2011 Scareactor Appreciation Thread

killswitch22

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a new big batch of shout outs! Sorry they're so late, been a tad busy (can we get this thread stickied please? it'd motivate me more!)

Lessee. All of these are from 9/24. Times should be fairly accurate.

Poe - employee preview (so cast A) Masque of Red Death actors, dancers & the masque. I always forget which ones are real and which ones are the fakes. I love how even though some of the dances aren't working or even are missing, you guys still manage to work with your space and get scares. The ravens for always managing to surprise me even though I know they're actors... guy in Pendulum with the head, you get me and my girlfriend almost every time due to your extreme proximity to us. Black Cat Poe, I can never be sure whether to look left or right and you seem to take advantage of that. Some of these actors/actresses may have been Cast B, since I hit you guys again around 9 and 11.

In-Between - employee preview then say, 9-9:30ish. Zigzag hallway (the straight path with the incomplete walls, bright colors) - you guys are brilliant and very mischievous, gotten me on a number of occasions. All of the demons with wings... your spot may be obvious but it's never clear when or precisely from what direction you'll emerge. You use your wings to maximum frightening effect... Laser room demon got me good as well.

Forsaken - employee preview, around 9, and around 11:30 - the popout cathedral crewmember, your scare is always very intense and I keep forgetting you have a side door to pop out from. Sideways room crewmembers for being awesome and freaking the shit out of my girlfriend (and getting me every once in a while!) Finale room crew receives huge praise from me though... the bungee guy is awesome and plays his part flawlessly, but I KEEP FORGETTING there's a damn crewmember directly to the right of the window. Sometimes he even crawls around the wall into the previous scene and gets us before we've even rounded the corner! That's dedication. It looks like you're my new Orphan Pirate (actor who got me every single time in Orfanage last year). And the very last crewmember has a great scare set up, and gets us almost every time. Great work gentlemen.

Saws'n'Steam - ho boy you guys were working it - 6 pm and, maybe 10ish, hard to say on the second time. But wow, you took an already excellent house and made it a highlight. The guys with the airblowers are always spectacular, as is the black guy in the leg-dissection room. Fake chainsaws got us, but our favorites are the two guys past the aquariums who often double team people... on every single run through this house, they've stepped in front of us and straight up blocked the door. On the 6 PM occasion though, you actually refused to let us pass and kept screaming "LOOK AT ME, COME HERE" to my girlfriend who was cowering into my shoulder. Needless to say I was freaked out - you kept it up for a good 20 seconds, no exaggeration. Rock on.

Bloodngutz - 6:20ish and around maybe 10-10:30 - much much better runs on both occasions. No Feaster Bunny, but the Hay guy got us great in Easter.... George Washington and Lincoln are excellent, Lincoln "activating" the bomb and giving us a little "shhh" gesture as he does it (hilarious). I love the enthusiastic chick in Arbor Day... she always waves and has the biggest smile and just shrieks with glee, it's awesome, allowing the tree to nail us (and he did, both times). Leprechauns, you deserve some very special praise... on the later in the evening run you both emerged from your holes and cornered us, snarling about "Nightmares" and refusing passage before retreating and then nailing us with your e-prompt. This was awesome, completely unnerved my girlfriend, and made the purchase of my Nightmares shirt totally worth it. You rock! The earlier run's Leprechauns were also stellar - they've made St. Patrick's Day easily the scariest room in this maze. Also, Bloodngutz on both occasions was great fun... first time he mentioned my NIghtmares shirt which was fun, the second time we talked about how he should've gone "Hostel II" with the place.

THING - I don't remember specific times, sorry - though I keep feeling like I hit this house with the worst timing, I did get a few good scares, mainly from the female "possessed" thing (with the ripped open chest and pincers). The split-face Thing got us both runs - and bungee Thing got us the first run (I didn't ever notice he was a split-face!) but was missing the second (:(). I'll keep trying on this house, I'm convinced I just have awful timing.

Nightingales - almost everyone in this house deserves special praise. Off the top of my head, the entryway nurse uses her bloodied corpse effectively to unnerve you. The Nightingales about halfway through this house, where they reach through the holes in the trenches, actually moved out to where they completely blocked our path, surprising us and making me literally jump back - I was shaking, the e-prompts were really intense and I wasn't expecting the blockage. The Nightingale who waits literally right past the "shit-in-your-face" in the room with the mirror trick making it seem like there were tons of corpses. Bungee nurse and the machine gun soldier for some awesome improv at the finale - the Bungee leapt all the way over to the Machine Gunner, who pulled a pistol and (with sounds) began firing at her. Totally unexpected and very cool, and served as a fantastic distraction for the Nightingale on the left to emerge and nail us.

Winter's Night - I love this house! Weeping Angel got us one time, the plowing-through-snow zombie is awesome, coffin room girl and ceiling coffin guy got us... The miniature scare got me on one run (love love love that scare, it's brilliant). The crypt zombie and skeleton-man got us. The specters at the end are always good fun, but the final one on the right deserves special mention - it was the end of the night (midnight) and we passed through the house, moving past you and thinking you weren't going to scare us, but I glanced back and BOOM there you were in our face. Wonderful final scare.

Seven - You guys are the best actors in the streets right now. I have received more scares in this zone then all of my time in any zones from previous years combined, I am seriously not exaggerating. The vanities, envies, and chainsaws in particular deserve a shitload of praise for how aggressive, menacing, and downright frightening they are. It was so good I took down a time range so I could congratulate whichever cast it was... this went down between 7:45 and 8:15 (we literally walked through all the zones, then back again, and around again and again). The chainsaws, especially the black chainsaw, had a certain affinity for my girlfriend - they'd literally approach us, the black chainsaw would shake his head and grin, and would then scream at us to RUN and chase us throughout the zone. At one point they cornered us against Sloth's stage and we were stuck, and the Vanities took the opportunity to run over and get in our faces, intensifying the experience. We came back later (literally right after the music/costumes switched from melancholy to Manson) and had a similarly great experience. If anyone from this zone is reading this, please take a moment to congratulate all members of your zone. It is seriously my favorite zone based on scares, ever. I will be returning often in the coming weeks, unfortunately sans girlfriend, and will hopefully experience similar results. Just, wow.

Canyon of Dark Souls - we didn't hit this one Friday, but wow I'm sad we didn't! We hit the zone just after the chainsaws were brought back out (post first rain) and before all the crazy fog was pumped back in, so the zone was relatively clear. Everyone here was incredible - the 'blending in" stilts to the roaming, enormous skull men. You intimidate the shit out of me. One skull man actually followed us through the entire zone, and out of the zone, towards Kidzone, going past the food cart (!!) and ramming his staff into the ground every few seconds to let us know that yes, he was still there. Now, around 8:50, (again I took special note), we re-entered the zone and the stilts weren't out again due to rain... but BAM out comes what would've been a stilt actor (judging by the mask) from behind one of the curtains, and he screams NIGHTMARES! NIGHTMARES! NIGHTMARES ALL DAY NIGHTMARES! and was just going crazy, flipping out and dancing all around us. He ran off, but it was too late - the other skull men had taken notice and by the end of the zone we had been swarmed. I understand MrBungle is a stilt in this zone, and if that was you, thank you sir, for helping to make my night. Great zone, again, will be visiting often (my #2).

Grown Evil - unfortunately no huge stand-outs here to report. Everyone was off to the side watching, and no stilts due to rain. :/

Nightmaze - a little better tonight, around 11:50 an enormous cloaked actor chased us through the zone growling and snarling. Freaked out my girlfriend~

Acid Assault - I can't remember costumes unfortunately but we did receive a few good scares here. Keep up the good work, this zone is growing on me

Luck - this zone is actually getting much better scare wise. The first demon luck (closest to Acid Assault) got us several times as we approached from the lagoon side. The zone just needs more ambiance... Luck Be a Lady should be playing, and unfortunately, demon masks blow. I do like how at night the zone is exclusively scaring while in the day time, where your positions are totally obvious, you allow pictures. Good mix.

I'd like to thank one of the scareactors in Canyon on EP night. You tried to scare us by slamming your staff onto the ground but we were paying more attention to some butt hole on a cellphone who was just standing in the middle of the path in front of us and decided to turn around and almost walked into us at the same time. You would have gotten a damn good scare but that ass clown ruined it for all of us. :angry: There is always next time so keep it up!

Edited by AWeed

I have a few shout outs from last night.

The Forsaken: (7:45) The finale 4 scareactors got me really good. Well done.

Nevermore: (7:30) Dancing Lady. Wow. The only actor I remember in that room. Got me so good.

All the Scareactors in 7. All day/night you guys killed it. Great Job.

Winters Night (8:30) Bones Guy. Best scare of the Night. Congrats.

H.R Bloodengutz: (10:30) Bloodengutz himself, it was nice holding a conversation with you. And it was awesome that you denied the guy behind me a high five.

Edited by killswitch22

Several shout-outs from last night (alas, I don't know the times):

Winter's Night: It's amazing how scary a well-placed hand in front of my face can be when it totally comes out of nowhere. So simple, yet one of my best scares of the night.

Forsaken: Usually not so scary for me because those eyes are a dead giveaway, but good job to the scareactor in the ship scene who saw me looking away and got in the perfect position to scare the snot out of me when I turned back around.

The Thing: Very, very creepy to get called out by name..."Barb....Barb..."

Holidays: Presidents, you rock!

Saws N Steam: You all rock too!

Nevermore: Love the ravens.

Grown Evil: During the day I thought, "This isn't scary!" At night, I had my best scarezone scare here when who-knows-what popped out of nowhere. My little stuffed toy ended up wearing my lemonade.

I wore my old-school Vault shirt and was amazed at the reactions it still draws. Tonight's attire will either be Nightmares or Howl-O-Scream.

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Thursday, September 29th

*I apologize, for I never noted what casts I went through.

The In-Between Demons: Y'all were great last night, especially the one in the dorm room finale! Great scares!

Nevermore Raven: The first raven in the hallway got a great scare from me!

BloodenGutz Pilgrim: I'm a bit confused whether it was a pilgrim in the Thankskilling room or an actor with a musket in the President's Day room... but man! The blast was incredibly loud, the light was blinding, the scare was very sudden, and it had my ear ringing for the rest of the night!

Nightingales Banshee: The very first banshee above the guests feasting on a soldier was extremely eerie. You made me feel quite uneasy for the rest of the house.

7 Minions: All of y'all were really pretty good! I got a few good startles from y'all.

Your Luck Has Run Out Cast: Every. Single. One. Of. You. Were. Absolutely. Fantastic. (The minion under the bridge closest to the lagoon gave me one of my best scares of the night.) Bravo!

Lucy Minions: I got some of the best scares of night for y'all! You all really work well together with just yourselves.

Edited by The Director of Horror

Adding some from 9/30:

Saws and Steam at 6:30- guy in front of the saw blade wall got me good was watching the blades move he came up and put the blade next to my cheek

Nightingales Blood Prey at 7:30- nightingale in the bunk room stalked me and my friend from one end to the other. Also nightingale in the corpse pile got me coming through the sheet cover

Also special shout out to Arbor Day girl at 6:45 in H.R. Bloodengutz: thank you for trying to share your victims' guts with me =)

The wheelchair in acid assault great scare I saw you at a distance but didn't think you could be a scareactor then I looked away and bam.

I have to give serious props to both casts of winters night I was lucky enough to basically go through with a small group of four when I got to the park. And the statue scare to the right of the dark left hand turn good job I could find the door and you timed it perfect. And towards the end of the night we went back through again I was in lead with no one in front. Guy above us awesome scare I didn't see you the first time and you got me good.

To both casts of 7: you are amazing!

In particular, though, the cast that was out at 10:00 on Friday the 30th was so much fun to watch. My friend and I sat on the bench in front of the blue stage (between the green one and the red one) and the two minions for that stage got so many great scares (my friend and I applauded you several times, one of you even bowed to us once). You guys did a great job!

Edited by sethg

To both casts of 7: you are amazing!

In particular, though, the cast that was out at 10:00 on Friday the 30th was so much fun to watch. My friend and I sat on the bench in front of the blue stage (between the green one and the red one) and the two minions for that stage got so many great scares (my friend and I applauded you several times, one of you even bowed to us once). You guys did a great job!

One of the blues is a friend of mine so I will pass along your accolades to the cast

Ok, I was going to wait until I got home to post my "great job"s, but I'm afraid that I will forget. If you don't show up on this list, you still have tomorrow night to impress me. :). In no particular order...

Forsaken: Both casts have impressed me at times, but my best walk-through so far was closing set tonight. Your last shift of your first back-to-back peak nights and you're energy was great! Special kudos to all of the finale actors. Good teamwork and it was my first time being targeted by the Bungee. Very cool.

Canyon: Cast A tonight was amazing. I've seen a lot of improvement just in the 3 nights that I have attended. I even caught you guys at the end of one of your sets and it seemed like most of you genuinely didn't want to take your break.

In-Between: Cast B, all three winged demons are excellent. The actors in the room after the sliding wall gag and the finale actors are good too. Note: I haven't had the chance to see Cast A yet. I hope to see A tomorrow.

Nightmaze: Both casts are good, but Cast A has really improved a lot over the past few nights. I got my first ever "Bruins" shoutout from one of the actors on A tonight. It was very unexpected and appreciated!

The Thing: Cast A has been consistently good. Special kudos to the female in the 2nd scene (good timing and energy) and to the final female actor on the left on the "ship/craft". She is always energetic and very much in character.

Nightingales: Cast B is consistently good and it all starts with the first "nurse" before the tank. She always seems to give me some special attention and I really appreciate it. I went through right before closing tonight and everyone was great even though they had to be tired.

H.R.: Cast A 4th of July room on right...both casts' Arbor day ladies, Presidents and elves. Special shoutout to the Cast A elf on the left (non-mirror) who managed to scare me tonight even though I was looking directly at them.

Nevermore: The one and only CSW and his severed-head managed to scare me twice on Friday night. Cast B closing set tonight from the Ravens 'til the end were excellent.

Mostly due to the things listed above, the blisters upon blisters on my feet and the pain they have delivered have been mostly forgotten/ignored.

Please forgive any grammatical errors and the like as I'm typing this on my phone @ 4am. :)

Edited by BruinsFan

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster...

I was at HHN on friday night, my third time this year, and every single scareactor was IN-CREDIBLE. you guys really found your groove early this year!

a few that really stand out from that night:

-Forsaken: around 5:45, I endedup in this house pretty much alone, with one other guy in most of the rooms with me. let me say I have never in my life felt so much like I was being hunted. In every room, each forsaken got me at least twice. I know the eyes seem to be a big issue, but you guys are experts at getting just out of someone's peripheral and then pouncing.!

-Bloodengutz-I was in the fireworks room and saw the scareactor on the right about to pounce at me, but the line slowed and the girl in front of me stole my scare. as soon as the line sped up he snuck up behind me and screamed, scaring the snot out of me. "that one was for you", he told me.

-Nightmaze-the big tall guy charged right at me and backed me into a wall. he just stood there and growled at me for a good ten seconds. very unnerving...

also big props to everyone in the scarezones who knew I could spot them coming but just walked up and stared at me. I tend to ruin a lot of scares for myself since everywhere I walk I'm looking for hiding spots.

Now that I've had 24 hours to recuperate from far too much walking...

From Thursday night - I was on my way out of the park, past the Uni store, and got a great surprise from Armyofrobots and his tag team partner as Lady Luck's minions. Loved the "shout out", and timing on the scare worked great. I'm happy you're on streets!!

Friday night, in Acid Assault - the scary lady that kept following me and staring me down, finally telling me she was gonna hide under my bed. I slept on the couch that night :P

Sloth's minion (I think it was Sloth's? I'm still learning), who remembered Dead Uncle Fred from last year and gave us a special hello. How much fun was that, you were ON and SCARY!!!

EVERYONE in Seven, both casts. You are on FIRE!! You all have so much energy, you are going to weigh 7 pounds by the end of the event.

This was opening weekend for me, so still sorting through the sensory overload. Having a great year here, looking forward to tonight and the rest of the run!!

And THANK YOU scareactors! :D

Wanted to add to my previous post that while technically not scareactors, I wanted to recognize Russell for his performance as H.R. Bloodengutz and both Russell and Bryce (nice to hear his voice in Nevermore) for always entertaining me at the Horror Makeup Show. It's always a treat for me when I get to see that duo at the HMS.

I've gotta give credit where credit is due. Nightmaze, you guys are definitely picking it up. Great scares last night (Saturday). Can't count how many times you would take advantage of the light hitting me in the eyes so I was blind, then getting right up in my face. This is a great tactic and absolutely freaked me out when it happened.

Friday, September 30th

*I apologize, for I didn't always note what casts I went through.

The Forsaken Finale Actors: I love the zip line effect in the finale. I was caught completely off guard while watching the gliding actor and the two ground actors got me wonderfully. It was one of my best scares of Thursday night! (Cast B)

The In-Between Winged Demons: Y'all are great and always seem to get scares from me. (Cast B)

Nevermore Spanish Inquisitor: Your e-prompt is quite loud. I've known where you are forever, but you always happen to get me. (Cast ?)

Saws N' Steam Cast A: Every single one of you were beyond incredible Friday near park opening. (Cast A)

Queue Video H.R. BloodenGutz: I love the actor in that video... a lot.

Arbor Day Girls: Favorite scareactors of Horror Nights. Y'all are amazing. (Both Casts, but especially B)

Thankskilling Pilgrim: You're definitely one of my other favorite actors of the event as well. You've gotten me every single time, and you know it. ;)

Holidays of Horror Cast A: I love you guys...

The Thing Cast A: Y'all are so intense! Keep up the great work!

Winter's Night Miniture Actor: I've learned you should never look directly into a miniture model. You must get about a thousand scares a night. (Cast A)

Sloth: Wow, you're really impressive. I love the way you move

Mel's Minions: I always got excited whenever I was about to enter this "area" last night. Y'all have my vote of "Creepiest Character". I love my minions...

Canyon of Dark Souls Stilts: All of y'all are very talented.

Nightmaze Actors: You all have improved greatly (from what I've heard) since opening weekend.

Edited by The Director of Horror

Two big thank you for Winter's Night tonight! I'm not sure of the cast. I'm 90% sure this is for Cast A. First the guy in the overhead coffin, you got me really really good tonight, made me jump so far back. I loved it. Second, the girl in the distant cemetery/miniature scene. I know your there, I don't know why I keep on looking but you get me EVERY single time, you nearly give me a heart attack tonight. Loved it!

Guys, I was thoroughly impressed with all of the shoutouts I got tonight. I can't thank all of you that gave me a shoutout or an extra special scare enough. It's crazy how much those simple shoutouts every once in awhile really make a night better.

I know I'll probably forget someone, but over this past Friday and Sunday, I got some great scares in:

The finale of Saws and Steam (not exactly sure who it was, but they knew my name!) and from one of the victims (Scott?).

Seven, from way too many actors to count.

From Lady Luck's minions scattered in front of Mel's (seriously, I need to know who got me THREE times!)

In Grown Evil (Possibly Pumpkin?) and Canyon of Dark Souls, from several actors.

In the Forsaken, from a few actors.

In Nightingales, from a few actors, one of which I know was Victoria.

I know I'm probably forgetting a few actors, and for that I'm sorry, but this was really my best night yet! I will try to modify what I have written about opening weekend so far in my review and make note of all of the major improvements I've seen. Keep up the fantastic work, guys!

Friday, September 30th

*I apologize, for I didn't always note what casts I went through.

The Forsaken Finale Actors: I love the zip line effect in the finale. I was caught completely off guard while watching the gliding actor and the two ground actors got me wonderfully. It was one of my best scares of Thursday night! (Cast B)

The In-Between Winged Demons: Y'all are great and always seem to get scares from me. (Cast B)

Nevermore Spanish Inquisitor: Your e-prompt is quite loud. I've known where you are forever, but you always happen to get me. (Cast ?)

Saws N' Steam Cast A: Every single one of you were beyond incredible Friday near park opening. (Cast A)

Queue Video H.R. BloodenGutz: I love that queue video... a lot.

Arbor Day Girls: Favorite scareactors of Horror Nights. Y'all are amazing. (Both Casts, but especially B)

Thankskilling Pilgrim: You're definitely one of my other favorite actors of the event as well. You've gotten me every single time, and you know it. ;)

Holidays of Horror Cast B: I love you guys...

The Thing Cast A: Y'all are so intense! Keep up the great work!

Winter's Night Miniture Actor: I've learned you should never look directly into a miniture model. You must get about a thousand scares a night. (Cast A)

Sloth: Wow, you're really impressive. I love the way you move

Mel's Minions: I always got excited whenever I was about to enter this "area" last night. Y'all have my vote of "Creepiest Character". I love my minions...

Canyon of Dark Souls Stilts: All of y'all are very talented.

Nightmaze Actors: You all have improved greatly (from what I've heard) since opening weekend.

If it's weirdo upside-down-imaginary-lap-dance-hot-yoga Sloth you're talking about-- I'm sure you're heartily thanked! If it's not that Sloth I'll be sure to let the other Sloth know she's appreciated :-)