Separately Ticketed House

Our discussion about Nightmaze and how incredible it would be to have a totally blacked out house, made me wonder....would everyone be willing to pay for a separately ticketed in-park house at HHN?

HOS introduced Alone last year and from the reviews I've heard everyone who paid to go throught it had nothing but stellar things to say about it. Friends of ours said the experience was definitely worth the additional cost, being able to go through a house with only a few other people and not knowing what to expect because there was no one in front of you getting the scare beforehand.

Offering this type of house would give Universal the chance to try out elements that they couldn't offer in a regular house. By utilizing the separate ticket paid option they could limit the number of people who are able to experience the house each night therefore being able to create a much different experience than the typical conga line offers.

The additional price for an Alone ticket is $40.00 and that allows for you and three friends to experience the house.

And let's keep in mind that HOS prices are a little less than HHN, so I would think that a separately priced ticket at HHN would perhaps be a bit less than the $40.00 at HOS since we are paying more for actual admission.

If HHN were to offer something similiar, would you pay for the experience?

If it was reasonably priced then yes I would go for sure. Universal would take advantage of the social pressure. If all your friends went and said it was good. Then you know you would. We know their not going to charge under $20 if they could charge $35 and get away with it. The question is how would they handle the crowds and the pre-buying. Would it follow suite of HOS style. A lot of people tend to buy tickets when they arrive or just a few days before. Would their be a way for them to buy at the front gate or at a publix? So if they allowed them to buy tickets then the experience would not be very personal I'd believe. Maybe they would pulse for 10mins but to have appomients set up. Never see that happening.

If it was reasonably priced then yes I would go for sure. Universal would take advantage of the social pressure. If all your friends went and said it was good. Then you know you would. We know their not going to charge under $20 if they could charge $35 and get away with it. The question is how would they handle the crowds and the pre-buying. Would it follow suite of HOS style. A lot of people tend to buy tickets when they arrive or just a few days before. Would their be a way for them to buy at the front gate or at a publix? So if they allowed them to buy tickets then the experience would not be very personal I'd believe. Maybe they would pulse for 10mins but to have appomients set up. Never see that happening.

In a perfect world, make the tickets available only by purchasing them in advance either online or at the park. And allow for only a certain number of tickets to be sold for each night so that the experience would be like Alone, a unique one. Appointments would actually be a smart idea and would alleviate ruining the experience by crowding groups to close together.

Of course, this entire conversation is all conjecture! :)

I would go through a separately ticketed house once, but that's probably about it. Even though I get the Frequent Fear Pass (and it's a very good deal) I believe that I end up spending too much. It's bad enough when you end up paying for somebody else along with your tickets because the cost literally doubles.

Hush I loved your response!

Perhaps the idea of adding a FFP with the bonus of picking out a date for the separate house. Now that would sale the idea to the FFP people. Though now onto the regular crowd. The limit passes per night would be a great idea.

I would only want it to happen if it DIDN'T take the place of an existing house (meaning there would be 9 total houses each year). In addition, the extreme house could not push one of the more elaborate regular mazes (parade building or sound stages) into a lesser venue to make room for the up charge house.

Then, the up charge house must have a reasonable price. No more than $30 for one group - $40 is ridiculous and I wouldn't pay it, even if it was split among 4 friends or whatever on principle. Like the first year of Alone, a reward for completing it "alone" would be a necessity - even if it's just a photo print, a shirt, or a pin.

To add icing to the cake, they could bundle it with Frequent Fear Pass. Pay a little extra with your FFP and get a visit to the up charge house. Pay a little more extra, get a visit to the up charge house each night you go (if you reserve a date in advance.)

Or something like that.

Id go into it but then again Ive just booked to the alone house to go in by myself . But you would have to have the same format as alone where you purchase a 15min slot and if you miss it then you might not be able to go in , the point of picking a time is so that theres no waiting as you have paid a premium price already.

If HHN did this house no matter what the price was within reason ie $40 etc it would be sold out every night.

It wouldn't surprise me if in another year or so we do see Uni following in the footsteps of HOS and doing a house along the lines of Alone.

And I agree with what others have posted here, all very valid points. It would definitely have to be an additional house to those already slated for HHN...which could very easily be done. Likewise, there would have to be "payoff" for making it thru the entire house, just like Alone gives out t-shirts, a photo at the end of the house with the house "icon" etc., likewise same thing here.

When it comes to the ticketing standpoint, for it to really be worth it, it would have to be a completely separate ticket from all others. Bundling it with the FFP would be great, but you would run the risk of not having the same experience. So many people purchase that pass, I don't know if it would possible to allot everyone enough time to experience it through the run of the event. From a logistics standpoint, I'm sure it could be accomplished, but at what cost? A limited amount of time in the house, a small house, etc? Specified sign up times, which would again make it limited, etc.