Death Drums

JackLover

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw two of the three shows, but I honestly have no intention of seeing the third. What's upsetting about it, in my opinion, is when they drum to a song with the vocals in it. I don't mind when they drum to the beat of a song that everybody knows, i.e. Thriller, but what's the point of them banging a drum while your listening to Rihanna's song S&M? I have respect for those drummers because it's not an easy thing to do, but it almost cheapens the effect when you're listening to a song and not enjoying only the sounds of the drumming.

It's okay... saw the Thriller one and was kinda bored.... saw the one with the half naked hotties and liked that one a little better ;)

But really id rather see another scare zone.

mmmm, which one is that one might I ask?

what you said

"I rather see another Scare zone"

yes, I said that before too, in 2007 we had the Jack show and 1 scare zone, i believe scarezones are a lot better than shows, shows only appear a couple of times per day and is not permanent, shows take a lot of space and resources that could have used in a better way, like Sets..... which were really needed this year around the park

I am always up for parks trying out new ideas so I won't knock it completely but you are right about the sets possibly being better though if we get these great quality houses instead as well the streets can be a little sparse to me

yeah I wont hate them for doing this show,

plus I was never at HHN in the past, but from seeing the videos of the past HHN years, I saw this zone feels like old times, some videos even from the 90's show stuff kind of similar to this, (without the drums) so this show reminds me of what i saw from the videos of the past of HHN

but, I guess I realized one of my favorite things about HHN is scarezones, 2008 and 2010 are amazing years because of this, the park looked beautiful in 2008, the zones and costumes were amazing, the skool zone was so cool, Esqueleto muerte has to be one of my favorite zones too,

I know I am not the most positive about the zones this year, and I might be the only one that feels this way about scare zones, i think they are as important as houses and you get to take pics of the actors and the sets, something you cant in the houses, but like i said i might be the only one that thinks this, Again this show is new and I give them credit for doing something new

Edited by black mask

but, I guess I realized one of my favorite things about HHN is scarezones, 2008 and 2010 are amazing years because of this, the park looked beautiful in 2008, the zones and costumes were amazing, the skool zone was so cool, Esqueleto muerte has to be one of my favorite zones too,

I know I am not the most positive about the zones this year, and I might be the only one that feels this way about scare zones, i think they are as important as houses and you get to take pics of the actors and the sets, something you cant in the houses, but like i said i might be the only one that thinks this, Again this show is new and I give them credit for doing something new

Very much agree 2008 spoiled me I have attended since '05 and agree that RoF had some amazing scarezones (should put reference to ny image gallery from that year o.O)

Some years though especially since I think that being spoiled makes me expect a little less every year =/ hopefully next year will see a focus on them again

I think I would ultimately rather have a longer show in a theater so it takes bodies off the streets. These shows seem too short to make a real difference, and basically clog up a main pedestrian artery. Last night felt like the first truly packed night, and I couldn't help but think filling up Beetlejuice or Animal Actors four times would have alleviated that a bit.

I watched the show and I think they spelled out "sexy" at the end with the neon glow sticks the dancers were holding. Not really sure if that is appropriate for HHN myself. Would have liked the drums to be amplified more (like the big bass in Blue Man Group), but I guess that is difficult to do outside. I agree with other opinion in this tread, it was neat, nice try Uni for trying something new, but I would rather have an extra scare zone...

I think I would ultimately rather have a longer show in a theater so it takes bodies off the streets. These shows seem too short to make a real difference, and basically clog up a main pedestrian artery. Last night felt like the first truly packed night, and I couldn't help but think filling up Beetlejuice or Animal Actors four times would have alleviated that a bit.

this i agree, a show (like rocky horror) would take people off the streets

lol i love how you say takes bodies and clog artery :)

Guest HHNPicMan

I dont know if anyone has seen this yet, but "Death Drums" is being moved over infront of Mel's. It looks like it will now take place where the two X's stood last year. All of the lights, speakers, and equipment was moved last night to this new location.

Also, the food booths that where along the street, further down, have been relocated to the entrance of "Acid Assault." I do not know of any reason why they moved all of this stuff, but for some reason the street has been cleared completely.

Just some interesting tid bits...

I wasn't really looking forward to this show, but we caught it a few times during the weekend and it was amazing! I loved the music and build up of the processions coming towards the intersection, the performance was great both by the drummers and the dancers, the lightening and sound were top notch, and it was just VERY enjoyable.

I was quite pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the show and have watched the videos I took of it several times to relive it. The sound quality on my camera SUCKS so I'm not going to post them or anything.

I dont know if anyone has seen this yet, but "Death Drums" is being moved over infront of Mel's. It looks like it will now take place where the two X's stood last year. All of the lights, speakers, and equipment was moved last night to this new location.

Also, the food booths that where along the street, further down, have been relocated to the entrance of "Acid Assault." I do not know of any reason why they moved all of this stuff, but for some reason the street has been cleared completely.

Just some interesting tid bits...

in front of Grown Evil?

well, that's usually where the show begins, or ends, I wonder whats going on

We got to see the entire Death Drums show on Sunday night and I have to say we really enjoyed it! It was a nice addition to the event and really is something unique. Great combination of music and dancing, if you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend doing so.

Ok Now I saw the show with the hot people in leather

I have been saying good things about this show

but then Today I noticed one thing, It seems most of the dancing is towards one side of the show, let me explain, the drum towers are placed in the middle, so you have the left where 7 scarezone is, and the right were Grown evil is, So, towards the side of grown evil where I was, there were like 2-3 dancers, Towards the 7 Side, there were like 8 or something I don't know, then towards the end, the dancers got some wooden sticks, and all the dancers went to the left side, Sure there were some dancers in our side too, but, seems like all the attention was to the left side of the show, the people standing there,

I Don't know if this happens a lot of just tonight when I saw it , but I have to say, it was disappointing...

Also they were Playing Living Dead GIrl by Rob Zombie, one of the greatest songs, so it made me a little disappointing that it almost felt like we were at the back of the show while the other side got to see more dancing

The new show location is one of the worst decisions ever. It's bad enough getting around the park when it's crowded, but Thursday was a special hell thanks to all the people waiting for Death Drums early and the TMs keeping the spot clear (plus it was adjacent to Ghost Hunters, although that didn't seem to affect anything). Crowded, can-barely-find-space-to-walk event + show that draws a non-moving crowd = epic fail. It wasn't nearly so disruptive in the other spot.

I saw the last show, on the 9th. It was rather boring for me. The dancers were mainly on the other side, facing mels, while I was on the grown evil side. It had also just started to rain again, so maybe that was why I didn't enjoy it as much. It wasn't bad but, honestly, the drunk guys standing next to me were ten times more entertaining.

I saw the last show, on the 9th. It was rather boring for me. The dancers were mainly on the other side, facing mels, while I was on the grown evil side. It had also just started to rain again, so maybe that was why I didn't enjoy it as much. It wasn't bad but, honestly, the drunk guys standing next to me were ten times more entertaining.

so it happened to you too for the last dance

this is just Bulls#$%

i mean yes that is what i was trying to say, the dancers are always facing the Mels side, it really sucks if you are on the grown evil side

So move then?

LOL Not possible, specially with a huge crowd and people working for uni making sure to keep people off the street where they are performing, I mean you could move, but, you might as well just leave because you wont be able to see anything because of the crowd, I guess the real solution is just to run and be on the Me's side before it starts , but, if this show was meant to be seen from only one side, it could have easily been done in a stage or something,

Edited by black mask

They've made some minor choreography changes to fit the new venue, so more of the dancers are on the Grown Evil side. Caught the high energy show, and my biggest complaint is that you could only see "Sexy" spelt out on one side, but that's what happens when you move to a better location for the show.

• Mark M. changed the title to Death Drums