First Visit to HHN, Do YOU remember?

My first year was 2007 and it was so totally awesome. I had heard of the event before since its origins way back in 1991 as Fright Nights and had always wanted to attend but was never able to for one reason or another and finally in 2007 the stars aligned and I was able to go. My first house was Friday the 13th:Camp Blood and there was no one else in there so we got swarmed by the Jason's was way cool. :jason:

2002 was my first year, I was 12. I remember the entrance to IOA being incredible with the fog and lights and stiltwalkers etc. etc. The only house I did that year was Evilution and it was awesome. Other than that the only thing I remember is Treaks and Foons in Toon Lagoon and slipping on foam a few times lol

2001 was my first year. I remember going to the park for the day with my parents and little sister and seeing the advertisements for HHN in the park then begging my parents to go. So eventually they agreed and upgraded our tickets for that night. Night came and we walked up to our very first house, Scary Tales. My sister and I HATED IT and about 30sec in we're screaming and crying begging to leave. After about an hour we got the courage to try another house so we did Superstions and once again we freaked and wanted to go home. By now our parents were furious so we headed for the exit but on the way they decided to do one more house. Needless to say my sister and I wanted nothing to do with it so they sat us by the window in Louie's and went and did the Mummy Returns. As we were sitting there recovering, I kid you not, DAMN JACK COMES UP TO THE WINDOW AND WAVES AT US BEFORE BANGING ON THE window. That was the straw that broke the camels back and we lost our $hit! After that it took 4 years to recover before we returned. The rest as then say is history.

First year was 2002 , when I was twelve and I remember going in the park and not thinking it was too bad. Then we went into maximum carnage and after that house and the chainsaws popping out at the end I was scared for my life. I remember running into the eyeglass shop in marvel island away from a chainsaw. Then I remember going into the fear factor house(which even then sucked), then the raptors in the bushes scared me half to death and I remember not wanting to move in island of evil souls and I just wanted to go home. Then on the way out we went into scream house. I have never been so scared to this day at the event as I was then. I miss it at IOA...

• 3 weeks later...

16 was my first year going at 8 year old. I remember PUtS:UC was my first house. I dont remember much except for running and grabing onto a teenage girl and she turned around and slaped my uncle in the face because I just happened to grab her on her rearend. I was not trying to I ran forward with my eyes closed and finding a human that wasnt trying to scare the living crap out of me. Then I remember my uncle getting drunk right off the entrance to PUtS ( I think ouside MiB?) and then I needed to watch B&T. Then we hit Dungen of Terror (That was in jaws right?) then lines got long so we went backto the hotel. Now that I think of it We went on a night were it stormed and there was a tornado somewhere north west of Ocala. It didnt rain but it had awesome stormclounds and lighning that intensified the event very nicely.

• 10 months later...

Hi, long time, no post! Sorry!

My first time was 2007. I remember I first went into 'Vampyr: Blood Bath,' while it was still sunny out. I didn't like that House very much, it was definitely my least favorite of the Houses that year. It wasn't very scary, and it was made even less so by the obnoxious younger guys who went in right behind me.

Then, I hung out for a while, and went to where I heard the Opening show would be. Although I started to get impatient at how late it was to start, it ultimately proved to be very much worth it, as it was an awesome opening show that I'm glad I attended! Then, I hung around a little more, I think I went on a ride, before coming back to the same area to attend the Jack's Carnival of Carnage show. I loved it, it was gruesome and funny. After that, I went to 'The Thing' House. That was very scary and well- designed, and I liked that it showed what happened to the survivors of the first film, that was a nice touch.

After that, I went home, and the rest was history.

I can just barely remember it haha I was in high school (Reflections of Fear) and went with a friend and her boyfriend (yay for being the third wheel!). They were both late to the park and I wasn't allowed to go in by myself. So I waited and waited and watched hordes of decked out attendees walk into the event. I was beyond pissed considering it was my first time and the only night I'd be going that year. We were wasting valuable time!

I barely remember the houses but I do remember loving Scary Tales because of the Alice scene specifically. I also remember being so overwhelmed (in a good way) and almost bruising my friend from holding onto her so tight.

I also made a note to myself: It is HOT as Hades at the event. Don't wear jeans ever again. But sneakers are a must.

I remember learning about the event in 2004 and looking at the website and being scared out of my mind. To this day, the website still creeps me out a bit :P two years later my parents asked me if I wanted to go to the sweet 16... I was 11 years old and checked out the website, still creeped out lol. I left it up to my parents whether or not they wanted to get me a ticket, thinking they weren't. I come home from school and they surprise me with one..... the date being Friday the 13th!! I maned up however and went with my parents, hoping we would avoid the physcoscarepy house BC on the website, it looked the scariest. With my luck, its the first house my dad sees and he wants to go in... first house ever = physcoscarepy: maximum madness... I was scared out of my mind but I fell in love with the event. We went through all the scare zones along with all night die in take 2, scream house ressurection, and run hostile territory. Have not missed a year since and have never missed a house since. I still regret not seeing the last three house :/ but the addiction had begun that fateful night , October, Friday the 13th, 2006 <3

Did a last minute trip with some work friends while living in Vero Beach. It was 2006. Got HOOKED! Only went one night that year. Didnt make it back til HHN19 when we moved back to IL and could make enough money to go. Been going every year since.

Booking a condo soon as we are bringing down our 5 month old daughter. We will be HHNing and my parents are coming up from Vero and will be baby sitting! Aint no kid gonna ruin my HHN! LOL!

Also any suggestions on a 2 bedroom condo rental for 5 nights (Oct 2-6) would be appreciated... only finding dirty ones at the moment!!!!

I had a nice big story typed out about my first visit. I opened a new tab so I could check spelling on something, and of course I didn't copy what I had typed out. I clicked back over to HNN only to see the site reload and eliminate my text . . . thanks, iPad!

I was there opening weekend in '91 for Fright Nights. Decided to start the night by riding Back to the Future which turned out to be huge mistake. Dungeon of Terror was like a 2 - 3 hour wait all night, the only haunted house that year. I still had a good time though and have been nearly every year ever since. I even worked security for HHN XIII at ship of screams and psycho scareapy.

Ahhh...ny first HHN! I remember sitting at work one day and thinking to myself..."im getting older (23) and it was time to really start enjoying myself. I had watch the travel channel specials and been to universal several times but I wanted something different! So I planned a trip down for HHN, my first ever! I got there...and I was amazed! I still remember my first maze, horror in wax, I vividly remember it, and it was far better than anything at scarowinds I had experience. My second was Horror night nightmares (hey is that the icon of this site??? lol). The scarezones, everything just blew me away! I have been hooked ever since and will always be faithful to the event!

• 3 months later...

First time I ever went to HHN was in 1998 (Primal Scream). Had just turned 11 at the time. Begged my parents to take me, and after a long complicated talk, they let me go. My father went with me, since my mother can't stand that sort of stuff. Was I scared? Heck yeah! But it was one of the funnest times I've ever had being scared. I recall both S.S. Frightanic and Museum of Horrors quite fondly, as well as Hell's High. After getting home, I knew HHN would be something I would do every year from there on. And so here I am now.

• 5 weeks later...

My first year was last year (2012) and I decided to go for the fun of it. The first house I did was house of horrors, and all I remember is shoving my face into my hands and running. After that we did alice Cooper and I was much more calm, and I eventually did all the houses, as well as penn and teller twice (we met penn and teller the second time). I now go every year and still get freaked out in the first house. :)

It was 1996, I was 10 years old and was going on vacation in Florida in October. My family would always go to Universal but we decided to do this "halloween event". I was more excited to see the new Terminator 2 3D show and got on all the great rides without any wait. As for HHN, the biggest memory was my mom being COMPLETELY hypnotized at the Animal Actors theater. I remember only a few other things: chainsaws at the front gate, a toy maze, Will Smith doing the Fresh Prince rap while dragging the alien from ID4 at the Bill & Ted show.

The next time I went was 2007 when I was able to really appreciate it and have only missed one event, 2009 :(, since then.