Z's EP Review

ZKeeper

Houses:

Nevermore- If your a Poe fan this is truly a house to see. If your not or know very little. This house can just be confusing and overall seem like a mash of scenes throw together. The Sets are top notch and very close to SS quality. Scares are there but more so the timing is just off on a few. Overall a nice house but lacks something I can't quite put my finger on.

Sets: 8/10

Scares: 6/10

Overall: 7/10

The Forsaken - Just walking into something your not understanding can't be a good way to start a house. Sets are top notch. Ranging from very large rooms to tight narrow pathways. The look of the pirates are cool but don't quite give you a scare. As to where you can see the glow then you know. I was really excited to see this house but was left feeling left down.

Sets: 9/10

Scares: 5/10

Overall: 5/10

Saws n Steam - Could not believe that I was in a "Jaws" house. Really the set design was so awesome with a retro feel to it. There are some scenes in here that have saying O My that did that!. A nice water scene near the end was quite something to see. As for the scares I really did expect to be on running out of the house. Though we caught it douring a cast change. In which they would not stop our line until we were already inside. So on that part I'll forgive some of the empty scenes.

Overall: 8/10

The Thing - It's a shared SS house and you know what unlike last year. I do not get the feeling of theirs another haunted house next door. The Facade is very nice and the design does not let down from there. Each scene feels different and the Thing is always changing so it keeps you on your toes. Scares are some of the best of all.

Scares: 10/10

Overall: 10/10

Nightingales - Your running around trenches. Did I feel that's true? ...Yes. Though this house has some scares and some good set design. What lacks is Sound and maybe a few effects. Where's the thunderis sound of war. It was there but quite tame than what I was expecting. Perhaps adding more different banshees, a few more soldiers and a all out battle scene would have been a nice touch.

Scares: 8/10

Winters Night - Another jaw dropping facade. The sets were so detail it takes multiple times through just to notice almost everything. Some good tricky scares in here but overall their timing will be worked on. The last scene has some cool scares in it. Though most will not notice what is suppose to happen due to issues I'm sure that will be worked out soon.

Sets: 10/10

Scares:8/10

Overall: 9/10

The In Between - 3D....o I've been through those types of houses before. Wait....the Facade is in 3D. Once you get inside of the dimension. Your not sure what to expect when you take every step. The Sets are crazy! I mean like how in the world did they think of this stuff. Midway through theirs a hallway. I won't tell you anything but the 3D is simply amazing in this scene. About half way into the half we ran into a cast change. Though both cast kept scaring nonstop. Bravo team!

Sets: 10/10

Scares: 10/10

Overall: 10/10

H.R. Bloodengutz - The que video is a smart set up. Describing what's ahead. This is the funny house they say. That's just what it is. Funny, and almost nothing else. I do like the concept a lot. The sets are different scene to scene. Though it's much like a blur. The President room has an effect you have to wait to see and I did laugh in one room. The very last room was not scary but had me laughing. Perhaps the scares will be upped and it can nicely flow out.

Sets: 6/10

Scares: 4/10

Overall: 4/10

Scare-Zones:

Acid Assault - Yeah the 3D projection is there and it works better than I thought if your far away even better. Maybe most won't notice the details of the flicker lights inside the building but it's quite cool. The scares were kind of lacking. Maybe this was due to it being semi empty in the area most of the time. So we shall see if more fog and it being crowded will help some. The Acid people looked really cool and different.

Grown Evil - A walk through a evil grown overrun pathway. It's dark which helps hide the scares but at the same time. It's hard to notice some of them. Set wise is was cool.

7 - This zone has a old school HHN feel to it but that's about it.

Sets: 5/10

Canyon of Dark Souls - Short and could be heavy on the scares. I like feel of this zone. The way the actors work together to still your attention is cool. Sets wise it's dark and there is not much to look at.

Sets: 6/10

Scares: 8/10

Your Luck has Run out - What can I say, she's the Icon and here is her scare-zone..? Just lacking overall from the sets to the scares. I can't really blame the actors as this is what they were given.

Sets: 3/10

Scares: 4/10

Nightmaze - It's very very dark and you see the path is changing. Though the characters are dark. It works and works quite well. The feeling I kept getting was paranoid throughout this zone. I wasn't sure what was going to pop up after each fence path. The set design is nothing striking but the concept with the moving fences and sometimes blinding light works.

Sets: 5/10

Scares: 7/10

I

t's Lady Luck's time to shine and boy does some of the houses shine. Some of the streets have a good pathway ahead. Though sadly I just did not get a feel that it was her year. Sure she's in the scare-zone and in the ads but that's about it. Say what yo want about Fear but I felt he was a big icon in his zone. Lady Luck seems just like a cover for the event rather than a idea to make the event out of. It's only EP night and I think things will look up from here on out.