the picture taking. 7 was a great way to offer pictures and scares, if the people taking the pictures were courteous and stepped off to the side. Not only do all these picture takers ruin the mood of the SZ, they create one hell of a traffic problem. And it's funny, the pictures seem to be something that has only really been a problem in the past few years. Maybe it was just me, but I never noticed any problems with it back in the original Jack and Eddie days. At least, not taking pictures of/with the actors.

Secondly, I MISS the icon houses and welcome shows. Every year they had a new way to off an audience member, which in my opinion, was creepy and funny all at the same time. From the Caretaker ripping out someone's heart to Jack throwing someone in a giant blender. As for the Icon houses, Scream House was easily one my favorite of all of them. (excluding the leather face, Freddy, jason houses which were epic IMO) I miss the days of going INSIDE your icon's realm. The Director's movies, the Storyteller's books, even the Usher's movie theatre. They, along with the welcome show, extended on this icon that youve been hearig about for almost two months. Why have one if you're just going to stick her in a back alley somewhere in the park?

Secondly, I MISS the icon houses and welcome shows. Every year they had a new way to off an audience member, which in my opinion, was creepy and funny all at the same time. From the Caretaker ripping out someone's heart to Jack throwing someone in a giant blender. As for the Icon houses, Scream House was easily one my favorite of all of them. (excluding the leather face, Freddy, jason houses which were epic IMO) I miss the days of going INSIDE your icon's realm. The Director's movies, the Storyteller's books, even the Usher's movie theatre. They, along with the welcome show, extended on this icon that youve been hearig about for almost two months. Why have one if you're just going to stick her in a back alley somewhere in the park?

I think we may not have have had one the last couple years because they've been going the more thematic route for the icons. Less about a specific person, and more about a concept. Fear was an obvious one, as that's present in all the houses and the sz. And last year, they framed everything as a choice that was made (however loosely), and ended poorly. And while they could have made a house about Lady Luck, there might be a conscious effort going on to make the new icons' presence a little more implicit, and create a sense of subtext to the event.

Or, they just don't like doing icon houses any more. :) It'll be interesting to see if the trend continues this year.

Edited by boogeyman13

Through Citywalk of course! Have you seen how scary some of the people going to clubs down there are?

Hmmmm, a hayride, where you get attacked a few times on the way. Then dropped off in a cornfield (ala Field of Screams) and have to make your way back through a house/Scarezone hybrid? I like this idea...

it might be impractical but I love this idea, I know it wouldn't work here but I love if somewhere else they did this, it would be so cool, specially if it was one in the woods where there are no lights or noises from the city or anything, it would be, quite cool and scary...

I can't imagine the complications a hayride would cause to flow control.

Just have a hayride themed house. Looks like you're about to board a hayride, all the signage and such points you to a loading and unloading point, but when you get there the horse and buggy driver have been massacred in some weird Hills Have Eyes type manner. That would lead to a whole run through a barn and corn field type scenario.

I can picture Jeepers Creepers type monsters in that one.

this would be so Sick! it would be really really cool,

well, one of the scarezones in 2008 had a thing like this no? with the hay,

well anyway This idea would be Phenomenal, have the actors dressed as pumpkins and as Jeepers Creepers type of monsters like King said, that would be so cool, I love the idea just thinking about it, it would be really awesome

So there's a couple things I want to touch on since I'm just catching up with a few pages of posts.

I know i am the small minority that thinks this but I kinda hate shows, they take too much space and resources the shows only play at certain times, so the rest of the time that street where the show is is empty,

I always feel that, I rather have a really cool scarezone than a show, because while the show is really cool, people can enjoy the zone more, the show in 2007 was really cool, but there were only like 2 scarezones, plus where the show went, I think if instead of a show that year we had a third big scarezone it would have been better,

I don't know, I like shows but always think zones can be enjoyed better, I know people want shows back, I don't really miss them

I like the hayride idea. Something like that executed Uni style would be interesting to see.

I also agree with the opening "Welcome" show. My first year was 06. When i walked into the event for the first time, its the first thing i saw. Nothing made me more spooked and more excited for an event in my life. That moment made me hooked to HHN. I miss it but thats me of course lol.

, the show in 2007 was really cool, but there were only like 2 scarezones, plus where the show went, I think if instead of a show that year we had a third big scarezone it would have been better,

in 2007 Uni planned on having SZ's featuring the NLC characters, but NLC had very tight restrictions, causing the SZ's not to happen.

Arrival shows (like 05 & 06) that tie into a SZ work the best. you still have a SZ operating all night with a show 3-5 times a night. having only B&T and a street show doesnt seem like enough shows. some people dont go into houses. offering a little more variety with 3 or 4 shows wouldnt be a bad thing if the budget allowed for it but still have amazing houses and streets like last year.

in 2007 Uni planned on having SZ's featuring the NLC characters, but NLC had very tight restrictions, causing the SZ's not to happen.

Arrival shows (like 05 & 06) that tie into a SZ work the best. you still have a SZ operating all night with a show 3-5 times a night. having only B&T and a street show doesnt seem like enough shows. some people dont go into houses. offering a little more variety with 3 or 4 shows wouldnt be a bad thing if the budget allowed for it but still have amazing houses and streets like last year.

ooooohh.... aw nooo.... :(

those NLC scarezones would have rocked my world... that makes me just so sad..

I think a small show and having tie in zones would be great.

uh.. K

Oh I had a crazy dream about HHN last night that I think would be a neat idea (well two HHN realated ones but the second one didn't make any sense)

Posidon's fury With its water tunnel = Willy Wonka with its scary tunnel. Like it was used it in '05 for Terror Mines. In the dream they were projecting images and color swirls on the water.

a TB house of Nightmares would be a huge one. Though I would expect that out in Hollywood.

I would like to see them use maybe their phone app mixed with Legendary Truth at the event. Kind of like a "Kim Impossible" but at HHN. Even if that's far wishful thinking would be cool.