What happens when it *RAINS* ?

I dont know but, rain can make you sick, that water is indeed acid rain LOL

Your body is being attacked by germs and viruses all the time but it is being taken care of by your immune system. When you get wet you get cold and when you get cold your immune system gets weaker. so you become sick because your body cannot fight off the germs as well. i think? I don't know being in the rain always makes me really sick,

I'm an avid motorcyclist that rides in all sorts of weather. I own a suit made by a company called "Frogg Toggs." Keeps you dry, and it breaths so you don't get all hot and sweaty. It'd be perfect for navigating the park during a torrential rainstorm.

However, upon looking at the forecast for today, is it even worth trying to go tonight? I mean, will they even bother sending the scareactors out? It's 100% from 5PM to 9PM, then 70% thereafter. At least according to weather.com. In addition, the 5 to 9 is suppsoed to be severe with a lot of squalls. I don't want to show up all geared up in my rain gear just to get turned around...I've done that before in other situations, and it wasn't very pleasant.

Well I went yesterday and all the scarezones were empty, I think Saws n Steam was closed, and the lines for the houses were long and flooded. Things also seemed to be pretty chaotic. Next year I will definitely plan ahead for any sort of weather and choose a night earlier in the year when there will be less people.

Also, one of my friends is sick after being out in the wet and cold, even though we got there right before 7:00 and left by 11:00.

I was supposed to go yesterday (Sunday) and we just ended up cancelling - it ended up not raining too much by me, but I was afraid of all the flooding in other parts of town.

This week is supposed to be rainy except for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (so I'm guessing that HHN will be even more packed :P ), although it shouldn't be nearly as bad as it was this past weekend (seriously, what was up with that??? ). My group is gonna try again for this coming Sunday so please weather.com & Mother Nature, don't fail me! :lol:

I was there over the weekend, and I quickly grew bothered by the poncho I had (Wind kept blowing it up, didn't work all that well to begin with). If you don't have any problem with a poncho then by all means buy one. I, however ended up buying a Universal Raincoat: They may be expensive but they keep you dryer and warmer than regular ponchos do. I think they're worth the extra money.

Was this past weekend the most rain we've ever had for HHN? I know we set a record for the day on Saturday, 4.75 inches or something at the airport. It was wet and slippery, and I really felt bad for the guests who paid to get in and weren't able to appreciate the scarezones, but if it rains hard enough, you just can't put your people out.

I'm a big fan of the Universal windbreakers, and if you wear a baseball hat underneath the hood, it keeps the rain off your face too. Ponchos don't do much, and umbrellas get in the way. Invest in a waterproof jacket, you'll be glad you did.

For those who are seriously considering toughing it out in the rain, definitely look into getting some Frogg Toggs. I think that their economy suit is called the DriDuck or something like that, and it's only around 15 bucks.

Instead of the normally annoying and sweaty plastic that most suits are comprised of, it's made of this material that allows air to travel through the pores but not water so you stay dry. It has some sort of special name to it which I can't remember lol. It feels like paper when you play with it.

I can vouch after owning one for a year and riding at least 2000 miles in the rain with one, they're pretty good at keeping water out, though mine recently has sprung a slight leak around the crotch. That shouldn't matter to anyone who isn't riding a motorcycle in the rain, though.

First Frog Bogs, toggs are awesome I have a set and they are amazing. I was in Orlando on Friday and Saturday and I have never ever seen rain like it was Saturday. We went to Sea World during the Day they never ran Manta or Krakken but to test and then decided not good to ride. Sea World is not bad to wander around since there is mainly Shows but I am sure HHN had to be miserable as it rained even worse at Night. Sad Part is you paid higher to go on Saturday then got Zero scare Zones and no Death Drums doesn't seem fair but that is the name of the game. Sea World charged the same for no Coasters.

Was this past weekend the most rain we've ever had for HHN? I know we set a record for the day on Saturday, 4.75 inches or something at the airport. It was wet and slippery, and I really felt bad for the guests who paid to get in and weren't able to appreciate the scarezones, but if it rains hard enough, you just can't put your people out.

I'm a big fan of the Universal windbreakers, and if you wear a baseball hat underneath the hood, it keeps the rain off your face too. Ponchos don't do much, and umbrellas get in the way. Invest in a waterproof jacket, you'll be glad you did.

I think, in my experience, it was - the weather reminded me of the second hurricane we had in 2004 (Emily? I can't remember anymore).

The only other time I remember a significant amount of rain was, I think, 1999. I believe that was the year Floyd came through in October. There weren't many scarezones back then, so I don't remember there being a significant impact on the event, although the crowds did dip down a bit.