The Hoodie Brigade

I h

So I have a question, one of the main reasons I keep hearing for no HHN hoodies is the heat and the weather. Is the weather in Tampa that much different then Orlando? -_-

Its even hotter down here in ft lauderdale but still MANY people always wear jackets. Like to me i love my jackets. i wear jackets in like 100 degree weather. Also you can always use it if your cold in your house.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to mention these in my wish list - a nice, super-nice coffee table book with lots of concept art, blueprints, and high-res photography, and/or a new documentary. I hate having to show the 2002 doc to the uninformed - it makes the event look a little lame at this point (I feel Screamhouse is really the only house that holds up to today's standards.)

I live up in NY and wear hoodies all the time...but I would NEVER think of buying one while in Florida. Plus, I wouldn't have room in my suitcase coming home...it would take up too much space.

So while I feel for the people calling for Hoodies every year...I can completely see why they don't offer them.

That's the mean reason why I think we have not seen hoodies offered in the park. It's typically hot during the entire run of the event. No one is thinking "Man, I'm sweating my ass off, what I need right about now is a toasty fleece lined hoodie."

Lol, speak for yourself. Theres some days in Dec and Jan that the wind is so cold that I can't feel my own nose. It might just be me, but I'd be rocking that HHN hoodie well through the Christmas season.

Yes, there are definitely some days here where a hoodie could be put to good use. Working the Macy's parade last year, I remember quite a few days where I had tights on, jeans, two t-shirts, a sweater and a hoodie, my balloon handling jumpsuit and the wind was STILL going right through it all.

We've wanted that for YEARS. We talked about this in the 2007 or 2008 merch thread and a lot of the fans we're in support of it. I think if they wanted to handle that with finesse it would be smart to put it up on the website that they were doing it. Get people to pre-order and then ship them to their houses. Honestly I don't think anyone from the public would buy that but us fans would LOVE it.

All things considered, if they focused on a website that offered more unique items like a coffee table book of sorts, I think they could make a ton of cash. Add things in like the aforementioned hoodie, small statue replicas of the various icons, artwork such as posters, conception art pieces, etc., jackets, watches, etc. Base the website around items that only the fans would really purchase, make it available year round even. I could see it focusing on collectibles but also offering the merchandise that can be found in the park as well.

Oh, and Jake...the site would have to carry flip flops and beer. Just sayin'.... B)

That's the mean reason why I think we have not seen hoodies offered in the park. It's typically hot during the entire run of the event. No one is thinking "Man, I'm sweating my ass off, what I need right about now is a toasty fleece lined hoodie."

Yeah. I'm pretty much the demographic that a Hoodie would be marketed towards and ANYTHING I see warm down there, when I'm sweating my ass off in looooooong lines for each house, is NOT something I want to even consider. "Why the hell do they have a Cinnebons serving coffee in the park!?!?!?" I always thought, "all these fans want hooded sweatshirts, I wonder why they don't carry them?" until I was down there and saw an awesome one at Hard Rock last year and though, "This is really nice, I'd love to have this...but it's too damn hot....and my suitcase was full on the flight down here, with the T-Shirt and glasses I already got I don't room in my suitcase" and a light bulb went off over my head and I thought, "Ohhhhhh, I get it. That's why they don't make hoodies."

And like someone else said, I get it that it gets cold down there a few times a year (I have to see the poor oranges getting frost on them on my local news telling me my OJ prices are going to go up - ha ha ha) but it also get's to 100 up here a few times a year and I don't expect you to feel bad for me when it's 90-degrees for 100 straight days down there :)

If it was to do with the weather why do they make hoodies in the other universal stores ie spiderman and universal studios ones?????

I go to concerts etc and have bought t-shirts and hoodies in the past and just kept them in the bag didnt feel the need to have to wear it there and then , I just think they dont really want to change and just keep it simple with a few t-shirts, pins and cups .

If the heat is the main reason why there are no HHN hoodies, then there definitely shouldn't be any at HOS...Tampa is just as hot as Orlando. Unless they use that "but we get a sea breeze" excuse, so it's cooler. I'd have to say that the weather excuse doesn't cut it. I just don't think that the powers that be at HHN think they would sell. And considering most years it's hot as hell for the entire run, something tells me they are probably right. The last thing I'd do as I'm sweating my butt of is think "Hey, a hoodie...that's what I need!" ;)

Lol, speak for yourself. Theres some days in Dec and Jan that the wind is so cold that I can't feel my own nose. It might just be me, but I'd be rocking that HHN hoodie well through the Christmas season.

I Agree with what HUSH is saying, but I do remember last year event it was colder then other years i think the only warm, sweaty weekend was opening weekend but the other weekend were colder then normal but like KING_K said it gets really cold here in December and Jan and I wouldn't mind having a Hoodie of HHN to put on

If it was to do with the weather why do they make hoodies in the other universal stores ie spiderman and universal studios ones?????

That is probably because the Spiderman and generic Universal sweatshirts can be sold year after year, they are not event specific. If they have 100+ left over after winter, they just save them for the next winter. Produce a ton of HHN sweatshirts and they don't sell at that year's event, you can't put them out again for the next year! ;)

I Agree with what HUSH is saying, but I do remember last year event it was colder then other years i think the only warm, sweaty weekend was opening weekend but the other weekend were colder then normal but like KING_K said it gets really cold here in December and Jan and I wouldn't mind having a Hoodie of HHN to put on

Wait...it was cold at HHN last year? THAT I don't remember at all! LOL

Yeah, I don't remember it being that cold last year either, and that is coming from someone who gets cold when it's below 80, and only wore a light, long-sleeved blouse and loose skirt. Granted, 09 was much hotter overall, but we did have one really cold weekend that year. Last year the temperature was more moderate throughout the entire event.

I still think hoodies would sell, and I just don't know what we need to do to get it through Universal's head that they need to increase merchandise offerings.

That is probably because the Spiderman and generic Universal sweatshirts can be sold year after year, they are not event specific. If they have 100+ left over after winter, they just save them for the next winter. Produce a ton of HHN sweatshirts and they don't sell at that year's event, you can't put them out again for the next year! ;)

Unless they were just a generic HHN logo. Then they could just keep them for next year. Kinda like the Bill and Ted shirts from a few years ago.

And last year it was colder then usual. Not freezing your ass off cold but just chilly.

Unless they were just a generic HHN logo. Then they could just keep them for next year. Kinda like the Bill and Ted shirts from a few years ago.

And last year it was colder then usual. Not freezing your ass off cold but just chilly.

A generic logo would be the smartest move overall. It would satisfy the fan desire for the hoodie and ensure that if they can't all be sold, they can be stored and sold again the following year. But we both know if they did that, people would then bitch that the hoodie (despite the fact that one was being sold) wasn't theme specific. ;) (Cause people have to bitch about something...always...LOL)

I'm still not remembering these "chilly" nights from last year...maybe those were the nights that I had one too many drinks and it felt warm regardless.

I'm still not remembering these "chilly" nights from last year...maybe those were the nights that I had one too many drinks and it felt warm regardless.

Guiness does a body good.

As for the hoodies, I wouldn't mind a limited run on event specific hoodie ALONG with a generic "HHN" hoodie.

LMAO HUSH but like GAMBIT said it wasn't like super cold like just slightly cooler then other years but for me anything below 65 degrees is cold for me lol

Guiness does a body good.

Yes, and I've learned it can keep you warm if necessary. :)

LMAO HUSH but like GAMBIT said it wasn't like super cold like just slightly cooler then other years but for me anything below 65 degrees is cold for me lol

Again, I don't even recall any slightly cooler nights...LOL We did't go remotely as many nights last year as we have previous years so it could have very well been one of the nights we stayed home. Because being a native Floridian if it was even "slightly" cooler than normal, I'd remember that!

now i know its just a new teen thing, but now EVERYONE whether its 100 degrees or like 70 degrees guys and girls wear hoodies to school. I personally wear hoodies half my school year.

Just today we saw a kid walking down the sidewalk by our house with a black hoodie on and black jeans. The themometer on my back porch said 91. :blink: Who the hell wears a hoodie and jeans, let alone both BLACK, in 91 degree weather?

Just today we saw a kid walking down the sidewalk by our house with a black hoodie on and black jeans. The themometer on my back porch said 91. :blink: Who the hell wears a hoodie and jeans, let alone both BLACK, in 91 degree weather?

The exact person you described is who wears hoodies and jeans in 91degree weather. My girlfriend's 15 year old sun wears jeans every day of the year and is known to also have on a hoodie along with the earphones connected to his iPod. I think it is a teenager thing.

OK kids, I think I've mentioned this in years past, going back to the Vault days, and I'll mention it again. Now is obviously not the time to ask for special HHN merchandise, because they obviously need to have all that stuff set to manufacture and ship at least a couple of months before the event starts. What we need to do, once HHN is over, is start a massive email/letter writing campaign stating exactly what we want and why. Who knows what they'll have this year, but as of last night, no merch was out in the parks yet. If we get hoodies, we need to make damn sure we buy them, and if there aren't hoodies, that's when we start emailing saying what we want. If the other merchandise selection isn't up to par, let them know.

A generic hoodie may sell better than a year-specific one, but who knows. I can see it kind of being like he B&T shirts-the only difference between 09 and 10 was the addition of a quote at the bottom of the shirt.

The flip-flops and towels make me laugh, because you know what, when you're at the beach, the first thing that comes to mind is HHN.

The flip-flops and towels make me laugh, because you know what, when you're at the beach, the first thing that comes to mind is HHN.

I would get more use out of flip flops and a beach towel than I ever would a hoodie.

I stand by Horror Nights Brew, and it being a Pumpkin Ale.

If they let an independent local brewer have a shot at it, then it would be worth it. (Like Orlando Brewing Company...) Make a very limited batch and see what happens.

My sister, Fangs729, EVERYDAY. She wears a hoodie, jeans, and flip flops. I always make fun of her for it..but that is what she wears..and some days she has the hood up. Then complains it is hot o.O I don't understand the teenage brain. Although.... when I was a teen.. (le sigh) I wore flip flops, shorts, and a neon Orange over-sized hoodie.

My sister, Fangs729, EVERYDAY. She wears a hoodie, jeans, and flip flops. I always make fun of her for it..but that is what she wears..and some days she has the hood up. Then complains it is hot o.O I don't understand the teenage brain. Although.... when I was a teen.. (le sigh) I wore flip flops, shorts, and a neon Orange over-sized hoodie.

It must be a newer teenage fad...because I don't remember in my teenage years (i.e. the stone age) kids dressing like that, especially here in Florida! It was too damn hot to wear anything but shorts, t-shirts and flip flops. We had that random cold day in January, but to wear a hoodie in the middle of the summer..oh hell no, I'd pass out from heat exhaustion...LOL

It must be a newer teenage fad...because I don't remember in my teenage years (i.e. the stone age) kids dressing like that, especially here in Florida! It was too damn hot to wear anything but shorts, t-shirts and flip flops. We had that random cold day in January, but to wear a hoodie in the middle of the summer..oh hell no, I'd pass out from heat exhaustion...LOL

I hate the heat, I'm very much a cold person, yet I really love wearing hoodies. Not around the house or outside, but if I'm going out to some place I will usually wear a hoodie if it's nighttime.

If there was a HHN hoodie I would wear it a lot more often than I would wear a single shirt.