Your Luck Has Run Out

Mark M.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this zone was not bad today, everything was the same but, I don't know it was ok

the Minions were gone though, like there is not even one now, is just lady lucks,

Hmm. You must have caught it at the wrong time. Minions were everywhere when I went through at around eleven. They were giving some crazy scares last night.

Hmm. You must have caught it at the wrong time. Minions were everywhere when I went through at around eleven. They were giving some crazy scares last night.

yeah I was there around...mmm.. like 8 or something, I guess they were somewhere else. Ill check it again

I will echo the disappointment in the quality of the masks for the bestial Lady Lucks. I do not expect that kind of sub-par quality at HHN.

Other than that, this zone just doesn't deliver. It feels ultra-cramped with not all that much going on. When Luck's minions are present the zone is a little more enjoyable, but still lacking greatly. I really don't have any suggestions to improve the area. I guess boosting the volume of the soundtrack would make a slight improvement, but otherwise I really don't know what could be done. I actually feel bad for the actors working in this zone.

All I can say about this zone is this: the little minion guys are sick, and reminiscent of Body Collectors to me, which is amazing.

That an somebody please cast the girls tonight playing Lady Luck on th commercial next time! Luck be MY lady tonight?!

This scarezone was ok, I wasn't impressed and I wasn't unimpressed. Just OK. Liking the numerous minions, Not so crazy about Luck (probably those masks that they have to wear, although I do like the pretty Lucks). Overall, just an OK zone. At least there's a good amount of Fog in here to help keep us on edge.

FOR NOW it gets a 4/10

Edited by cwoolboy

So honestly.. I really liked this zone, but.. it wasn't the Lucks I liked.. it was the Minions.... I LOVE the Minions.. On Thursday... I was watching a girl run screaming from a Minion..as I watched and laughed, the Minion that made her run and scream turned around and got me.... on Friday I had a Minion kind of stalk me through the zone.. I didn't even realize he was behind me until I looked over at a friend and caught him out of the corner of my eye standing right behind me. These guys have so much energy, and really worked together the times I saw them.

Not to mention the Minions remind me of body collectors :wub:

(oh no, here comes the wall of text! Run for your liiiiives!)

This is the scarezone I was looking forward to the most, so I have a lot to say. I don't know what I expected from this, but I know it's not what we ended up getting. I was so excited for this scarezone when it was first revealed... then I saw the pictures and videos and thought "are they serious? I know it's Sting Alley, but that's the best they could do? Poor Lady Luck." After experiencing it in person, my feelings are still mixed, but it's not as terrible as I thought it would be.

The decorations, lighting and music in here are appropriate for Lady Luck's "lair", and there's a lot of detail in the victims scattered about the alley. Some of them actually look like real people! You can see Luck in both of her forms, and she is in abundance, with at least two Lady Lucks and several Demon Lucks. I liked that there were so many of them. It felt like everywhere I looked, there she was, driving home the point that by coming here, my luck really had run out and there was no escaping her.

On the subject of Lady Luck, I've heard a lot of people complain that the Ladies looked bored, and well, they did... but put yourself in their shoes. They signed on as scareactors, yet all they get to do for the entire run is stand there and beckon people into the alley? Wouldn't you be bored too? I know I would. As for the Demon Lucks, yes, that mask is awful, and I'm shocked that the higher-ups at Universal looked at it and said "this is okay, we can use this!" It would've been fine in a house, where it's dark anyway, but in the streets- where everyone can see her- they should've gone with something more detailed. Of course, this isn't the fault of the scareactors, and I felt the Demon Lucks did the best they could with what they were given. Those recorded screams might sound stupid, but they are LOUD and I saw them scare several people with well timed screams and movements. They also weren't shy about getting up in your face. I've told the story in the Appreciation thread, but I got a really good scare from one who saw I was distracted and took advantage.

Then we have the Spade Gang: what I call Lady Luck's spade faced, chainsaw wielding guards. In the early hours of the event, they'd be at the front of the park, but as the night wore on they moved to YLHRO. These guys really freaked me out, with their expressionless faces and empty black eyes, so I didn't come through often when they were there. But I can't deny that they improved the scarezone. They were vicious with those chainsaws, and every time I walked by, they had people running and screaming. Needless to say I scooted for that sidewalk as soon as I left the alley- and even that didn't save me in the end!

BTW, this is the one scarezone that made me break my "no sidewalks" rule for this year :angry: Minions! *shakes fist*

Since there isn't a Lucy/Luck's minions thread, I'll post this applause here. Watching the minions work the Hollywood Blvd area near Seven is another GREAT spot to see first rate scare action. At least one of the casts has a demon Luck working, and even though mask still is what it is, she does great work, seldom stops moving. And goes in to scare me even on the sidewalk, which I love. I get lots of fun attention, being followed, stared down (hard to stare down someone with coal black eyes), and of course chainsawed.

And the best part of Sunday night for me was my favorite minion pretending to saw off my foot - way too much fun, that was EXACTLY what I needed at that point in the night!! What an award worthy performance!!

Back at Lucy's/Hollywood, Friday was another fun night. I've totally lost track of which cast is what, but I know one cast has at least two fiendishly fun Nightmares on the prowl. Love the shout outs!! Also got the other foot sawed off, so now I guess I really do need the chair ;)

Also one of the Demon Lucks is SOO much fun - always gives me lots of attention and scares when I'm doing the sit and watch routine, and even gives a wave goodbye when heading off set. Love that, she's got great energy and mixes well with minions and guests.

I do feel bad for the actors in Sting Alley - it looks like it's a logistical nightmare to do your job in there this year. I give you all props for doing as much as you can and do in a very challenging setup. I still like to go through at least once a night, you never know what new creative idea someone will come up with!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

These lady lucks were hot, but the scarezone could use a better hand. Masks were awful, my fiancee actually let a WTF escsape from her mouth when she saw them. Scares were still good even though the masks were awful, and when the spade guys were there, it was a smashing good show. Good detail on some of the static pieces. Decent scare zone that was appropriate for the theme, I am happy about the spade guys and phot op at the entrance, LOVED IT.

Call me crazy but the sexiest scarezone of 2011... wink.gif

I second that lol

• Mark M. changed the title to Your Luck Has Run Out