HHN 22 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

And hey, since this is the wishful thinking thread, maybe we can get express passes for bars!!! ^_^

This was something we suggested years ago on the Vault. And trust me, I was one of those that noticed the decrease in bars. (I could easily tell you where they were missing :ninja: )

One idea we had thought of was a "Frequent Fear Pass" but for the bars. :D

Or some type of add-on for those 21+ who already had the FFP...

Hear, hear. Last year being my first event I could *LEGALLY* (ahem.) drink at...I was a bit saddened and dismayed at a 20+ minute wait for the full house blinky cup drink...At least it was worth it...

And hey, since this is the wishful thinking thread, maybe we can get express passes for bars!!! ^_^

I like the way you think my friend. Now THAT'S an express pass that I would fork the cash over for.

Can I still bitch and whine about Hollywood's event? ;-)

Why yes, feel free to bitch and whine about the Hollywood event, different coast entirely...bitching and whining completely acceptable in this case :)

• Like 1

Wishful thinking: of the 3-4 houses that have not yet been announced, none of them will be based on a movie, video game, musician or stage entertainer.

I would like to see a handful of original concepts thrown in this year myself. I'm all for the four houses announced, but seeing something completely out of the box that we have no current knowledge of would just be a bonus in my book. That's part of the fun of the event, houses that are totally original that we have no preconceived notion of what we are walking in to.

• Like 1

but seeing something completely out of the box that we have no current knowledge of would just be a bonus in my book. That's part of the fun of the event, houses that are totally original that we have no preconceived notion of what we are walking in to.

are we not counting the current rumored Gargoyle house & Haunted Mansion-esque house?

or are you specifically referencing the "unknown" parade building house?

are we not counting the current rumored Gargoyle house & Haunted Mansion-esque house?

or are you specifically referencing the "unknown" parade building house?

We aren't counting anything, we are just speaking in generalized terms regarding the remaining houses.

Obviously all of these houses are lending themselves to unknown storylines, the parade building moreso than the other two.

The parade building house is currently the only house we know NOTHING ABOUT...maybe we see something REALLY SPECIAL there. Maybe we see a crap house...IDK But based on the building's history, probably something special....I love that building for HHN, Isn't it similar in design to the carnage warehouse?

The parade building house is currently the only house we know NOTHING ABOUT...maybe we see something REALLY SPECIAL there. Maybe we see a crap house...IDK But based on the building's history, probably something special....I love that building for HHN, Isn't it similar in design to the carnage warehouse?

Considering they still haven't started constructing it, it will likely be the "cheap" house this year. But the cheap house has won HotY the last two years... so there's no telling how it may be received.

Considering they still haven't started constructing it, it will likely be the "cheap" house this year. But the cheap house has won HotY the last two years... so there's no telling how it may be received.

I've said before...Cheap doesn't mean bad...DE is a prime example...great house...had to be cheap. I personally really like DE, the whole house was scary with little money spent on set pieces it was surprising, at least to me. I think we may have a GREAT house on our hands here...The quiet ones usually are.

minus sleep walkers in 07...OMG IMO scariest house ever at HHN...IMO

that had to be expensive

I've said before...Cheap doesn't mean bad...DE is a prime example...great house...had to be cheap. I personally really like DE, the whole house was scary with little money spent on set pieces it was surprising, at least to me. I think we may have a GREAT house on our hands here...The quiet ones usually are.

I couldn't agree more...DE was a fantastic house! I have to honestly say out of all the years of attending this event (going on 22 this year) this was one of the few houses that I actually found myself getting multiple scares in each trip through. There was just now way to really adjust your eyes to see where anyone was coming from. It takes a shitload to scare me and let me tell you THAT house did every single trip through.

I couldn't agree more...DE was a fantastic house! I have to honestly say out of all the years of attending this event (going on 22 this year) this was one of the few houses that I actually found myself getting multiple scares in each trip through. There was just now way to really adjust your eyes to see where anyone was coming from. It takes a shitload to scare me and let me tell you THAT house did every single trip through.

My sentiments exactly...We may be overlooking and not discussing what may possibly be a fan favorite....If they haven't started construction, or just started, We may either see very cheap, OR...we may see another "Hallow'd past" type of house with old set pieces from nightingales or nevermore or DE or Body collectors, ECT. Hope we get a good creative use of money for an original idea tho.

My sentiments exactly...We may be overlooking and not discussing what may possibly be a fan favorite....If they haven't started construction, or just started, We may either see very cheap, OR...we may see another "Hallow'd past" type of house with old set pieces from nightingales or nevermore or DE or Body collectors, ECT. Hope we get a good creative use of money for an original idea tho.

HP was another favorite of mine, it was great to walk through a house and get swept back in the nostalgia from previous years. That for me was another standout house that year. Personally, I would love to see another DE style house, strobe lights and blackout rooms are cheap but provide for an amazing scare oriented environment...and on the cheap too.

Possibly the old set from Silver Screams Re-done with the DE style black light strobe effects.

I like that idea! And like I said above, strobe lights = cheap = good scares!

• Like 1

First of all Black Mask.. Ice Cream Man looks pretty cool lol "are you sure its a man" Anyways Im not sure if this was said yet but how cool would it be for them to have a house where they only let your group in and shut the doors behind you... I know they did this at one point because I remember being a kid and thinking my group was the only one in the house... and I know HOS also has a similar concept with "ALONE" but Im a die hard HHN fan and wouldnt spend any money to go to HOS, I know the crowd at HHN is crazy and there are a lot of ppl and the line would prob be double or even triple but I think something like this would be awesome!

So everyone agrees photograph is to be interpretted, me I'm inexperienced at horror nights, only been there twice, but have been obsessed with it since sweet sixteen. So I'm going to do somespeculating outside of the Dead Exposure theme, what if photograph wasn't meant as a theme for the house but was actually related to an aspect of it outside of theme, so let's say we drop the dead exposure theme and keeping with classic monsters approach the monsters thematically and that as the theme, and it is truly a house full of the most memorable scenes, similar to a wax museum of the monsters, except you never know which figures are the real figures, so while your admiring the sculpture it "attacks" you or the one behind you does, it could be an interesting dynamic to bring in, that every shift change the house changes with it. Now to incorporate photograph, lets say this is a more interactive house with a new direction for Orlando, were small groups are allowed within the maze and are allowed to follow a guide who happens to be a photographer and you are allowed to pose with the scareactor/wax figures, and get photos (straying into scarezone/rip tours I know) but regardless of the interactive element the point remains that through out the maze hidden cameras take pictures of you, and at the end it shows you the picture, thus revitalizing the classic monsters idea and finding a new interpretation of photograph. Should this be in wishful thinking?

So everyone agrees photograph is to be interpretted, me I'm inexperienced at horror nights, only been there twice, but have been obsessed with it since sweet sixteen. So I'm going to do somespeculating outside of the Dead Exposure theme, what if photograph wasn't meant as a theme for the house but was actually related to an aspect of it outside of theme, so let's say we drop the dead exposure theme and keeping with classic monsters approach the monsters thematically and that as the theme, and it is truly a house full of the most memorable scenes, similar to a wax museum of the monsters, except you never know which figures are the real figures, so while your admiring the sculpture it "attacks" you or the one behind you does, it could be an interesting dynamic to bring in, that every shift change the house changes with it. Now to incorporate photograph, lets say this is a more interactive house with a new direction for Orlando, were small groups are allowed within the maze and are allowed to follow a guide who happens to be a photographer and you are allowed to pose with the scareactor/wax figures, and get photos (straying into scarezone/rip tours I know) but regardless of the interactive element the point remains that through out the maze hidden cameras take pictures of you, and at the end it shows you the picture, thus revitalizing the classic monsters idea and finding a new interpretation of photograph. Should this be in wishful thinking?

....Yes, wishful thinking, but I doubt that will ever happen.

• Like 1

While I think it's wishful thinking, it sure sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Plus, why not supply more food for thought to Uni? There's nothing more exciting than a potential new source of revenue! ;)

I for one would surely like something like this - to end up with a photo with one of our scary buddies INSIDE the house!

The "in-house photography" isn't a bad idea. There are some other haunts across the nation that do that, and some amazing pictures come out of it.

I do want to explain something (and this isn't trying to berate or anything, simply educate). Dr. Jimmy (the guy who provided the "codes" for the houses) isn't providing actual house code-names. He works in reverse. He was given an explanation of the house (for example, he was told, "DE with Classic Monsters") and created the clue from there ("Photograph" in this case, directly tying it to DE since that was what he was told). The clues are directly related to the houses because the clues came from the description of the houses themselves. It was something "outside" of the house, Jimmy likely wouldn't mention, or even know about, it. That's how Jimmy works.

And we have a wax muesum before (Horror in Wax, 2004). It was an alright house.

I hope we dont get TCM or any more Movie themed houses..

If they did do one more what would you like to see? I have always wanted a Halloween House... I know HHNH had one... but even more than seeing Michael in his own house I would like to see something different.. an Aliens house would be awesome! Have Aliens, facehuggers, crazy little Newt... That would be insane... "Game Over Man, Game Over"

• Like 1