New House Locations

Chef

So, as many of you have probably heard, JAWS and the surrounding Amity area will be closing this January. When construction for whatever is going there (rumors abound) begins, I think we can probably count on the removal of the current Jaws queue building which has been used as a haunted house location for the last several years. There have been many other locations in the past, but it seems like many of them are unusable now.

So my question is, where do we think that eighth haunted house be if we lose the Jaws Building? Nazerman's? Herc and Zena? Another Soundstage? Anyone have any ideas?

Or (And I realize this is a pipe dream) could they possibly look into expanding the event in new and exciting ways? I've already heard some interesting rumors for next year, so ... Thoughts?

Edited by Chef

Nazzerman's would no longer work as half of it is now Ben & Jerry's/Starbucks.

couldn't they do it like they use to and just use the one side of nazzermans?

Another Sprung Tent perhaps... :unsure:

they have enough room to build a bunch more, so that's possible.

I'm guessing that they'll probably have another house in the parade building. It would totally make sense considering how big that facility is.

could they do that with all the floats in there?

I also have heard that Herc and Zena was not habitable, but I believe they do use it for some backstage things, so I imagine with a little bit of restoration it could probably be usable.

I don't know if the rumors are true, but right now it seems likely that Potterland Phase 2 will be replacing Amity, so does anyone have any thoughts about how that will affect the event, if at all?

couldn't they do it like they use to and just use the one side of nazzermans?

Well I guess so but that would be one heck of a short house. Don't get me wrong I love Hotel Hell, Hell's Kitchen, Toy Hell, and pretty much every house that was there. But I think using just one side would be a step back as it would be incredibly short.

I also have heard that Herc and Zena was not habitable, but I believe they do use it for some backstage things, so I imagine with a little bit of restoration it could probably be usable.

I don't know if the rumors are true, but right now it seems likely that Potterland Phase 2 will be replacing Amity, so does anyone have any thoughts about how that will affect the event, if at all?

T.J. stated that there is no reason they can't use Herc/Xena building. I dont know where the condemned rumor came from but its pervasive. It makes sense though why would Universal keep a building that is condemned for years?

I think it will have a huge affect on HHN if it's true. For one it is a huge chunk out of the park that break the continuity till 2015. The streets thgough there aren't huge I would imagine if it isn't block off entirely, we would be left with a narrow corridor through.

2nd, that also means no queue to house a house

3rd, Rowling is a huge stickler with anything entering her area of the park. So I would guess no house there ever again.

i believe it's used currently as a break room for employees

Well I guess so but that would be one heck of a short house. Don't get me wrong I love Hotel Hell, Hell's Kitchen, Toy Hell, and pretty much every house that was there. But I think using just one side would be a step back as it would be incredibly short.

3rd, Rowling is a huge stickler with anything entering her area of the park. So I would guess no house there ever again.

sounds like that must've been a hell of a house location :P

plus, if they indeed take down the FFL stage, where could B&T go?

Just curiously, has Universal ever resorted to outdoor mazes? I know a lot of the Cedar Fair parks do them. Instead of a Scare Zone, it's directed & has scenes just like an indoor maze. Sorry for my ignorance if they have had them in the past, it just seems like a no-brainer to me.

If the FFL Theatre does go (which I would have to guess is likely should the rumors be true) Does anyone think the event could be moved back to islands solely for the purposes of Bill and Ted? Or perhaps two parks like 14, or something else entirely?

Just curiously, has Universal ever resorted to outdoor mazes? I know a lot of the Cedar Fair parks do them. Instead of a Scare Zone, it's directed & has scenes just like an indoor maze. Sorry for my ignorance if they have had them in the past, it just seems like a no-brainer to me.

Yes they have done houses/mazes outside in the past. Back in 2002 Islands of Fear they did a maze called Evilution which was outside. Even some parts of other past mazes were outside.

If the FFL Theatre does go (which I would have to guess is likely should the rumors be true) Does anyone think the event could be moved back to islands solely for the purposes of Bill and Ted? Or perhaps two parks like 14, or something else entirely?

Eventhough HHN 2002 is one of my favorite years, HHN probably won't just be held at Islands of Adventure alone. If anything I think it will be a 2 park deal. But right now all we can do is speculate... :unsure:

I don't see them doing the event in only IOA again anytime soon. Seuss and Potter would make for too much dead space (if it's true they can't use HP for HHN), I think. I know they've been toying with the idea of combining the 2 parks again like they did in 04 for the past couple years so I wouldn't rule it out. Of course, the simplest answer would be to just find one more venue for the lost house at Jaws. Considering they have options with the soundstages, Herc/Xena, Parade building, or another sprung tent, that would seem most likely. :)

Edited by Creeper06

I don't see them doing the event in only IOA again anytime soon. Seuss and Potter would make for too much dead space (if it's true they can't use HP for HHN), I think. I know they've been toying with the idea of combining the 2 parks again like they did in 04 for the past couple years so I wouldn't rule it out. Of course, the simplest answer would be to just find one more venue for the lost house at Jaws. Considering they have options with the soundstages, Herc/Xena, Parade building, or another sprung tent, that would seem most likely. :)

HP is indeed off limits to HHN. if the pathway has to be blocked off during construction, i could see them doing an IOA-only event. not being able to have a full circle in uni during HHN would be horrible with the crowds. in IOA you have a full circle. it doesn't matter that you can't do anything with potter, imo. turn the lights off, throw in some fog and you're set. same thing for Seuss. then put SZ's in POE, Marvel, Toon, JP. if that's too little of SZ's, then they should add another house or 2. it could be done.

With a 2 park, there's even more deasd space plus a LOT of walking, so i think an IOA-only event would be better.

They'll definitely need to go back to IOA at some form during what looks to be a massive Jaws construction. They could move the sprung tents behind Cat in the Hat if it's a two park event or the field between Dundley and JP if it's IOA only.

I think they need to fit some sort of house in the nazaram's/sting alley since the Delancy/South st area was dead like creepy New York alley this year. The event is usually bottle necked over by Bill and Ted and MIB and would only be worst if Amity was closed off.

Even though I'm sure they can't put any HHN stuff in WWOHP, it should be open at least for capacity. Speaking of which, using two parks would open up Despicable Me, Mummy and Hollywood RRR.

Excellent. Let the speculation begin! ;)

Well OK... how does this wet your whistle?

Keep in mind this is based off rumors thus far and some, at least partially confirmed, info... thanks to Legacy for putting it all together in a nice picture.

Studios-BackstageExpansionSpec.jpg

Hey guys,

I really agree with the HHN at IOA conspiracy, even though people said they didn't really enjoy those years. All of them have gone down in history as the best years for HHN, I mean look at 2002, we had a great new icon and an amazing house for him, 2003, another great icon and a great house for him plus psychoscarepy, 2005, an amazing theme with some very cool house i.e. body collectors and demon cantina. So personally I think all these years did better for the fans then 2011 and maybe some others over at the studios, so consider IOA, I think it would be fun.