HHN 22 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

This will be our pre-speculation thread once again this year. We will use this topic for anything that you WISH, or THINK might happen at Halloween Horror Nights XXII (or will it be 22). Speculation will open when we feel the time is right and have some type of information about the event this year.

Some whispers going around that you can talk about.

End of the World

Zombies

IOA/Two Parks

Twin Icons/Dueling Icons

Keep it mature, but most of all have fun! We will be watching!

For anything related to JAWS closing and other House Locations, please use this thread: .

I would love to see two parks come up again. And since Poe has set a precedent, I would love to see a H.P. Lovecraft-centric house focused on the return of the Old Ones, signalling the end of the world (tying it into the whole 2012 thing). Set it in Innsmouth or Arkham, give me some Deep Ones and an animatronic Shoggoth or Mi-Go, and I will be a happy camper.

• Like 1

I really don't care if its at both Parks, I just want something to do with the end of the world. A house will do, but I would love for the entire event to be based around the destruction of the planet. Maybe have all the houses represent a different way it could end..

I would love to see two parks come up again. And since Poe has set a precedent, I would love to see a H.P. Lovecraft-centric house focused on the return of the Old Ones, signalling the end of the world (tying it into the whole 2012 thing). Set it in Innsmouth or Arkham, give me some Deep Ones and an animatronic Shoggoth or Mi-Go, and I will be a happy camper.

i've heard that A&D has had a Lovecraft house concept for a while. due to the high popularity of Poe last year, i think that they'll bring the house out this year and put it in the same tent.

that being said, if we were to get an icon, i'd be pretty cool to see an ancient Mayan demon of some sort be our icon and cause mass destruction on the world. maybe have a house represent a different part of the world and the destruction that would happen there.

i still have a strong feeling the Nightingales will be back next year in a doomsday setting.

Maybe BC I'm in my 30's but I think HP would be a travesty to use in HHN.... I think of it as a kids thing... maybe its just me...

But I think a Mayan 2021 end of the world thing would be a must! It could make for a really cool house... or even better a Mayan Priest as an icon! Preaching the end of the world or something...

Am I really the only one who doesn't want an end-of-the-world theme? It's so, with lack of a better word, tacky. Especially since the Mayan end involves a flying lizard man destroying the world with wind. Interesting fact! Quetzalcoatl (the main Mayan god and the one who will bring the end) was described as a white man who shines. The conquistadors (who caused the destruction of Mayan civilization) were white and wore shiny armor, which the Mayans mistook for Quetzalcoatl and his men. In a way, the Mayans were kind of right...

Anyway, I am very interested in the whole dueling icons concept. That could make a very interesting show and house.

• Like 1

Maybe BC I'm in my 30's but I think HP would be a travesty to use in HHN.... I think of it as a kids thing... maybe its just me...

But I think a Mayan 2021 end of the world thing would be a must! It could make for a really cool house... or even better a Mayan Priest as an icon! Preaching the end of the world or something...

No I also agree, I like HP but it would be a dumb idea to use it in HHN.

Am I really the only one who doesn't want an end-of-the-world theme? It's so, with lack of a better word, tacky. Especially since the Mayan end involves a flying lizard man destroying the world with wind. Interesting fact! Quetzalcoatl (the main Mayan god and the one who will bring the end) was described as a white man who shines. The conquistadors (who caused the destruction of Mayan civilization) were white and wore shiny armor, which the Mayans mistook for Quetzalcoatl and his men. In a way, the Mayans were kind of right...

Anyway, I am very interested in the whole dueling icons concept. That could make a very interesting show and house.

I think it would be neat to incorporate some of those elements into the event, but not as the overt event focus. Maybe do something like Fate for the icon, so they could weave it into the narrative without making it so explicit.

I think it would be neat to incorporate some of those elements into the event, but not as the overt event focus. Maybe do something like Fate for the icon, so they could weave it into the narrative without making it so explicit.

I wouldn't mind an apocalypse themed house, especially if Quetzalcoatl is involved. I just don't think it would work as an overall theme. I could see Fate as the icon, but I'm still pulling for a double icon this year.

That awkward moment when you realize the god you're talking about is actually Aztec and not Mayan. Their cultures are so similar...

Edited by I am Weighting

I think the Nightengales will be back. I just hope they don't try to do a Scarezone on it and stick with the houses.

I hope they don't leave the Chainsaw drill team to a last minute addition like last year.

With the new projection screens for Acid Assault, I can see that technique being used for some Apocolyptic element this year. Didn't they have a Apocolypse/Zombie Invasion one in 06 or 07 in the area with the Mummy?

The double icon is a interesting idea, I just don't think they should do a twins thing. Maybe two fighting forces like you mentioned earlier, but no twins.

I've heard this bandied about and think it could work. I am wondering/curious how they will work with Amityville being out of commission. Could they do a longer version of The Canyon in there this year or would they not want that traffic going through those areas?

The double icon is a interesting idea, I just don't think they should do a twins thing. Maybe two fighting forces like you mentioned earlier, but no twins.

I've heard this bandied about and think it could work. I am wondering/curious how they will work with Amityville being out of commission. Could they do a longer version of The Canyon in there this year or would they not want that traffic going through those areas?

If they did both parks, I could see them cutting it off right around the Mummy or the Disaster queue and at Shrek 4-D (similar to what they've done before), and then cutting off HP on the IOA side. That would still give them plenty of open rides and restaurants, and enough room for houses and scare zones.

so...we are going to end?

by wind?

The only way I see a two-icon duelings theme happening, is if we use both parks for the event this year. (i.e. one icon has USF, the other has control over Islands)

I agree, and it would be awesome if they did it, as I've never been to HHN at IOA. I wonder what they could use though? I could see Fate and Choice, but the latter was basically Lady Luck this year. And since both Fear and Lady Luck have kind of gone above the icons of before to be more personifications of themes, I don't know if they'd go back to two "normal people". Maybe they could do something like Fate and Anarchy, and the tag lines for the two could be something like "Succumb to Destiny" and "Evil Reigns Free," respectively. The Fate side could all be about the crushing realization of inevitability and order, and the other could be complete and utter chaos. I'm thinking Fate for USO, and Anarchy for IOA.

I believe Boogeyman13 hit it spot on.

Also let's not forget about what's happening inside of the USF's lagoon. It could also be used with HHN. As to the new 3d projections. I'm sure they shall be around here and there. Maybe even as a facade.

The only thing I worry about the two park idea. Is what happens when we get over to IOA. Most of the islands over there can not be used right? So how does this all work out. For some reason a scare-zone going through a SS would rock but I could just see the problems it could face.

I believe Boogeyman13 hit it spot on.

Also let's not forget about what's happening inside of the USF's lagoon. It could also be used with HHN. As to the new 3d projections. I'm sure they shall be around here and there. Maybe even as a facade.

The only thing I worry about the two park idea. Is what happens when we get over to IOA. Most of the islands over there can not be used right? So how does this all work out. For some reason a scare-zone going through a SS would rock but I could just see the problems it could face.

I have a few possible house ideas that have been on the burner in my mind...

1. a house on the grudge?

2. a house of stephen king stories?

3. a house based on the band disturbed?

4. another catacombs house?

5. a drag me to hell house?

6. a freakshow house?