Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

JackLover

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sounds like a really weak storyline

It's very old school B&T. The "storyline" is basically an excuse to pull out random pop culture skits, and there's even a joke at the end about how they're about to dance for no reason. I'll take clever skits--and I'll defend at least three or four as very clever--over a more coherent plot any year. The show is best when it embraces its cheesiness.

that sounds like a really weak storyline

The villian wasn't the central plot and he wasn't used very much but i believed some of the jokes hits more misses.

By the way to everyone who's going to the last two AP "event/party" don't take up on the offer of doing their "promise" of getting into B&T first, don't do it because i was waiting 40 minutes outside (while saws and steam was nearly empty) and still the park opened up as usual and got to wait less than us and had the same type of rows in the back as the express holders got dibs (which i am one and i asked if i could use it now and the horrible staffer said don't worry the AP holders go first) and the funny thing is that i sat in the same row or higher than the first time and i got in less than 10 minutes to showtime. For future references do all the houses and just go to B&T later (no matter what time it is) on when you want rest from the running and screaming.

I love how the actors and actresses can do improv at any given time. On the Saturday night 8:45 showing when Conan O'Brian the Barbarian was coming down the stairs he said "she just took a picture of me. Security. Oh never mind she deleted it. Don't do that again." He then continued to stick with his script. I thought that was hilarious.

So...

I'm more or less in love with the show this year. I like the length, I like the references, and I think the cast is doing a phenomenal job. It's just random enough for me, and I'm in love with the Oklahoma reference.

And before we all go bashing me because "how dare you enjoy this travesty of a show" and blah blah blah, remember: comedy is 100% subjective, so go suck it I'll respect your opinion if you do the same for mine.

I will say that the opening dance number isn't as involved as it usually is, but the finale is fantastic enough for me to forgive and forget about it.

Kudos to Patrick on a great first show!

So...

I'm more or less in love with the show this year. I like the length, I like the references, and I think the cast is doing a phenomenal job. It's just random enough for me, and I'm in love with the Oklahoma reference.

And before we all go bashing me because "how dare you enjoy this travesty of a show" and blah blah blah, remember: comedy is 100% subjective, so go suck it I'll respect your opinion if you do the same for mine.

I will say that the opening dance number isn't as involved as it usually is, but the finale is fantastic enough for me to forgive and forget about it.

Kudos to Patrick on a great first show!

This pretty much sums up my whole feeling about the show this year. Really liked it this year, and gave me some really great laughs.

I am still iffy on whether or not I enjoyed this year's show. I understood most of the parodied characters, but some of the jokes seemed dry to me and I didn't laugh nearly as much as I had anticipated on doing. Maybe I will give the show another chance, but so far it hasn't WOWed me. It's good, but could be better.

I love how the actors and actresses can do improv at any given time. On the Saturday night 8:45 showing when Conan O'Brian the Barbarian was coming down the stairs he said "she just took a picture of me. Security. Oh never mind she deleted it. Don't do that again." He then continued to stick with his script. I thought that was hilarious.

I was there too! I think that was about the only time I laughed during the show though.

I am really sorry to say that this show was probably the worst show in my 7 years of attending HHN. Even my husband said that it was disappointing (this is rare). The jokes were dry and the story line was weak. I thought some of the characters were too obscure too. The advertisements were the funniest thing about the show. Also I did really like the joke about the crying Red Sox nation.

I really feel that this year's BnT was a let down. Thankfully the rest of the park made up for the show.

You know that movie you really want to see and you get yourself so psyched up to see it? Then you go see the movie and the whole time you are watching it, you just wonder in the back of your head what were you thinking. This is how I feel about this yeard Bill and Ted.

Trust me, I WANTED to like it, I really did, but I don't know if the generation gap, I'm 43, has finally hit me, or it just wasn't funny. The characters, with the exception of Charlie Sheen, were so random to me. There were so many jokes that only got the "pity" laugh from the entire crowd, so it wasn't just me. I knew I was in trouble when I heard someone behind me that was at the EP say that he was giving the show one more chance because it sucked so bad and he figured they had to have fixed it. I don't think they did.

Here's a few thoughts that struck me:

#1. Kirstie Alley is not huge anymore! Didn't anyone notice this before they shot the video and put her in the running fat joke of the whole show?

#2. We are at HHN folks and the opening with the King's Speech guy was horrible. I just don't think the HHN crowd is going to have the King's Speech Blu Ray in their collection. Myself included. I had to explain the joke to the people I was with because NONE of us saw that movie.

#3. See number 2 for True Grit also. This was probably one of the most painful jokes that they stuck with. For me, I felt uncomfortable for the actors doing it because it was just dull and NOT FUNNY.

#4. The True Blood vs. Twilight was just about the most clever thing they did.

#5. There were way to many failed jokes in the show that I saw. If they wanted more laughes, they should have handed out free booze during the show because it would take complete inebriation to make that show funny this year.

I love the concept of Bill and Ted, and I guess one of the problems is that I got to see the HHN 16 show. The shows have just gotten progressively worse and worse each year since. I'm really scared that if this trend continues, I can't fathom how bad next years show is going to be. At least last year had that ONE great moment with The Count, this year, however, showed that THIS YEAR the show was really brought to you by the letters F and U!!!!

I liked it but I didn't love it. I've seen my fair share of Bill and Ted shows and this one ranks about in the middle. I loved the Honey Badger part.

We'll see it for the first time tomorrow night...if nothing else, I'm hoping they do the Honey Badger justice.

It's very old school B&T. The "storyline" is basically an excuse to pull out random pop culture skits, and there's even a joke at the end about how they're about to dance for no reason. I'll take clever skits--and I'll defend at least three or four as very clever--over a more coherent plot any year. The show is best when it embraces its cheesiness.

The "here's the part of the show where we dance for no reason" was used back in 2006....to date, my favorite B&T show by far. If the rest of this year show is as old school as that year was, then it should prove to be a good one.

Personally for me, this show has gone downhill majorly since 2006. I'm hopeful that this year will bring back the nostalgia from that one.

I hope that any first timers reading the thread realize that the only reason some of us may say that B&T isn't the best is because we have something to compare it to. When I watch the show, I go in with a clean slate. I force the old shows completely out of my head. Last year I didn't like the show very much at first, but it grew on me, and I ended up loving it. This year I went in loving it. It's certainly not the best its' ever been, but it's better than last year, and in my opinion is hilarious.

Long story short: if you want to enjoy the show, do not go in with any expectations. It's very very subjective, and on top of that, the quality changes with each different show and audience. Definitely see it a second time if you didn't like it the first time, you might be pleasantly surprised. If not...then well, that's fine too. Not everybody is going to like it. Just like your favorite house might be somebody else's most hated, and vice versa.

I saw it again last night for the 10:15 show and enjoyed it a lot more. The comedic timing was much better, there were some new throw away jokes, and maybe I was just in a better mood, who knows. The show isn't as good as 08 or 09 IMO but it's still very funny and worth a watch.

Not sure if you guys heard it yet, but there is a line I heard from

Conan

where he says to someone in the audience, "Oh, are you one of those Horror Night Junkies? Someone who goes home and blogs or posts on forums about how the show isn't as good as last year's? Well, I wasn't in last year's show!"

I thoroughly enjoyed that line.

Edited by Universal Freak

Not sure if you guys heard it yet, but there is a line I heard from

Conan

where he says to someone in the audience, "Oh, are you one of those Horror Night Junkies? Someone who goes home and blogs or posts on forums about how the show isn't as good as last year's? Well, I wasn't in last year's show!"

I thoroughly enjoyed that line.

The line has been in the show from opening show.

2 crappy years in a row...What happened to this show it used to be a must see now it is Must leave. I watched numerous people get up and leave during the show. I heard boos I mean I thought last year was bad. If Universal is more worried about Political Correctness then putting on a good show it is time to stop doing this show. Please Bring back Mr. Burns instead of a rip off character from the Jetsons and Flintstones. And really what was the point of OSama Bin Laden was that supposed to be Funny? Why not just Bring out a Nancy Grace and have her chase Casey Anthony. I had 5 people with me 2 of them left half way through and we left when the songs started at the end. You had huge summer movies but since Transformers, Harry Potter, Fast Five, Thor and Captain America are all tied up they stayed away Sad to see what this show has become.

I'm afraid you'll have to count me as someone who was also very disappointed in this show. It seemed like it has turned into a burlesque instead of inspired comedy. Everytime the writers couldn't think of a joke, they had the women dancers lose their shirts and flash their bras, or have the characters make crude sex jokes that were already no longer funny when I was in 6th grade. I applaud the actors, but the material they had to work with was awful. I think I'm swearing off B&T until the clever lampooning of old returns.

• Mark M. changed the title to Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure