Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

JackLover

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone that went to the EP at Orlando would like to reveal some light spoilers, it'd be much appreciated. Don't spoil the whole story, but I"d like to know what movies they parody so if I haven't seen them this year I can check them out.

Movies?

Captain America, Sucker Punch, Green Hornet, Twilight ("3 years in a row?"), Smurfs, King's Speech (could potentially get cut), Black Swan, Hangover.

Honestly, I wouldn't say you need to see most of the films. Other than King's Speech and Hangover, they tell you exactly what movie they're from.

There's a fairly heavy reliance on real people as opposed to characters this year, supposedly at the behest of Legal. There is a running Osama Bin Laden gag--I won't spoil the crowd-pleaser ending but it worked for me, at least the first time--and two at times rumored GOP Presidential candidates appear, along with a newsworthy Democrat (how's that for cryptic?). A Warlock Assassin puts in an appearance, as well, along with three pop divas, two of whom are new to the show.

Also, two viral internet videos are featured prominently. I think most everyone expected the show to get down with the first, but the second, it just doesn't give a ****.

We skipped this one last night and are planning on hitting it on October 2nd. Sounds like it might actually have potential to be a good show.

And I'm glad to hear that they are using the viral video which "just doesn't give a shit"...because that is some funny shit. ;)

Movies?

Captain America, Sucker Punch, Green Hornet, Twilight ("3 years in a row?"), Smurfs, King's Speech (could potentially get cut), Black Swan, Hangover.

Honestly, I wouldn't say you need to see most of the films. Other than King's Speech and Hangover, they tell you exactly what movie they're from.

Well last year they parodied Kick Ass, which I'd never seen before...when I watched it, it turned out to be my favorite movie of the year (and still current favorite). I'm hoping maybe they can do that for me again. Looks like I've seen everything there but King's Speech and Twilight though....well, at least I'll get the jokes! Lol. Can't wait to see the show...guess I'll stop reading the thread at this point to avoid anything that'll spoil more than what I wanted spoiled.

In case you're curious on what happened to the "first" show tonight, about 1 minute after they let everyone in the stadium rain started to pour. 15 minutes later when the show was supposed to start they said the show would be delayed by 5 minutes. 6 minutes later they canceled the show. From what I could tell, this was due to water getting onto the stage and making it slippery. Further, they seemed to look very closely at a pyrotechnic .

The 2nd show filled up and went on schedule. I'd give the show I saw a few hours ago a 6.

I was at the last show tonight. Freaking. Amazing.

Necessary viral video:

I was having a bad night tonight due to some jerkoff guests and the rain, but Bill and Ted made the night for me. I went in with a bad mood and with bad expectations..the ops mistakenly let me in after the stadium was full, and I ended up getting VIP seating! Front row :D. It was so amazing. The show is back to its roots this year....

the Bin Laden gag was phenomenal, and seeing Bush&Obama work together was awesome. I haven't had the show make me laugh this hard in a long time. The villain was hilarious, the female smurf was awesomely hot, oh man.

I'm watching this again for sure. My memory is really crappy so I know that I'll have to watch this several times to make it stick!

I missed the pre-show video, so I have a very valid excuse to watch again either way lol.

Quick question: are they still as strict on recording the show this year? Also, what do they think of audio recording? If I can't have a video of the show, which is a damn shame, then I'd at least like an audio recording of it so I can listen to it in the future and remember it.

Quick question: are they still as strict on recording the show this year? Also, what do they think of audio recording? If I can't have a video of the show, which is a damn shame, then I'd at least like an audio recording of it so I can listen to it in the future and remember it.

Since they dont let you record they need to film it themselves then sell it. People want to remember the shows and relive it after its gone.

Ugh... I'm glad other people are enjoying it, but I found this show to be a bore. The villain/plot were dumber than usual and the sketches (with one or two exceptions, thanks papa and laden) just weren't that funny. Their warlock assassin, though, is spot on, and criminally under-used.

• Mark M. changed the title to Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure