HHN's Medicine Policy?

I'm not really sure what the medicine policy for HHN is. I'm on prescriptions and have to carry a pill case with me daily (I take medicine three times a day, morning and night). So I had to take it into the park with me. My regular pill container was empty since I'd finished the medicine for the week before I got into the park.

However I am prone to bad migraines and carry Execedrine Migraine with me at all times in a smaller case.

I was pulled aside and I calmly explained that I suffer from migraines and the pills clearly had "E"s marked on them for excerdrine. I also kept a tums (clearly marked) and an imodium (in a plastic square, also clearly marked).

They even examined my EMPTY case.

They proceeded to tell me my medicine had to be trashed or put in a locker outside.

Where does the park warn you outside that medicine must be thrown away or put in lockers before you go through the metal detectors??? I had to dump everything and Excedrine Migraine isnt cheap. God forbid I get a migraine during the night, all hell would have broken loose.

Help please?? I don't want this happening to me again nor do I want to have to dump all my prescriptions out next time my container is full for the week (EXPENSIVE MEDICINE mind you).

I'm not really sure what the medicine policy for HHN is. I'm on prescriptions and have to carry a pill case with me daily (I take medicine three times a day, morning and night). So I had to take it into the park with me. My regular pill container was empty since I'd finished the medicine for the week before I got into the park.

However I am prone to bad migraines and carry Execedrine Migraine with me at all times in a smaller case.

I was pulled aside and I calmly explained that I suffer from migraines and the pills clearly had "E"s marked on them for excerdrine. I also kept a tums (clearly marked) and an imodium (in a plastic square, also clearly marked).

They even examined my EMPTY case.

They proceeded to tell me my medicine had to be trashed or put in a locker outside.

Where does the park warn you outside that medicine must be thrown away or put in lockers before you go through the metal detectors??? I had to dump everything and Excedrine Migraine isnt cheap. God forbid I get a migraine during the night, all hell would have broken loose.

Help please?? I don't want this happening to me again nor do I want to have to dump all my prescriptions out next time my container is full for the week (EXPENSIVE MEDICINE mind you).

The security person that told you that must have had something up their you know what. Sounds like you were cherry picked. It really comes down to who you get when you're going through the check points. I remember one time I had to take out my cell phone from its case because the person doing the check wanted me to when it was unnecessary since the case it clear and see through. There was another time I had to take a small camera out of a tight camera bag as well. Both times the person told me it was because I might have a weapon in either one. Since every security person does something different. You should not have had to throw out your meds and should have demanded a supervisor from both Universal and the Security group as Universal does not state that person meds cannot be brought in. I have take some meds with me into the park with no problem at all. But again it really depends on who you get.

Its just ridiculous. The funny thing is I was really cooperative. The guy asked if I had medicine and I dug it out for him. I should just say I dont.

My boyfriend was so mad cause he was afraid I might get a migraine during the night and have no medicine to take to feel better.

If you ever need anything there's first aid in the park. They're pretty helpful with headaches, migraines, etc. :)

That is true. But they don't carry all the meds for all situation. Just the basic meds no prescription meds. So the in-park first aid office can be a good spot to hit for the basic. Still messed up that they told her to get rid of the meds that are allowed.

I agree with Bear--if you ever have something like this happen just politely and calmly ask to speak to a Universal supervisior. I have never seen them be unreasonable. This sounds like someone trying to throw their weight around. I had one question my Mobil speedpass fob on my keychain. I explained to him what it was and he still seemed hesitant until I suggested maybe he needed to check with a supervisior if there was a problem and he just grunted and waved me thru. The whole process is silly since those in the stay and scream area don't go thru any screening at all beyond the CityWalk stick in bag routine.

Last week they pulled out my bottle of ibuprofen and had me walk over to another security person (supervisor? dunno). I was very cooperative, the supervisor said "fine", and we moved on.

Last night, while another lady with the aforementioned bug in an inconvenient location was going through everything in my fanny pack, I actually pulled out the bottle and asked her if she wanted me to open it or if she wanted to examine it further. Even with her anal attitude, she still said "No that's fine, let me see your change." :blink:

So I agree, it doesn't sound like there is a consistent medication policy there. I do believe a Uni supervisor would take care of the situation for you. But I'm really sorry you experienced that, I hope you don't have to run into that again. :)

I'm just wondering if anybody actually complained to guest services. I called and complained (on the 14th) about a security guard who was rude to me on the 13th and then somebody actually called me back to apologize this afternoon (the 15th). Anyway, long story short, the lady from guest services apologized for security being uptight this year. She actually said "we have so many minors that attend this event and they always have to watch for alcohol and other things. You know, with the Orlando Police and Florida being a pill mill state it's hard for somebody to even come here with two Advil. I guess that's why security is so uptight this year."

I agree with Bear--if you ever have something like this happen just politely and calmly ask to speak to a Universal supervisior. I have never seen them be unreasonable. This sounds like someone trying to throw their weight around. I had one question my Mobil speedpass fob on my keychain. I explained to him what it was and he still seemed hesitant until I suggested maybe he needed to check with a supervisior if there was a problem and he just grunted and waved me thru. The whole process is silly since those in the stay and scream area don't go thru any screening at all beyond the CityWalk stick in bag routine.

Are you serious? the people that do stay and scream don't get checked, that's just, weird.

I'm just wondering if anybody actually complained to guest services. I called and complained (on the 14th) about a security guard who was rude to me on the 13th and then somebody actually called me back to apologize this afternoon (the 15th). Anyway, long story short, the lady from guest services apologized for security being uptight this year. She actually said "we have so many minors that attend this event and they always have to watch for alcohol and other things. You know, with the Orlando Police and Florida being a pill mill state it's hard for somebody to even come here with two Advil. I guess that's why security is so uptight this year."

interesting, I haven't had a bad experience but it was nice to hear they called back, I know the security people have a job that is not easy, checking all those people and having to do it fast, but, I don't understand the attitude, most of the time they are super nice though,

It seems that the security at the front of the event is contracted out. Still, it's the responsibility of Universal to ensure appropriate behavior of the contracted employees.

Universal as a rule has some of the poorest, immature and unprofessional employees in the Florida theme park industy. A visit doesn't go by that this isn't made evident.

Last night we came to the express scanner person. My ticket didn't scan and I thought it had and began to move away. The person made this very odd gutteral moaning sound which, I'm guessing, was her way of saying "wait a second." At any rate, when I asked her if that was a verb or a noun she just responded with a blank stare.

It just never ceases to amaze me. Busch and Disney certainly set a very high bar for employee interaction.

It seems that the security at the front of the event is contracted out. Still, it's the responsibility of Universal to ensure appropriate behavior of the contracted employees.

Universal as a rule has some of the poorest, immature and unprofessional employees in the Florida theme park industy. A visit doesn't go by that this isn't made evident.

Last night we came to the express scanner person. My ticket didn't scan and I thought it had and began to move away. The person made this very odd gutteral moaning sound which, I'm guessing, was her way of saying "wait a second." At any rate, when I asked her if that was a verb or a noun she just responded with a blank stare.

It just never ceases to amaze me. Busch and Disney certainly set a very high bar for employee interaction.

Wow I would never say this...very little experience with Busch to make a judgement but I've always found Universal employees far more friendly that Disney's

HAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Wow I would never say this...very little experience with Busch to make a judgement but I've always found Universal employees far more friendly that Disney's

it depends

When it comes the type of employees you get at Universal it is truely random and the same thing goes when you pass through the security bag checkpoint before entering CityWalk as well as the Security checkpoint at the gate. It is also messed up that if you get into the park before 3pm or 4pm and are waiting at the staging/holding area you are never checked. Do they really need the extra checkpoint at the gates? No especially when you might no be checked if you arrive earlier in the day and are already in the park. It would have been better just to have the checkpoint at the CityWalk checkpoint and be done with it or at least have it uniformed for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

They're walking a pretty fine line by bugging people with legitimate medication. They could find themselves in an assload of ADA trouble if they denied someone with a disability the right to bring their meds into the park. If it was that sort of thing, I would definitely ask for a supervisor and calmly and politely explain that it's a medical necessity for a disabling condition and that they legally must accommodate me. If they refused, I would tape that interaction with my cell phone and pointedly ask for a name and explain that I'd be making an ADA complaint.