Nightingales: Blood Prey (PTSD Discussion ONLY)

JDW

This brings up question in regard to war veterans and PTSD. It wont phase me as I've never been in a war, but will this be a house to avoid for those who have seen bad combat? Will it increase SA injuries?

Granted not too many people have experienced WWI :P but gun fire and bombs sound similar from most eras.

I really am pumped about the sets. I like period and historic sets. throw a new monster in the mix I'm all in.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This brings up question in regard to war veterans and PTSD. It wont phase me as I've never been in a war, but will this be a house to avoid for those who have seen bad combat? Will it increase SA injuries?

Granted not too many people have experienced WWI :P but gun faire and bombs sound similar from most eras.

Legacy (I think) said the same thing on Rumors quite a few times, he must be close to some people with Shell Shock (PTSD sounds too glossed over, shell shock better encapsulates the traumatic effects in my book so I continue to use it)

A couple years ago they had the Zombie Nazi zone and I don't think anybody had a problem with it. Havoc had lots of gunfire. So I don't think anybody walking around the park should be affected and I think most vets know their situation well enough to know if it's something they want to go into. The house itself could be too much, sensory overload that they can't escape...but the super natural aspect added and the fact that they know what's coming when they go into the house (not a surprise like a car backfiring in the middle of a quiet street) I would hope it's nothing that would cause problems for Vets.

Of course, I have no military experience...but know that all the Vets I know, and a TON of the Vets I "meet" online, play Call of Duty religiously. Including one who lost friends and was injured by an IED. Call of Duty is a stress release for him...and as messed up as it sounds, I think it helps him adjust and deal with his past.

Legacy (I think) said the same thing on Rumors quite a few times, he must be close to some people with Shell Shock (PTSD sounds too glossed over, shell shock better encapsulates the traumatic effects in my book so I continue to use it)

A couple years ago they had the Zombie Nazi zone and I don't think anybody had a problem with it. Havoc had lots of gunfire. So I don't think anybody walking around the park should be affected and I think most vets know their situation well enough to know if it's something they want to go into. The house itself could be too much, sensory overload that they can't escape...but the super natural aspect added and the fact that they know what's coming when they go into the house (not a surprise like a car backfiring in the middle of a quiet street) I would hope it's nothing that would cause problems for Vets.

Of course, I have no military experience...but know that all the Vets I know, and a TON of the Vets I "meet" online, play Call of Duty religiously. Including one who lost friends and was injured by an IED. Call of Duty is a stress release for him...and as messed up as it sounds, I think it helps him adjust and deal with his past.

Legacy is in the military. So even though he hasn't seen combat, he has been trained to react in a certain way to combat situations. He's nervous about this house not only for veterans, but for active duty military as well.

Legacy is in the military. So even though he hasn't seen combat, he has been trained to react in a certain way to combat situations. He's nervous about this house not only for veterans, but for active duty military as well.

One of my best friends had a serious case of PTSD and told me flat out if this is a house in which your in the trenches with gunfire it wouldn't be good for him to go into. He said even though in his mind he would know it's not real, any little thing could set him off. It could be a smell or just a visual of someone with a gun coming towards him. So I think some military men/women may have a problem going through the house.

I think veterans and active military personnel just have to realize what they can handle when it comes to that stress level not just in a war themed house but any Halloween or high startle event. My brother was deployed twice in Iraq and Afghanistan he was diagnosed with PTSD and Halloween Horror Nights just isn't something he'd want to go to anymore. Veterans and people with PTSD aren't going to be forced to go into the house if they don't want to.

One of my best friends had a serious case of PTSD and told me flat out if this is a house in which your in the trenches with gunfire it wouldn't be good for him to go into. He said even though in his mind he would know it's not real, any little thing could set him off. It could be a smell or just a visual of someone with a gun coming towards him. So I think some military men/women may have a problem going through the house.

Yep, exactly. Legacy has plans to scope out the house during the Employee Preview night to let other military/veterans know if they should enter or not. This one might be a little too realistic for anyone who has had that type of training.

I think veterans and active military personnel just have to realize what they can handle when it comes to that stress level not just in a war themed house but any Halloween or high startle event. My brother was deployed twice in Iraq and Afghanistan he was diagnosed with PTSD and Halloween Horror Nights just isn't something he'd want to go to anymore. Veterans and people with PTSD aren't going to be forced to go into the house if they don't want to.

I know, I hope that doesn't sound mean but what you said "Veterans and people with PTSD aren't going to be forced to go into the house if they don't want to" is true

I think Uni could make it very clear before going in the house, doing something, Posting Signs saying that if someone has Shell Shock to NOT go into the house,

I can totally understand the problem, it could be horrible for them, it could create an accident, but at the same time I really don't want Uni to either have to change the house or get sued because someone couldn't handle it, it would suck if they tone the house down or something, I think there should be warning signs before even entering the queue line, explaining the situation,

I mean i see both sides, I See this could be a problem for vets, but I also see that the house could be changed or something could happen, i don't know...

I know, I hope that doesn't sound mean but what you said "Veterans and people with PTSD aren't going to be forced to go into the house if they don't want to" is true

I think Uni could make it very clear before going in the house, doing something, Posting Signs saying that if someone has Shell Shock to NOT go into the house,

I can totally understand the problem, it could be horrible for them, it could create an accident, but at the same time I really don't want Uni to either have to change the house or get sued because someone couldn't handle it, it would suck if they tone the house down or something, I think there should be warning signs before even entering the queue line, explaining the situation,

I mean i see both sides, I See this could be a problem for vets, but I also see that the house could be changed or something could happen, i don't know...

I'm glad you knew what I was saying. I was pretty worried people were going to jump on me and say I was being against the troops or something. I was honestly just stating a fact. Half of my family were in the military and I have tons of respect for anyone that serves are country, but I honestly hope that people can use some common sense before going into the house.

I am coming from Kuwait for the event and I have been to Afgan and Iraq. Last year the gun outside of Havoc amde me jump but I was at a distance. Most of us that have been to "the sandbox" know what we can deal with but we don't know any details about the effects they are using. Part of it is using our better judgement and I am assuming that Uni will use good taste in this case.

There should be plenty of exits in case anyone with issues needs to exit.

I think that the loud noises and whatnot won't be any different than what we experienced in Havoc, or WOTLD in '09. Not to mention, none of us alive have fought in WWI; It's a lot different than modern combat and whatnot.

I was discussing this with Legacy (my oh my, we're all talking about him in this thread) over at Rumors. It's doubtful that they're going to make it super-realistic, and if they do, it probably would be in bad taste. However, it'll be hard for them to surpass what they've already done so far in terms of explosions and gunfire. I'm sure if someone with PTSD was able to handle houses like Havoc, or the WWII themed street in 2009 then they'll be able to handle this just fine. If not, then maybe they should stay away.

That's just my opinion. It would be in bad taste if they totally alienated our men and women in uniform. However, they should be fully aware of the nature of the event ahead of time, and I don't think it's that much different than what we've seen in the past.

Quick "cool story bro" for those of you who don't mind reading:

I myself was in the USAF for a short while, but was separated due to medical issues. I don't consider myself a veteran, and I'm not saying this for "credibility" because I'll be first to say that I wasn't in nearly long enough to learn what it's really like. However, I have plenty of friends in different branches. In 2009 I went to HHN with a friend in the USMC. He's a vehicle gunner. Hasn't been deployed yet, but has been through tons of training. He flipped out in WOTLD, and put us into "escape mode" acting all serious the whole way through, dodging bullets, low crawling, crazy stuff. Afterwards he laughed and said it was tons of fun and wanted to do it again! Here I was thinking we may have hit a nerve. In Saw, he lost his marbles again in the finale room where the door behind you closes, and tons of the pig-mask people come out to surround you....he grabs my arm, and FLIES to the exit screaming "CRAMER MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE GET OUT OF HERE MOVE" and we ran out of the house at breakneck speed, and both laughed at it afterward. Finally, in the Chucky house, when we reached the "Army Man" room, he flipped out yet again when the Army Man "fired" at us. He hit the deck, and low crawled out of the room before I could even realize where he went. I tried to go down and low crawl behind him, but the USAF doesn't put as much emphasis on low crawling as the USMC does.

Of course, afterward it was a laughing matter. He said each time he wasn't just dicking around...he said it was like his training kicked in, and he really was trying to get out of the situation alive, but afterward knew it was all fun and it didn't really offend him or affect him in the least. It was a blast for both of us.

It'd be a completely different story if he had been deployed previously, I bet. But every time I think of this house, I think of how much of a blast he had, and how if it's similar to those past houses it'll be just as awesome.

I don't know how to feel about this still, Im afraid to hear on the news that someone got out of hand or got really scared or something, or someone got hurt

I really hope UNI thought of this and i hope this house has a more Supernatural feeling to it than realistic, since we are dealing with demons,

but still, I'll be worried someone flips out,

like i said before, Uni should put giant warning signs before the entrance of the queue line explaining about loud noises and stuff,

I hate to sound like a prick, but I kind of feel like everyone is making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. No one is forcing anyone into the event, nor is anyone making forcing anyone into the houses. Universal has good taste, and we've had a scare zone that had to do with war themes already. I expect everyone to know what they're getting into when they go to HHN. The park map has the houses and descriptions on the map and everyone should use it. I don't see how this is any different than Havoc or the scarezone in past years. Even The Thing: Assimilation had a very big combat feel to it.

Edited by Goo

Hi.

I feel the need to clarify some things about the militaristic concerns I, specifically (since I seem the primary voice of these concerns), am having and have had about the “war” house. I do want to iterate that I have not been deployed or seen combat, however, with nine years in the military, I feel I have had enough training, and known enough combat Veterans (I worked at Walter Reed for two years), to have an valid opinion in the matter. Be prepared, because it’s a long one.

First off, while WW1 was a very different war than the urban combat of today, the phrase, “War is War,” still applies. There are certain visual and (of higher concern) aural aspects of war that, frankly, never change and never will change. Mortars will sound like mortars. Explosions sound like explosions. Firefights sound like firefights. I know numerous individuals who can’t watch fireworks without having flashbacks. Certain movies, when portrayed accurately enough, have done the same thing. Recreating a firefight in a trench, while “cool” to most people, may be too close to an actual firefight for some people.

Second: The “Havoc/Thing/WotLD” argument. Taking one look at the concept art for Nightingales should let everyone know this is a completely different beast. This isn’t, “Super Soldiers/Alien in a bunker.” Nightingales is directly referencing, if not attempting to recreate, actual war. While everything about the Havoc/Thing aesthetic was fairly “sterile,” Nightingales is not. I don’t recall hearing explosions in Havoc, and the only “gunshots” came from the prop gun that broke mid-way through. Similarly, though I didn’t go through WotLD, the openness of a street compared to the confinement of a house creates a very different mindset. Also, houses are notoriously louder than scarezones as well. That difference in decibels can affect people.

To address the “CoD” argument, while most service members and Veterans will tell you it’s enjoyable and an escape for them, they also are playing things games while sitting in a chair or a couch looking at a tiny window to a virtual world. There is a massive disconnect between what a Veteran is doing and what is happening onscreen and it’s a poor comparison to an immersive haunted house.

Lastly, while I agree that combat Veterans should know what they can handle, PTSD/Shell Shock is a dangerously unassuming condition. A Veteran may not know he has it until he is in the wrong situation, and visual/aural recreation of war could be that wrong situation. That’s not taking into account that most guests don’t read signs (at all), and that you flat out don’t know what a haunted house will be like until you actually go through it. Even we only have a decent idea before we attend.

Really quick, let’s play hypothetical:

The sound of explosions and gunfire fill your ears as you enter a room. You feel slightly claustrophobic and on edge as you walk down the hall. Your heart is pounding and your mind is buzzing, and you know your instincts have taken over. It feels just like room-clearing training; the stuff you’ve done countless times before and during your deployment. You walk into a dark room and hear an explosion. Suddenly, a figure lunges at you from a corner. You punch forward with all your might, because that’s what your training has developed you to instinctively do, and you break their jaw.

Is it combat or a haunted house? If the house is too realistic, and a Service Member’s instincts take over, they may not be to stop. Just imagine if the figure lunging was a 19 year-old Valencia student…

This house, ever since I first heard “war house” a couple of months ago, concerns me for the above situation (plus some other reasons that I don’t know how to articulate). I would hate for a Veteran to be brought up on charges because he went through a house Universal designed, flashed back and broke a girl’s face. I would hate it for the girl. I would hate it for the Veteran, and frankly the only people to truly blame would be Universal. There are ways to effectively do it (let’s not have the explosion and gunfire effects sound like they’re right there… have this be the aftermath. And let’s not use prop guns during a firefight…), and I really hope Universal is cautious of just how many Veterans attend this event. There is potential for a disastrous situation to occur in this house, and I hope Universal knows it and is willing to accept that liability.

I know I may be completely off-base, and if I am I will gladly be the first to admit in this case.

That is all. Dismissed.

When it comes down to it, EVERY house at the event has the potential to cause or reiterate some psychological issues within certain factions of the population. Obviously this house perhaps moreso than the others.

Individuals who suffer from any type of mental issue should already be well aware of their ability to handle certain situations. Most people who suffer from PTSD have already been diagnosed and know what their limitations are when being exposed to elements and stressors that could trigger their disorder.

Appropriate signage should be placed for this house, as well as all others, stating the potential harmful effects that could transpire while walking through and thereafter.

Universal should cover their ass, but on the other hand, individuals who have PTSD should also avoid houses like this. Just like anyone who has a psychological disorder that say makes them afraid of power tools shouldn't be hitting the Saws N' Steam house. :)

There comes a time when people must take personal responsiblity for their actions and the resulting outcomes. If someone feels that they may have an episode while in a house, due to psychological issues or whatever the case may be, then they need to not go in that house.

I need to reiterate that many Veterans who may have a flashback may have not been diagnosed with PTSD and may be completely unaware of the dangers them going through the house can provoke. It's not the diagnosed ones I'm concerned about... it's the Veterans who don't think they have it.

Some comments about PTSD from PsychCentral:

"Identifying people with PTSD can be difficult and this disorder is often unrecognized."

"When a person is unable or unwilling to discuss a traumatic event, accurate diagnosis is difficult."

"Doctors and health professionals may also ignore the signs and symptoms of PTSD."

I need to reiterate that many Veterans who may have a flashback may have not been diagnosed with PTSD and may be completely unaware of the dangers them going through the house can provoke. It's not the diagnosed ones I'm concerned about... it's the Veterans who don't think they have it.

Some comments about PTSD from PsychCentral:

I understand your perspective...completely. But the question remains how do you police this particular section of individuals? It's virtually impossible to ensure that these people don't go through a house like this one. Outside of not having this type of house at all, the only thing that can really be done to ensure safety is provide warnings at the front of the line and include them on all park maps.

Hi.

I feel the need to clarify some things about the militaristic concerns I, specifically (since I seem the primary voice of these concerns), am having and have had about the “war” house. I do want to iterate that I have not been deployed or seen combat, however, with nine years in the military, I feel I have had enough training, and known enough combat Veterans (I worked at Walter Reed for two years), to have an valid opinion in the matter. Be prepared, because it’s a long one.

First off, while WW1 was a very different war than the urban combat of today, the phrase, “War is War,” still applies. There are certain visual and (of higher concern) aural aspects of war that, frankly, never change and never will change. Mortars will sound like mortars. Explosions sound like explosions. Firefights sound like firefights. I know numerous individuals who can’t watch fireworks without having flashbacks. Certain movies, when portrayed accurately enough, have done the same thing. Recreating a firefight in a trench, while “cool” to most people, may be too close to an actual firefight for some people.

Second: The “Havoc/Thing/WotLD” argument. Taking one look at the concept art for Nightingales should let everyone know this is a completely different beast. This isn’t, “Super Soldiers/Alien in a bunker.” Nightingales is directly referencing, if not attempting to recreate, actual war. While everything about the Havoc/Thing aesthetic was fairly “sterile,” Nightingales is not. I don’t recall hearing explosions in Havoc, and the only “gunshots” came from the prop gun that broke mid-way through. Similarly, though I didn’t go through WotLD, the openness of a street compared to the confinement of a house creates a very different mindset. Also, houses are notoriously louder than scarezones as well. That difference in decibels can affect people.

To address the “CoD” argument, while most service members and Veterans will tell you it’s enjoyable and an escape for them, they also are playing things games while sitting in a chair or a couch looking at a tiny window to a virtual world. There is a massive disconnect between what a Veteran is doing and what is happening onscreen and it’s a poor comparison to an immersive haunted house.

Lastly, while I agree that combat Veterans should know what they can handle, PTSD/Shell Shock is a dangerously unassuming condition. A Veteran may not know he has it until he is in the wrong situation, and visual/aural recreation of war could be that wrong situation. That’s not taking into account that most guests don’t read signs (at all), and that you flat out don’t know what a haunted house will be like until you actually go through it. Even we only have a decent idea before we attend.

Really quick, let’s play hypothetical:

The sound of explosions and gunfire fill your ears as you enter a room. You feel slightly claustrophobic and on edge as you walk down the hall. Your heart is pounding and your mind is buzzing, and you know your instincts have taken over. It feels just like room-clearing training; the stuff you’ve done countless times before and during your deployment. You walk into a dark room and hear an explosion. Suddenly, a figure lunges at you from a corner. You punch forward with all your might, because that’s what your training has developed you to instinctively do, and you break their jaw.

Is it combat or a haunted house? If the house is too realistic, and a Service Member’s instincts take over, they may not be to stop. Just imagine if the figure lunging was a 19 year-old Valencia student…

This house, ever since I first heard “war house” a couple of months ago, concerns me for the above situation (plus some other reasons that I don’t know how to articulate). I would hate for a Veteran to be brought up on charges because he went through a house Universal designed, flashed back and broke a girl’s face. I would hate it for the girl. I would hate it for the Veteran, and frankly the only people to truly blame would be Universal. There are ways to effectively do it (let’s not have the explosion and gunfire effects sound like they’re right there… have this be the aftermath. And let’s not use prop guns during a firefight…), and I really hope Universal is cautious of just how many Veterans attend this event. There is potential for a disastrous situation to occur in this house, and I hope Universal knows it and is willing to accept that liability.

I know I may be completely off-base, and if I am I will gladly be the first to admit in this case.

That is all. Dismissed.

When it comes down to it, EVERY house at the event has the potential to cause or reiterate some psychological issues within certain factions of the population. Obviously this house perhaps moreso than the others.

Individuals who suffer from any type of mental issue should already be well aware of their ability to handle certain situations. Most people who suffer from PTSD have already been diagnosed and know what their limitations are when being exposed to elements and stressors that could trigger their disorder.

Appropriate signage should be placed for this house, as well as all others, stating the potential harmful effects that could transpire while walking through and thereafter.

Universal should cover their ass, but on the other hand, individuals who have PTSD should also avoid houses like this. Just like anyone who has a psychological disorder that say makes them afraid of power tools shouldn't be hitting the Saws N' Steam house. :)

There comes a time when people must take personal responsiblity for their actions and the resulting outcomes. If someone feels that they may have an episode while in a house, due to psychological issues or whatever the case may be, then they need to not go in that house.

see I agree with Hush, if people cannot handle it, they should not go in, frankly Legacy post makes me think, what if a vet freaks out and starts killing everyone lol, if is that bad that they can break someone's jaw, they could break someone's neck, Like I said i was afraid of, Uni might read this and turn the house down or take some stuff out all together, which sucks,

see I agree with Hush, if people cannot handle it, they should not go in, frankly Legacy post makes me think, what if a vet freaks out and starts killing everyone lol, if is that bad that they can break someone's jaw, they could break someone's neck, Like I said i was afraid of, Uni might read this and turn the house down or take some stuff out all together, which sucks,

If I had my way (and Hush's from her other post), this house wouldn't exist to be toned down.

War, and what it does to the people who fight them, isn't entertaining, enjoyable or fun. It's something that shouldn't be taken frivolously as a backdrop for whatever you want to do. It seriously effects people psychologically for years afterwards.

And "a vet freaking out and killing everyone," has actually happened, could happen again, and definitely isn't a "lol" matter.

Edited by Legacy

If I had my way (and Hush's from her other post), this house would exist to be toned down.

War, and what it does to the people who fight them, isn't entertaining, enjoyable or fun. It's something that shouldn't be taken frivolously as a backdrop for whatever you want to do. It seriously effects people psychologically for years afterwards.

And "a vet freaking out and killing everyone," has actually happened, could happen again, and definitely isn't a "lol" matter.

Unfortunately people who haven't been on active duty or know anyone who has been in such a situation can't fully comprehend the psychological impact that it can have.

I think if the overall "war" concept can be toned down, then the house wouldn't be so bad. My personal opinion is that while people have to accept responsiblity for what they can and can't handle, on the other hand, like Legacy mentioned, many people suffer from PTSD and don't even know about it. A house like this could trigger such.

Again, with all the horror concepts out there for use, war just isn't something I would focus on...but that's just me.

Sorry, but I have to comment on this now for I feel it is getting out of hand. While I see Legacy's point, I do not agree with it at all. If Universal tried to make every minority group happy at their event, it would probably be reduced to a couple of mice, a duck, and a cow dressed up in lame Halloween outfits handing out candy to children. I hope Universal does not tone down or up this house because of anyone's comments on this post. First of all no one even knows what it is going to be like in this house. If you think you might have an issue with something in the house, ask someone about it after they have experienced it. Also when you do have an issue, then you boycott the house, the event, TV. show, or products related to it. If enough people do that then a company will realize they made a mistake and change it. I have been trying to do this with the Kardashians for some time now but they just don't seem to go away. I guess I'm not in the majority when it comes to that, but I will still try. Back on point there is no way for Universal to know what conditions people may or will have. It is your own responsibility not theirs. Boy this is a lot of ifs maybe we should just wait and see how it is then you can complain.

Sorry, but I have to comment on this now for I feel it is getting out of hand. While I see Legacy's point, I do not agree with it at all. If Universal tried to make every minority group happy at their event, it would probably be reduced to a couple of mice, a duck, and a cow dressed up in lame Halloween outfits handing out candy to children. I hope Universal does not tone down or up this house because of anyone's comments on this post. First of all no one even knows what it is going to be like in this house. If you think you might have an issue with something in the house, ask someone about it after they have experienced it. Also when you do have an issue, then you boycott the house, the event, TV. show, or products related to it. If enough people do that then a company will realize they made a mistake and change it. I have been trying to do this with the Kardashians for some time now but they just don't seem to go away. I guess I'm not in the majority when it comes to that, but I will still try. Back on point there is no way for Universal to know what conditions people may or will have. It is your own responsibility not theirs. Boy this is a lot of ifs maybe we should just wait and see how it is then you can complain.

I don't really see any of it as complaining, just people stating their opinions. It's not like we are protesting the event or saying they need to ditch the concept of the house completely.

None of us know what this house will be like until we see it firsthand. However, that doesn't mean that initial concerns can't be voiced until then.

And I have news for you, the Kardashians are like cockroaches and Cher, they will outlive all of us.

I'm pretty stoked about this house. It's an original concept and has great potential. As for the concerns about the potential for PTDS and the effects of the house on our veterans I agree with some of you that more warning signs could help out if this turns out to be the case.

Here's what I think a sign should be like:

"Nightingales: Blood Prey is a attraction taking place in a fictional battleground in WWI.

Due to the nature of this attraction anyone with PTDS or any military related mental disorders should refrain from entering the attraction.

It is highly recommended that both past and current enlisted individuals should consult a doctor or psychiatrist

before entering the attraction." (The last part is for anyone who is unaware of PTDS or any other military related mental disorder they may have) "Universal Studios will always a high reguard for our nation's troops both past and present."

I hope this sounds good.

I'm pretty stoked about this house. It's an original concept and has great potential. As for the concerns about the potential for PTDS and the effects of the house on our veterans I agree with some of you that more warning signs could help out if this turns out to be the case.

"Nightingales: Blood Prey is a attraction taking place in a fictional battleground in WWI.

Due to the nature of this attraction anyone with PTDS or any military related mental disorders should refrain from entering the attraction.

It is highly recommended that both past and current enlisted individuals should consult a doctor or psychiatrist

before entering the attraction." (The last part is for anyone who is unaware of PTDS or any other military related mental disorder they may have) "Universal Studios will always a high reguard for our nation's troops both past and present."

I hope this sounds good.

That is the best thing i've heard all day. lol

But most likely people will ignore that. Kind of like those people that bring Belongings, or food and what not onto coasters.

Legacy, I agree with you that they shouldn't make it too realistic...you prove a very valid point.

However, with these so-called Nightingales flitting about the house, I doubt that anyone dressed as a soldier or anyone with a gun will be lunging at the guest. Artillery and small arms fire sound effects are a given, and if we do see a soldier "firing" at anyone it'll most likely be at the Nightingales. Even at that, the use of automatic rifles wasn't very widespread in that time, so hopefully instead of a "ratatatatat" it'll just be a bolt action "bang *click, ching* bang" etc. That'd ease things up quite a bit. Though there's no way to change the noises of artillery and of the overlying automatic machine guns, but still...I think that they can balance it so it'll work for everyone.

For what it's worth, WOTLD had EXTREMELY loud sound effects. I'd always jump when they'd "fire" their mortars, or the machine gun. It wasn't hyper-realistic, and this house won't be hyper-realistic either as evidenced by the presence of the Nightingales, but the noises at least tried to be. I'm really looking forward to this house, and I hope that they don't blow it for anyone....veterans, or guests. I think that a balance can be achieved, and that Universal is more than competent enough to achieve it. As long as the ops are aware of potential issues that could stem from guests not being able to handle certain effects, and as long as there are plenty of exits that are clearly marked (as much as we all hate seeing them in houses) I think that it will work out just fine.

I hope this sounds good.

this would be perfect, I would also add, enter at your own risk, But, If the house ends up being realistic, i would be afraid of getting hurt by someone flipping out, i mean, I don't know I guess I will try to run and be first in line every day to go in the house, and not go again, or make sure people in front of me or behind are teenagers, I mean, sounds paranoid or maybe silly, but Legacy has brought some points to attention, it would suck to have your day ruined

but at the same time, nothing happened in Havoc,so i don't know, maybe we are all worrying for nothing, all i know is that, ill try to do the line thing or something, this sounds like it could go bad, or nothing happens, at all, who knows, but just the thought of getting hurt in a house is i mean is kinda scary

Edited by black mask

• Mark M. changed the title to Nightingales: Blood Prey (PTSD Discussion ONLY)