New House Locations

Chef

Hey guys,

I really agree with the HHN at IOA conspiracy, even though people said they didn't really enjoy those years. All of them have gone down in history as the best years for HHN, I mean look at 2002, we had a great new icon and an amazing house for him, 2003, another great icon and a great house for him plus psychoscarepy, 2005, an amazing theme with some very cool house i.e. body collectors and demon cantina. So personally I think all these years did better for the fans then 2011 and maybe some others over at the studios, so consider IOA, I think it would be fun.

i think that's more coincidental than anything. 2005 was the last year that was all original, so when it went back to the studios in 06(all sequels), 07(movies/sequels), 08(legends/sequels/1 original), and 09(movies), it wasn't the greatest work of A&D. last year and this year still wasn't completely original, but it was original for the most part, and most fans liked these past 2 years more than the previous studios years post-IOA(with the exception of 08).

what i don't get is when people say there will be too much dead space. only Seuss and HP are off-limits for SZ's. just turn the lights off, throw in some fog and music and those areas are taken care of. then put an SZ in Marvel, POE, Toon and LC are still available. since there's only 4 Sz's then, just make them cover the entire island. just a thought, but i still rather it in the studios.

So, as many of you have probably heard, JAWS and the surrounding Amity area will be closing this January. When construction for whatever is going there (rumors abound) begins, I think we can probably count on the removal of the current Jaws queue building which has been used as a haunted house location for the last several years. There have been many other locations in the past, but it seems like many of them are unusable now.

So my question is, where do we think that eighth haunted house be if we lose the Jaws Building? Nazerman's? Herc and Zena? Another Soundstage? Anyone have any ideas?

Or (And I realize this is a pipe dream) could they possibly look into expanding the event in new and exciting ways? I've already heard some interesting rumors for next year, so ... Thoughts?

Dont tease us with rumors! What did you hear?!

They'll definitely need to go back to IOA at some form during what looks to be a massive Jaws construction. They could move the sprung tents behind Cat in the Hat if it's a two park event or the field between Dundley and JP if it's IOA only.

I think they need to fit some sort of house in the nazaram's/sting alley since the Delancy/South st area was dead like creepy New York alley this year. The event is usually bottle necked over by Bill and Ted and MIB and would only be worst if Amity was closed off.

Even though I'm sure they can't put any HHN stuff in WWOHP, it should be open at least for capacity. Speaking of which, using two parks would open up Despicable Me, Mummy and Hollywood RRR.

they can use nazerman's still, but that would be an incredibly short house since they can use the Starbucks building anymore.

i've heard that come January 3rd, walls will be put up at either end of Amity. if this is true and it lasts through october, the crowd flow of the event would be a complete nightmare. i think that would be the only situation that calls for an IOA/2 park event.

they can use nazerman's still, but that would be an incredibly short house since they can use the Starbucks building anymore.

i've heard that come January 3rd, walls will be put up at either end of Amity. if this is true and it lasts through october, the crowd flow of the event would be a complete nightmare. i think that would be the only situation that calls for an IOA/2 park event.

I agree with you on the 2 park event if Amity is still off limits when next years HHN takes place. Also I believe the correct word your looking for if Amity is still closed off come next year would be a Nightmaze... :D

I think that the event could stay at Universal if both the extended Jaws queue and the FFL stage were gone, but I don't think it would be as good. The house situation is easily fixable - they could fix up the Herc&Zena SS, or add another sprung tent. But I can't envision B&T being able to go anywhere else, while maintaining it's large cast, pyrotechnics, and where the noise won't interfere. That would be very tricky if there was a stage big enough. I do think the event is ready to kick it up a notch in both parks. It's a good opportunity to add another house or two, and I think there is better space in IOA for B&T. Yeah, there will be dead space, and yeah it'll suck. But I'd be willing to have some dead space if the event itself is very detailed with another house or two. As for the WWOHP being too much dead space, does anyone know if the bridge from JP to LC is still there? The one they used when they were building it? (You must forgive me, I haven't been to the parks in a couple of years) Just block off the area and re-use (and if it isn't there, re-erect the bridge) it. Then you wouldn't have to walk through that dead area unless management wanted to leave the rides open, in which case this is all a waste of typing. Would JK let them use the rides if it's not contributing to the scares? Anyways, I haven't experienced the two park deal - HHN wise, so I don't know from experience how much of a downer the dead space can be. I could be wrong and it would make me really annoyed! But I don't think I would mind it too much.

I think that the event could stay at Universal if both the extended Jaws queue and the FFL stage were gone, but I don't think it would be as good. The house situation is easily fixable - they could fix up the Herc&Zena SS, or add another sprung tent. But I can't envision B&T being able to go anywhere else, while maintaining it's large cast, pyrotechnics, and where the noise won't interfere. That would be very tricky if there was a stage big enough. I do think the event is ready to kick it up a notch in both parks. It's a good opportunity to add another house or two, and I think there is better space in IOA for B&T. Yeah, there will be dead space, and yeah it'll suck. But I'd be willing to have some dead space if the event itself is very detailed with another house or two. As for the WWOHP being too much dead space, does anyone know if the bridge from JP to LC is still there? The one they used when they were building it? (You must forgive me, I haven't been to the parks in a couple of years) Just block off the area and re-use (and if it isn't there, re-erect the bridge) it. Then you wouldn't have to walk through that dead area unless management wanted to leave the rides open, in which case this is all a waste of typing. Would JK let them use the rides if it's not contributing to the scares? Anyways, I haven't experienced the two park deal - HHN wise, so I don't know from experience how much of a downer the dead space can be. I could be wrong and it would make me really annoyed! But I don't think I would mind it too much.

Animal Actors can't be used because it would wake up the animals. Beetlejuice is too small and would interfere with the house right behind it i believe. theoretically, they COULD film B&T and make it 3-D and put it in T2:3D, but it wouldn't be as great an experience, especially since it wouldn't change at all over the course of the event.

The bridge is indeed there, so it could be put to use to cut across HP. B&T can go in the Toon Amphitheater or Sinbad on the Islands side. Seuss isn't allowed to have HHN activities either, but the rides were open 02-05, but that's up to J.K. Rowling to decide. plenty of people would be pretty pissed if they couldnt ride FJ/DD. IMO, they're really isn't THAT much dead space for a 2 park event if you map it out right:

SZ in:

POE

Marvel

Toon

JP

Twister side of NY and Plaza of the Stars

Hollywood BLVD

roaming SA's in LC and connection of parks.

Houses in:

Carnage Warehouse

SS22(line in Studios)

SS23A(line in Studios)

SS23B(line in Studios)

Sprung Tent 1

Sprung Tent 2

SS20A(line in IOA)

SS20B(line in IOA)

Discovery Center

B&T in Toon Amphitheater

Horror Make-up Show(i don't understand why they wouldn't open the Horror show during HHN O.o)

Rides:Hulk, HRRR, Mummy, Spidey, River Adventure, FJ and DD(if HP is open)

Queues for the SS's might be a problem, but besides that it doesn't sound bad at all. it'd be nice to get another house too. But i don't think they would do all of that due to the cost of it.

i only see it necessary to move the event if they wall off Amity completely. if not, build another tent or make another SS house and there's no problem besides possibly B&T, because we don't even know if the FFL stage is closing or not.

Edited by foREVer56

so dreams do come true....

I would really love to see a 2 park HHN since I didn't experience the first one, even if Potter was closed,

maybe this new construction is a blessing in disguise lol

if they do it in Studios maybe they would cancel Bill and Ted? could they do that? have they ever done that? :mellow:

If they do it in Studios it might end up being a Nightmare to go to the event

I would really love to see a 2 park HHN since I didn't experience the first one, even if Potter was closed,

if they do it in Studios maybe they would cancel Bill and Ted? could they do that? have they ever done that? :mellow:

im about 99% positive they'd NEVER shut down B&T for a year. members of A&D have said that it's a staple to HHN and is never going anywhere, so don't worry about that.

my suggestion was only said if the entire Amity was to be completely walled off(which i dont believe will happen) and FFL stage will be demolished(but uni renewed a 2 yr contract with FFL, so the show stays <_<). the event will most likely operate as usual with the 8th house either in a new tent, a second house in the parade building or another SS.

also, i think having potter closed at HHN would turn out to be more problematic than anything because plenty of people that do ride rides at HHN would want to go on those rides.

I honestly believe that next year will be in both parks. Looking at it from a marketing standpoint - HHN 22 Double the terror or something similar to that. They could have an icon for each park (assuming they can get 1 icon right) My idea in terms of icons would be evil twins separated at birth. They are both sick and twisted but in different ways. One could focus on the gore that we all love and the other could be psychological. Picture the studios being done with all kinds of blood and gore, more scenes like the scene in saws n steam where the guy was cutting the persons leg open and things of that nature. Really play up the blood and gore to maximum levels. Then IOA (excluding Potter of course) could be filled with houses like the in between. Just really trippy houses that instead of relying on gore they rely on special effects and mind games. That's just an example of what I wouldn't mind seeing next year. I'm not trying to say that I know what they're gonna do by any means, just what I wouldn't mind seeing.

One thing is for sure: If Potter is included in any new HHN festivity, be ready for even higher prices with less deals! (Remember what happened with regular tickets?)

If they were to do that, I think what would happen (At least this is what I think they should do) is have a separate admission for the Potter experience. Charge the normal HHN experience and pay another $20 to see Diagon Ally. That way nobody will have to pay $105 just to get into the event.

I honestly believe that next year will be in both parks. Looking at it from a marketing standpoint - HHN 22 Double the terror or something similar to that. They could have an icon for each park (assuming they can get 1 icon right) My idea in terms of icons would be evil twins separated at birth. They are both sick and twisted but in different ways. One could focus on the gore that we all love and the other could be psychological. Picture the studios being done with all kinds of blood and gore, more scenes like the scene in saws n steam where the guy was cutting the persons leg open and things of that nature. Really play up the blood and gore to maximum levels. Then IOA (excluding Potter of course) could be filled with houses like the in between. Just really trippy houses that instead of relying on gore they rely on special effects and mind games. That's just an example of what I wouldn't mind seeing next year. I'm not trying to say that I know what they're gonna do by any means, just what I wouldn't mind seeing.

I would rather the event be just two parks. Having the same houses and venues for the past seven years just gets stale after a while; it's time to change it up a bit. If they're going to do both parks, I hope they do it like they did with HHN 15 where the event spanned half of Islands, the backlot and half of the Studios.

I would rather the event be just two parks. Having the same houses and venues for the past seven years just gets stale after a while; it's time to change it up a bit. If they're going to do both parks, I hope they do it like they did with HHN 15 where the event spanned half of Islands, the backlot and half of the Studios.

When I say 2 parks I meant what they did at HHN 15. They wouldn't need to use all of both parks. I made mention of them not using the Potter area and obviously the Amity area wouldn't be open. How much of each park they would have open is obviously up for debate. I just think it's the perfect year for both parks considering it's HHN 22.

When I say 2 parks I meant what they did at HHN 15. They wouldn't need to use all of both parks. I made mention of them not using the Potter area and obviously the Amity area wouldn't be open. How much of each park they would have open is obviously up for debate. I just think it's the perfect year for both parks considering it's HHN 22.

The only issue is, what rides would be open for HHN? If they do what they have done for 15, then that means only Mummy, the Cat and the Hat, and Despicable Me will be the rides for the event unless Rowling (SP?) will permit Forbidden Journey to be open during the event (Which I doubt). I assume they will probably open Marvel Island for the event so everyone can ride Hulk and Spider-man. If they do that, could we see the return of the Marvel zombies? :)

Is it just me, or has this thread turned into the official speculation thread?

The only issue is, what rides would be open for HHN? If they do what they have done for 15, then that means only Mummy, the Cat and the Hat, and Despicable Me will be the rides for the event unless Rowling (SP?) will permit Forbidden Journey to be open during the event (Which I doubt). I assume they will probably open Marvel Island for the event so everyone can ride Hulk and Spider-man. If they do that, could we see the return of the Marvel zombies? :)

Is it just me, or has this thread turned into the official speculation thread?

You must pardon my dust if I'm wrong on any of this. Been a couple of years. :lol: But would they leave Despicable Me open? On account of never leaving Jimmy Neutron (I think) open, I don't know if they'd keep it open unless it was doing really, really well during the day. And was Rockit open last year? If so, or even if not, that could remain open. So you'd have Mummy probably for sure and Rockit. But that's only two rides on USF's side if they kept it to that side of the park. I'd imagine if they restricted the ride areas that way at USF, they'd do it to IOA also. But if they only utilized the right side of the park and Rowling doesn't let them use it for fright, wouldn't that only leave LC for scares (depending on how far left you went) because they can't do Seuss either? I don't know if they'll keep it compact with utilizing the left half of USF and the right half of IOA with the new things gone on, just because scares would be limited at IOA. If they did that though and didn't open the rest of the park, they'd have Cat and the Hat, and MAYBE if allowed, Dragon's Challenge and Forbidden Journey. I think that we should just gear up with Tennis Shoes because keeping the event compact doesn't look like it'll work right now. At least in my eyes. (And the idea of restriction might not have even been mentioned here, but it was by someone on another site).

Also, wasn't there some point brought up about not being able to run roller coasters past ten or something? I remember that being brought up a couple of years ago.

Edited by Sweeneys Emo Kid Megz

I just don't see that happening either so I agree with you there. I simply think HHN this year will still just remain at USF with the addition of another house either being in a SS or a sprung tent. Universal will figure out a way to make everything happen as it should. Also Rockit was closed last year for HHN and I believe the whole roller coaster thing about not being able to run them past 10 was do to some kind of noise ordinance or something.

I still see it happening at IOA and USF, I just don't see it happening with it strictly the right side of Islands and the left side of the Studios. I think they'd have to live with the deadzones, and utilize more of each park than that. Maybe not to their fullness, but at least more than that. If they did that, there's the possibility of keeping the Mummy, Simpsons, MIB, Cat and the Hat, Spiderman, and Jurassic Park open at least. This is excluding Forbidden Journey because we don't know Rowling's stance on that, and also Hulk, Rockit, and Dragons Challenge because of the coaster situation. So I take it that agreement is still in place about the noise ordinance then? Anyways, if they spread it out you'd have better space (and with some dead space) to utilize for scares and more rides to keep open for the people who prefer to do that. I still don't think the average guest would care that much about walking back and forth between parks. They do it during the day without complaint (for the most part). They can do it at night.

Also, during the years HHN was also at IOA, did they ever keep the Toon Lagoon rides open? Just curious.

Also, during the years HHN was also at IOA, did they ever keep the Toon Lagoon rides open? Just curious.

Yes they had Dudley Do- Right's Ripsaw Falls open...As per your comment about HHN being at both parks that I do see happening again sooner or later but the half and half thing I just don't see Universal doing something like that either...

One thing is for sure: If Potter is included in any new HHN festivity, be ready for even higher prices with less deals! (Remember what happened with regular tickets?)

oh this would Suck, this would be the perfect excuse to high up the price, well, I guess it would be cool to see Potter...

LOVE this idea! if this happened would be so cool actually

Rip Ride Rock it was open for HHN 21, I rode that thing like 20 times

I've had similar thoughts myself. A play on all aspects of 2 as in HHN 22. Two parks, two icons, two little ducks....oh wait that last one is bingo lol.

Evil twins would work, a split personality or Jekyl and Hyde type. Anything as long as they actually flesh the icon out this year rather than the very weak last two we've had.

the 2 park for 22 is an obvious thought to have and definitely can be pulled off. if it were to go 2 park, i see no reason why they would open all of the studios. i think it should be at the farthest the sprung tents, exit at MIB like normal and have that ride open. hell, they could still do B&T in FFL if that was the case or another show(which is not a bad thing). san fran and amity should be left out if its a 2 park ordeal. on the islands side, theres no reason to close any part of it since the SZ's would probably be Marvel, Toon, JP and possibly LC. if Potter isn't allowed, then just use the bridge to cut across or leave it open if not. that's a LOT of walking.

I still don't think the average guest would care that much about walking back and forth between parks. They do it during the day without complaint (for the most part). They can do it at night.

this is an excellent point. im sure plenty do mind the walking during the day and would still mind it at night, but they'll still do it.

and i don't think they'd jack up the prices just for HP. i predict the ticket will go to 83.99 next year to keep on track with the price raises. the upgrade to do HP isnt a bad idea either.

i never heard of a noise complaint about the coasters. they're always open past 10 on the days uni closes later than 10 unless they're doing something like fireworks which causes a safety hazard for guests. from 02-05 hulk and dragons were open all night i believe.

it'd be nice to experience a 2 park event as i missed that event back in 04(by 1 year <_<), but i dont think they'd do it unless they had absolutely no way of doing it just in the studios, and the only thing that could do that (in my opinion) is if they completely wall of Amity from Tuesday all through October. also, keep in mind that there's more restrictions as to what they can do house wise in IOA, specifically the locations in JP.

usf.jpg

Well if this new park map is any indication of what will be seeing I'd expect to see walls running that entire span from diaster all the way through to the fear factor stage then allowing that area to be open to people traffic without any real hicups usually that path was open as it all and all you lose in the jaws house and the ride itself.

Edited by danny_p

the 2 park for 22 is an obvious thought to have and definitely can be pulled off. if it were to go 2 park, i see no reason why they would open all of the studios. i think it should be at the farthest the sprung tents, exit at MIB like normal and have that ride open. hell, they could still do B&T in FFL if that was the case or another show(which is not a bad thing). san fran and amity should be left out if its a 2 park ordeal. on the islands side, theres no reason to close any part of it since the SZ's would probably be Marvel, Toon, JP and possibly LC. if Potter isn't allowed, then just use the bridge to cut across or leave it open if not. that's a LOT of walking.this is an excellent point. im sure plenty do mind the walking during the day and would still mind it at night, but they'll still do it. and i don't think they'd jack up the prices just for HP. i predict the ticket will go to 83.99 next year to keep on track with the price raises. the upgrade to do HP isnt a bad idea either.i never heard of a noise complaint about the coasters. they're always open past 10 on the days uni closes later than 10 unless they're doing something like fireworks which causes a safety hazard for guests. from 02-05 hulk and dragons were open all night i believe. it'd be nice to experience a 2 park event as i missed that event back in 04(by 1 year <_<), but i dont think they'd do it unless they had absolutely no way of doing it just in the studios, and the only thing that could do that (in my opinion) is if they completely wall of Amity from Tuesday all through October. also, keep in mind that there's more restrictions as to what they can do house wise in IOA, specifically the locations in JP.

But going all the way back to the tents and MIB, isn't that basically using all of the Studios since you're pushing all the way to the back like that? Unless you didn't use the top half of it, of course. And I think more hardcore fans complain about the walking and the dead space than general visitors to the event, and even then it's because many of us hit the event so many times. I don't think there'll be too much ruckus about it. Maybe this coaster nonsense is just my insanity showing. I looked all over the forums and couldn't find a mention of it. Maybe I read about it on the Vault or something. Or I'm just crazy. In that case, let the show go on and add the coasters! And I feel like I kind of agree with you about when they'd do the two park switch-a-roo. If they wall off Amity (which is starting to look like what they're going to do, looking at danny_p's post) and lose FFL (Which I'm starting to doubt... unfortunately), I could see them moving. If they kept it there with the walling, I'd be kind of annoyed. Congestion much?

Well if this new park map is any indication of what will be seeing I'd expect to see walls running that entire span from diaster all the way through to the fear factor stage then allowing that area to be open to people traffic without any real hicups usually that path was open as it all and all you lose in the jaws house and the ride itself.

I suppose I see your point, although I still think it'll be congested with the walling off.

Edited by Sweeneys Emo Kid Megz

But going all the way back to the tents and MIB, isn't that basically using all of the Studios since you're pushing all the way to the back like that? Unless you didn't use the top half of it, of course. And I think more hardcore fans complain about the walking and the dead space than general visitors to the event, and even then it's because many of us hit the event so many times. I don't think there'll be too much ruckus about it. Maybe this coaster nonsense is just my insanity showing. I looked all over the forums and couldn't find a mention of it. Maybe I read about it on the Vault or something. Or I'm just crazy. In that case, let the show go on and add the coasters! And I feel like I kind of agree with you about when they'd do the two park switch-a-roo. If they wall off Amity (which is starting to look like what they're going to do, looking at danny_p's post) and lose FFL (Which I'm starting to doubt... unfortunately), I could see them moving. If they kept it there with the walling, I'd be kind of annoyed. Congestion much?

I suppose I see your point, although I still think it'll be congested with the walling off.

my suggestion was to stop at mummy and block off the problematic area, amity, and san fran, which is, like you said, basically the whole studios. But since the map shows the pathway through amity still, then my guess is that at least for now we're looking walls up to the curb of sidewalk a la DM style, causing plenty of congestion on a busy day, or during any HHN night. And yes, FFL isn't going anywhere unfortunately <_<. And you're right. even if the walls only block off the sidewalks, that still causes some pretty bad congestion considering the fact that B&T exits right there, Disaster! exits right next to that, and the tents exit right over there too. so, imagine the crowd in amity on a peak night without the sidewalks.

My guess? A MAJOR change to HHN this year. But in what way? we won't know until May, when the permits are pulled for house locations.

Edited by foREVer56