Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

JackLover

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past few years they have actually used popular movies though. This year they didn't even use the real big characters. I didn't know some of the characters(and I'm a kid) and they barely used charlie sheen, which was the oddest part. Also who was the hillbilly characters? Didn't get that part?

They mentioned Steve Jobs last night..

When Charlie Sheen talked about Facebook, he said something along the lines of:

Sorry I didn't see the post sooner on Facebook, my feed was all clogged up with Steve Jobs tributes

I kinda felt like it was too soon for that...

Well, I saw the 11:30 show on Friday, and I must say...I'm somewhat impressed. Definitely better than last year's show (which was terrible). This year's BnT starts out strong, and then kinda slumps a bit before ending on an amazing high note.

PROS:

Conan/Coco, an amazing finale (best one I've seen in my 3yrs attending), Kickstart My Heart (It was awesome on so many levels to see the whole gang grouped together jamming out with BnT in the lead with guitars), Mr. Chow (Delivered the best opening I've seen), Smurfette (This sequence made me feel like a pervert, but WOW was she hot. There's also a sequence where she's dancing and u can see her panties), Osama Bin Laden (Definitely came out of left field but every time he was on I laughed my ass off), Bush & Obama/Seal Team 6 (Great surprise), Charlie Sheen (barely used but it's still good to see him in the show), Captain Mexico (I would seriously buy a Captain Mexico shirt, this guy was awesome and shows that the writers still got it), The set (Straight out of the film, resembles a Circle K but is called a 69 for whatever reason, maybe legal issues?), and there's also a great joke about the audience being drunk and another audience pleaser about little kids at the event.

CONS:

Many characters seemed out of place or completely random (Great Kazoo, The skunk/badger, the guy all in black), many jokes didn't hit their mark like they should have, the way they wrap up the villains storyline was really weird, Oh and the villain was lame (but fun, better than last year's villain)

So, overall the show was one of the weaker ones I've seen but at least it was better than last years. I think of this year's show as good, campy fun which is why I was able to have a flippin blast with it despite it's shortcomings. I'm definitely going to see it several times. It may not be the best BnT show, but it's still pretty damn fun and succeeds at showing audience members a good time. I'd reccommend it.

7/10

Edited by cwoolboy

To be honest, the show was OK, but not better than last year in the funny aspect of it. A little bit of sexual comments I dont really mind since it is a part of Bill & Ted show. But the whole show either had girls dancing provocatively or certain blue people flirting with others. And that wasnt all too "funny" in my book, but the show did have its good parts too, such as "the terrorist" and the amazing set!

Last year I had no problem getting a photo with the actors who played Bill and Ted. On opening night this year I had no problem. However, it seems that since opening weekend it has been impossible. On one night I tried right after a show that was midway through the night, and I can totally understand that they have to prepare for the next one. Another time, I waited outside after the last show and the security guard kicked me out. Does anybody know when the actors make an appearance; lately it has been hit or miss.

i dont get the hate for 2010's B&T i thought it was really funny. this years was pretty bad though. worst ive seen.

2010 had the bad luck to follow an amazing 2009 show and, to be honest, was a lot worse earlier in the season. Some of the jokes were tweaked, and a lot of the actor's timing improved (especially "The Situation's")

That said, I'm wondering if the relative obscurity of some of the subject matter is starting to hit the show. In 2006--the high water mark for me--EVERYONE knew who Jack Sparrow and Magneto were, and I imagine 90% of the crowd knew the Peanut Butter-Jelly song. This year, Black Swan and Anthony Weiner and Rooster Cogburn might be a little too off the radar for the typical HHN crowd. It makes me feel old, but some of the Gen X references seem to go over the crowd's head, as well (see below).

Just spitballing ideas here, because this year the crowd seems really divided. Some friends of mine love it, some say it's the worst ever.

BTW, noticed this weekend the show has been tweaked...

The True Grit scene has been punched up with various Big Lebowski references ("The dude abides" worked--others did not). They also dropped the whole Ponzi scheme aspect of it, which is a shame IMO, and the whole thing probably was cut maybe 30 seconds.

The whole "She just ate two McGriddles and the rings of Saturn" bit is gone. Three shows over two nights, didn't appear once. Hurts the show plot-wise, what plot there is anyway, but another 30 seconds or so shaved off the show.

Coco likes to ad lib, but they seem to have new permanent variations on his and Nikki Minaj's lines. I thought this was one of the better scenes already, not sure why they felt the need to tweak it.

Smurfette's "Is that a Snork?" line was cut. I'm guessing went over the heads of everyone under 35.

Overall, it reflects an attempt to answer criticism, which you have to respect. They're trying to improve the show throughout the month.

2010 had the bad luck to follow an amazing 2009 show and, to be honest, was a lot worse earlier in the season. Some of the jokes were tweaked, and a lot of the actor's timing improved (especially "The Situation's")

That said, I'm wondering if the relative obscurity of some of the subject matter is starting to hit the show. In 2006--the high water mark for me--EVERYONE knew who Jack Sparrow and Magneto were, and I imagine 90% of the crowd knew the Peanut Butter-Jelly song. This year, Black Swan and Anthony Weiner and Rooster Cogburn might be a little too off the radar for the typical HHN crowd. It makes me feel old, but some of the Gen X references seem to go over the crowd's head, as well (see below).

Just spitballing ideas here, because this year the crowd seems really divided. Some friends of mine love it, some say it's the worst ever.

BTW, noticed this weekend the show has been tweaked...

The True Grit scene has been punched up with various Big Lebowski references ("The dude abides" worked--others did not). They also dropped the whole Ponzi scheme aspect of it, which is a shame IMO, and the whole thing probably was cut maybe 30 seconds.

The whole "She just ate two McGriddles and the rings of Saturn" bit is gone. Three shows over two nights, didn't appear once. Hurts the show plot-wise, what plot there is anyway, but another 30 seconds or so shaved off the show.

Coco likes to ad lib, but they seem to have new permanent variations on his and Nikki Minaj's lines. I thought this was one of the better scenes already, not sure why they felt the need to tweak it.

Smurfette's "Is that a Snork?" line was cut. I'm guessing went over the heads of everyone under 35.

Overall, it reflects an attempt to answer criticism, which you have to respect. They're trying to improve the show throughout the month.

I have to agree with some of the lines being cut hurting the show abit but the one being over the heads of everyone under 35 is incorrect. I would say under the age of 25 would be correct since I remember them being on when I was a kid and I'm 31. Hell even my sister remember that show and she's 25.

The show was pretty lame... I will say the same thing I've said for the past few years. Nothing has been better than 2006 B&T for me. They haven't been funny at all, especially this year. The best part of the show was that we were resting from walking and there was music.

honestly idk if this fits in this category... but i went to disney last week and i always wear some type of universal shirt just to show who rules :D but anyways i was wearing my bill and ted shirt and at least 10 disney people, that stand to make sure youre in-line, go I love your shirt! haha Im going again tomorrow wearing my bill and ted shirt and i want to see how much compliment on it again :D

Last year I had no problem getting a photo with the actors who played Bill and Ted. On opening night this year I had no problem. However, it seems that since opening weekend it has been impossible. On one night I tried right after a show that was midway through the night, and I can totally understand that they have to prepare for the next one. Another time, I waited outside after the last show and the security guard kicked me out. Does anybody know when the actors make an appearance; lately it has been hit or miss.

wow, damn it, I Was hoping to get a pic with them for the accolade, this sucks, i really really do Not want to do this show more than once, :mellow:

• Mark M. changed the title to Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure