New House Locations

Chef

So...In a completely realistic REAL world. How likely is it really for each of the following things to happen?

2. Just Islands. The Event moves over to Islands of Adventure being it's home for the foreseeable future. If this happened, they would probably move the sprung tents to islands, perhaps behind Thunder Falls, or Behind Cat in the Hat? Unfortunately, with the added attendance from Harry Potter, many of the old House Locations are not feasible anymore, Such as the Jurassic Park Discovery Center, Poseidon's Fury, Bluto's Queue, Etc. But there is still the Carnage Warehouse, Sprung Tents, Soundstages, I'm sure they could make it work if they wanted to.

The bridge that connects JP and LC could still be used if they had to close HP, so no house locations would be lost.

First of all, I highly doubt that Harry Potter couldn't be open at all during an event.

Second of all, What I meant was with the added attendance during the daytime hours, it wouldn't make sense to close off large guest areas that are now used on a daily basis, whereas in the past, when the Event was held at islands, the park simply didn't have the popularity to matter when the areas I mentioned were closed. (Discovery center, Poseidon, Bluto's Queue) There is also Thunder Falls. The only one that really doesn't matter is the Triceratops trail, they had a house there once, and if they wanted to, they could easily use that again.

Thirdly, if you were referring to Amity...No...new streets won't be ready by September...

Edited by Chef

Normally they have a soundstage that holds 2 houses in it and the other soundstage only has 1 house. So they could utilize the other half of that soundstage to hold another house. Plus, like others have said on previous pages, Herc/Xena soundstage but I think its all messed up inside. Also Nazarmans. Or they could have both parks like they did for HHN 14: 2X The Fear and not use the Herc/Xena soundstage and use the Sprung Tents

Normally they have a soundstage that holds 2 houses in it and the other soundstage only has 1 house. So they could utilize the other half of that soundstage to hold another house.

That "other Soundtage" (SS 22) is smaller than SS 23. IMO, HHN houses have grown to the point where building two inside of SS 22 just isn't feasible anymore. However, they very-well could use one of the other larger Soundstages.

I'm really hoping it's option #3 (especially with all the construction that will happening with Amity).

It's hard enough to traverse through USF without all that business, and I would love to see the event back at both parks. Islands has a much better entrance imo and really sets the tone of the night when it's done up right.

I have yet to be impressed (or scared) when walking through the USF entrance for the event, but maybe that's just me. Even when actors are positioned there, the USF entrance is just not the best backdrop and really limits what the creative team can do.

Edited by madmonk

I'm really hoping it's option #3 (especially with all the construction that will happening with Amity).

It's hard enough to traverse through USF without all that business, and I would love to see the event back at both parks. Islands has a much better entrance imo and really sets the tone of the night when it's done up right.

I have yet to be impressed (or scared) when walking through the USF entrance for the event, but maybe that's just me. Even when actors are positioned there, the USF entrance is just not the best backdrop and really limits what the creative team can do.

One thing I will say about the USF entrance for HHN is the archway screen that they have playing. When it's dark and they have the lights lit around the USF archway in my opinion it really sets the mood for HHN. It works it just simply works...

Two things:

1) I think it would be cool to see both parks utilized for HHN. I didn't go on the 14th, so I would love to see how they would make that work. But I also question how they're going to make with an entrace. Will they use IOA's entrance or USF? Or both? Or maybe this is all irrelevant to the event. But does anyone know how they got to link USF and IOA in 2004? Did they use some background land to do it?

2) Does anyone know why the Herc/Zena warehouse is deemed "uninhabitable"? I'm just curious as to why. :P

2004 Was not the only year they did two parks.

They have used IOA 12-15 and a few of those years involed parts of USF.

It would be silly not to use IOA's Port of Entry.

In HHN 12 you literally walked through a video of the Caretaker. The Port of Entry/Port of Evil is a great themed area for a scare zone.

I know it's in the Art of scare some where...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40MQSsoS9g

(check the video at about 2:19) Hey.. that looks like a Nightinggale....

If you haven't watched The art of Scare it is an amazing watch. I regularly watch my copy several times a year ^.^

Herc/Zena/Murder she Wrote is not condemned. It currently is occupied. However I have heard it will soon be empty. Regardless. The queue for it is a bit of a nightmare as it takes over the street between it and New york which are used for games, and non-SZ areas.

the typical paths from IOA to USF are just behind the Grinhmas area (which used to dump out where a big honking roller coaster is now) and by posidon's Fury which ended up where the Ghost Buster Library facade is.

Edit: OK so I watched the whole thing again and didn't see it >_>

But This is kind of it (Thanks to Chris for the pics)

Except bigger... and you are walking into it... and its moving.

38008220.jpg429500_3293029881166_1130360692_3302148_1593239609_n.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking back at years past... HHN has evolved much more than we sometimes care to recall. The number of houses & scare zones varies greatly the further back you go. So, I'm confident that whatever Universal decides to do this year due to all the in park changes will still work even if it might mean one less house (which I hope doesn't happen). Who knows?

Looking back at years past... HHN has evolved much more than we sometimes care to recall. The number of houses & scare zones varies greatly the further back you go. So, I'm confident that whatever Universal decides to do this year due to all the in park changes will still work even if it might mean one less house (which I hope doesn't happen). Who knows?

Universal will never decrease the house count to below what it already is. It would just be too much of a problem for them. Fans would riot plus Universal would have to lower the ticket prices for HHN because alot of people that know HHN wouldn't pay the same prices as last year with 8 houses as they would if there was only 7 this year. There will be 8 houses this year, I'm sure of it... :)

Not to get technical, but in 1994 there were 4 houses... in 1995 there were only 3. While the scare zones went up (2 from 1), the houses did in fact go down. I know that was a long time ago and the event has changed a lot since then. Just never say something can't happen else Murphy's Law will... Still, I certainly hope there are 8 houses this year.

Not to get technical, but in 1994 there were 4 houses... in 1995 there were only 3. While the scare zones went up (2 from 1), the houses did in fact go down. I know that was a long time ago and the event has changed a lot since then. Just never say something can't happen else Murphy's Law will... Still, I certainly hope there are 8 houses this year.

I agree with you on that. Never say never. I simply was refering to where HHN stands right now. In the early 90's HHN probably wasn't as tremendously popular as it is now so in my opinion I just don't think Universal would drop the house count now simply because of it's popularity ... :) Edited by HORRORLANDO

Based on everything I've heard A&D say... 8 and 6 are the magic numbers. That isn't to say cost or some other factor couldn't change those numbers... But think about how the crowd has changed and the ramifications of reducing the number of houses (I don't think SZ reduction is nearly as crucial).

The crowd grows every year and reducing the amount of houses would equate to adding a good deal of time to the remaining houses. I guess you could divert some of the crowd with another show or more rides open... But then you also have the precident already set. All the fan boys would scream bloody murder and say how the year sucked compared to (insert first year fan boy went here).

Based on everything I've heard A&D say... 8 and 6 are the magic numbers. That isn't to say cost or some other factor couldn't change those numbers... But think about how the crowd has changed and the ramifications of reducing the number of houses (I don't think SZ reduction is nearly as crucial).

The crowd grows every year and reducing the amount of houses would equate to adding a good deal of time to the remaining houses. I guess you could divert some of the crowd with another show or more rides open... But then you also have the precident already set. All the fan boys would scream bloody murder and say how the year sucked compared to (insert first year fan boy went here).

Very true. If the house count did decrease on the count of all the goings on inside USF all of what you said would most certainly happen...

Okay can someone verify this. I heard yesterday that Universal Studios Florida is going to be building a Transformers ride and it's suppose to go over by the area on the side of Men in Black where the 2 sprung tents are for HHN. The tents where The In-Between and Poe were last year. Just wondering if this is true or not and if it is whats going to happen with the sprung tents... :unsure:

Okay can someone verify this. I heard yesterday that Universal Studios Florida is going to be building a Transformers ride and it's suppose to go over by the area on the side of Men in Black where the 2 sprung tents are for HHN. The tents where The In-Between and Poe were last year. Just wondering if this is true or not and if it is whats going to happen with the sprung tents... :unsure:

Not 100% but that has been the scuttlebutt for several months. If it does it would probably be a few years.