HHN 22 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

Hey Jeffrey,

I appreciate your enthusiasm, and you're correct that Hollywood tends to utilize movie-based IPs more often than Orlando does. That said, there have only been three events since 2000 that didn't feature a direct movie-themed house of some sort: 2002, 2005 and 2010. My point is, Orlando has not been immune from the movie IPs and that's not likely to change in the future.

It's the end of January and nobody outside of A&D knows anything for certain. It's not unreasonable for people to speculate on another movie theme for this year's event, so let's ease off on the attitude.

Hey Jeffrey,

I appreciate your enthusiasm, and you're correct that Hollywood tends to utilize movie-based IPs more often than Orlando does. That said, there have only been three events since 2000 that didn't feature a direct movie-themed house of some sort: 2002, 2005 and 2010. My point is, Orlando has not been immune from the movie IPs and that's not likely to change in the future.

It's the end of January and nobody outside of A&D knows anything for certain. It's not unreasonable for people to speculate on another movie theme for this year's event, so let's ease off on the attitude.

^^^^^^ Exactly. Well said :)

For people talking about more movie themes, this is Orlando not Hollywood. Yes this is wishful thinking but to my understanding, Orlando will not be featuring movie based houses or themes for a long time. We were lucky with the thing but that's only because of the 2011 release of the new movie in October. Take it to the hollywood forum.

First of all thanks to W. Wilson for responding to this in a professional and well explained response. I couldn't have put it better myself.

Secondly I don't know what got you so worked up there Jeffrey but that was a very naive and inaccurate post as A&D have given no such indication that there will be no movie houses this year. Saw, Wolfman, The Thing, Dracula, Frankenstein, Chucky, Leatherface and Jason from Friday The 13th have all featured in movie based houses in recent years and that's just off the top of my head. They all featured in Orlando too and I've probably missed some. If you are going to post things like that at least get your facts straight or back up your statement with facts. This is a fun wishful thinking thread and there really is no need for that attitude. Enough said!

Hey Jeffrey,

That was a great reply to that. I wouldn't have been so nice, so I must commend you. I wanted to respond to him, then I read your post and realized you took care of that comment in the best possible manner. Thank you.

Wow wait this isn't even a speculation page. It's WISHFUL THINKING. I have to post, sorry. We can wish for anything, doesn't mean it will happen but we can still discuss what we'd like to see. I want to see some kind of combination of 2 parks and 2 icons. Ol' Gimp0nd over there might want 1 park and 1 icon but 10 houses. We know 2 parks, 2 icons and/or 10 houses is very unlikely this year but we can still have fun discussing our ideas. No matter how dumb the ideas that we come up with may be to you. You may have your opinion and I have mine. Everyone on this forum wants to see something different next year. I personally like reading everyone's ideas and thoughts so keep them coming. No need to bash someone's idea or conversation this early in the game. Relax, have fun, smoke a jeffrey and rub a furry wall.

That was a great reply to that. I wouldn't have been so nice, so I must commend you. I wanted to respond to him, then I read your post and realized you took care of that comment in the best possible manner. Thank you.

Wow wait this isn't even a speculation page. It's WISHFUL THINKING. I have to post, sorry. We can wish for anything, doesn't mean it will happen but we can still discuss what we'd like to see. I want to see some kind of combination of 2 parks and 2 icons. Ol' Gimp0nd over there might want 1 park and 1 icon but 10 houses. We know 2 parks, 2 icons and/or 10 houses is very unlikely this year but we can still have fun discussing our ideas. No matter how dumb the ideas that we come up with may be to you. You may have your opinion and I have mine. Everyone on this forum wants to see something different next year. I personally like reading everyone's ideas and thoughts so keep them coming. No need to bash someone's idea or conversation this early in the game. Relax, have fun, smoke a jeffrey and rub a furry wall.

Lmao Aaron. I'd like 16 houses over 2 parks with two smoking hot blonde seductress twin icons scantilly clad but somehow I don't think I'm going to get my wish lol.

What about a house theme to the twisted mind of Vincent Price like a tribute/homage to him?

THIS!!!!!!

What about the worlds biggest haunted house with each room in a certain year of horror to celebrate Universal Studios 100th anniversary with horror films from 1912 to 2012 call 100 years of fears?

Maybe NOTVEVERY year but definately all the major monster movies of Uni's past...

For people talking about more movie themes, this is Orlando not Hollywood. Yes this is wishful thinking but to my understanding, Orlando will not be featuring movie based houses or themes for a long time. We were lucky with the thing but that's only because of the 2011 release of the new movie in October. Take it to the hollywood forum.

wow, easy , there is also Doomsday and the Scarezone based on Cirque Du Freak, as well as houses that are not movie houses but based on movies like the Forsaken being based on the Fog...

Wooow, I'm glad I hopped on randomly to check on some 2012 updates! Wishful thinking... Hmmmm....

I'd love to see something new on the interactive front. Along the lines of LT, but something brand new, different and in depth. I miss the days of searching houses for clues and getting small updates via FB and the HHN website. I know it was something that took a lot of effort and that the majority of HHN patrons missed out on it. But I would like something new for the hardcore fans to interact with and make the 12th visit just as interesting as the first.

Note: this isn't a "bring LT back" post. Stressing the NEW on this one.

Movie houses are always entertaining. Like all of the movie houses Grimp said, those were awesome houses. But i feel that unless A&D can recreate something fresh for us with an old movie, they really can't keep revisiting these old titles. If they haven't done it yet, then by all means, do it, but when it comes to Frankenstein and Dracula, they kind of already milked it. They can't keep using the same things in different houses. Like when "The Thing: Assimilation" was a house in 07, and then a part of Silver Screams in 09. When A&D recycles places they use from the past (without giving it a feeling of nostalgia like in Hallow'd Past), people who aren't die hard fans lose interest. They've done a Psycho house at least 5 times, and, while I've personally never been through any of them, I feel like the theme of "Norman is back...FOR REVENGE...AGAIN" can only work so many times. Going back to classic movie monsters is cool and all (and so is coming up with new ways to look at those monsters like they did in 09), but I feel like if they can't evolve on the story, there isn't any reason to keep pumping out these same houses just to fill an 8th location. Honestly, I think basing houses on recently released or upcoming movies is a good idea. It's good promotion for Universal, and it gives off a special feeling when you come from seeing a movie, than live those scenes in a house (well, at least that's how i felt).

I think basing houses on recently released or upcoming movies is a good idea. It's good promotion for Universal, and it gives off a special feeling when you come from seeing a movie, than live those scenes in a house (well, at least that's how i felt).

Tell me this doesn't have potential? Granted Twilight girl (AKA pants) doesn't make me thrilled. But its an excuse to bring Snow White back in her own house.

I really am hoping for a 2 Parks - 2 Icons theme. I'm more then likely going to have to request Active Backup this year (I'm getting married in October) and that theme just seems adventitious with my scaled back work capacity. I've never done ABU before, and I've never seen HHN outside of Universal Studios. It'd be a truly different change of pace for me.

I, personally, don't want to see a 100 Years of Fear theme... Unless the year is 2090 (in which case I'll either be dead or the oldest employed Universal scare-actor to date) and we're celebrating the 100th anniversary of the event itself. I do agree that the momentum is right for it to happen this year and not next, but the jargon, the concept, and the content all go against the New Era of Darkness. Ripped from the Silver Screen and Twenty Years of Fear are still visible in our review mirrors, so to speak. It's simply too soon, in my opinion.

I really am hoping for a 2 Parks - 2 Icons theme. I'm more then likely going to have to request Active Backup this year (I'm getting married in October) and that theme just seems adventitious with my scaled back work capacity. I've never done ABU before, and I've never seen HHN outside of Universal Studios. It'd be a truly different change of pace for me.

I, personally, don't want to see a 100 Years of Fear theme... Unless the year is 2090 (in which case I'll either be dead or the oldest employed Universal scare-actor to date) and we're celebrating the 100th anniversary of the event itself. I do agree that the momentum is right for it to happen this year and not next, but the jargon, the concept, and the content all go against the New Era of Darkness. Ripped from the Silver Screen and Twenty Years of Fear are still visible in our review mirrors, so to speak. It's simply too soon, in my opinion.

I agree with you to an extent. I think Uni is kind of under a microscope this year with the anniversary and everything. They won't get great press if HHN is seen as a cop out, which means there probably won't be any rehashes. I could see them doing a Universal Anniversary house that'll take you through some eras of the business, and I could stand a return of Bloodngutz to host it haha. But as for an anniversary theme for the entire event, I can't see Uni doing that, taking the easy way out...

i think they should hold off on the 100 years of fear thing until next year and give it a group house Die-In style with a different scene for a different monster. i don't it'd be necessary to make the entire event based on that theme considering most of the major classics have already had their own house.

First of all thanks to W. Wilson for responding to this in a professional and well explained response. I couldn't have put it better myself.

Secondly I don't know what got you so worked up there Jeffrey but that was a very naive and inaccurate post as A&D have given no such indication that there will be no movie houses this year. Saw, Wolfman, The Thing, Dracula, Frankenstein, Chucky, Leatherface and Jason from Friday The 13th have all featured in movie based houses in recent years and that's just off the top of my head. They all featured in Orlando too and I've probably missed some. If you are going to post things like that at least get your facts straight or back up your statement with facts. This is a fun wishful thinking thread and there really is no need for that attitude. Enough said!

Not to mention even in '08 The Skoolhouse was based on the film Trick r' Treat, Uni as said before enjoys doing movie houses because the general public can identify with them and they can be thrown into the merch and they can make a fortune. I think to say that Orlando is far from using a movie themed house any time soon is a very ass hat thing to say considering weve already entered the new era and have experienced two movie houses. The Thing and the forsaken which is obviously loosely based on John Carpenters The Fog. I hope that this year really shows the potential for what is to come these next few years, because personally, I just don't see a promising future for the event .

Or let HR Bloodengutz be the host for the year...

-indicates petition in signature-

Even if he isn't the Icon, I'd love to see him come back. Hell, even if it's not this year. I just want more of that classy mofo.

also LITC sequel but that will never happen because the world building with it was basically already completed weh

I hope that this year really shows the potential for what is to come these next few years, because personally, I just don't see a promising future for the event .

Halloween Horror Nights is the most attended halloween event in the country each year. I've been going to HHN for the past 15 years so I can tell you from personal experience that the event just keeps growing and growing every year. And it's always for the better. I understand that every one has opinions but for me I say HHN isn't going anywhere. The future for HHN is stronger now than it ever was... :)

Halloween Horror Nights is the most attended halloween event in the country each year. I've been going to HHN for the past 15 years so I can tell you from personal experience that the event just keeps growing and growing every year. And it's always for the better. I understand that every one has opinions but for me I say HHN isn't going anywhere. The future for HHN is stronger now than it ever was... :)

I would agree that there is no end to HHN (at least in name) in sight. There is the risk of HHN becoming too commercial for its own good (a trend I believe some are starting to pick up on). But that's a discussion for another time...

Hi everyone, first time ever posting on HNN and I am excited to be here with all of you. I wanted to give my two cents (ha pun= HHN 22) on what I think may happen.

Would be cool for dueling icons with a possibility of both parks being open, but I doubt IOA would be apart of HHN this year. Though HHN 12 was the year of Caretaker and that was part of IOA, who knows, ten years later....?

As for any rumors on the Mayan crap that won't occur this year, I so do not want to see that happen with a movie quality Halloween event with HHN 22 Orlando. I think a lot of other Halloween events will be drawing on the Mayan "prophecy" so let's have this be an original year with original fear, terror, and madness!

Thanks and I look forward to being apart of this amazing family of fellow HHN Fans.

Hi everyone, first time ever posting on HNN and I am excited to be here with all of you. I wanted to give my two cents (ha pun= HHN 22) on what I think may happen.

Would be cool for dueling icons with a possibility of both parks being open, but I doubt IOA would be apart of HHN this year. Though HHN 12 was the year of Caretaker and that was part of IOA, who knows, ten years later....?

As for any rumors on the Mayan crap that won't occur this year, I so do not want to see that happen with a movie quality Halloween event with HHN 22 Orlando. I think a lot of other Halloween events will be drawing on the Mayan "prophecy" so let's have this be an original year with original fear, terror, and madness!

Thanks and I look forward to being apart of this amazing family of fellow HHN Fans.

Welcome to HNN! I've heard arguments for both 1 and 2 parks (and I'm leaning towards two parks BTW). My conclusion is that its just too soon for us to know. I think the key factor my be dependent on how badly Universal will be affected by construction come HHN time. I loved all the years at IOA/both parks (12-15) but I also know how much walking it is to do both parks and how narrow the streets are in IOA with basically two directions to go (i.e. clockwise/counter-clockwise) making it hard to navigate a drunken and frustrated crowd. But who knows what they have in store.

Welcome to HNN! I've heard arguments for both 1 and 2 parks (and I'm leaning towards two parks BTW). My conclusion is that its just too soon for us to know. I think the key factor my be dependent on how badly Universal will be affected by construction come HHN time. I loved all the years at IOA/both parks (12-15) but I also know how much walking it is to do both parks and how narrow the streets are in IOA with basically two directions to go (i.e. clockwise/counter-clockwise) making it hard to navigate a drunken and frustrated crowd. But who knows what they have in store.

Very true. I remember all the walking I had to do back at HHN 2004 as well as 2005. By the end of the night I couldn't feel my feet anymore. Hopefully come HHN time things will be back to normal somewhat at USF so HHN can continue as it should. Don't get me wrong either I loved HHN when it was at IOA but for some reason HHN feels more at home to me at USF...

Edited by HORRORLANDO