Your Luck Has Run Out

Mark M.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well its Sting Alley, what do you expect?

What do I expect?

The scariest scare zone, as it has the best area without props for scares. The only negative effect of a scare zone in sting alley, I can think of, is that it's more off to the side, Universal may be inclined to spend less money on it.

This was my #1 zone tonight. WOW. To the minion who pointed out my shirt and ended up scaring me (and I don't use that term lightly - eliciting a yell and a jump) NINE TIMES. He was so hilarious, he'd count on his fingers how many times he got me (I kept going back and forth). The lighting has been dramatically been improved, with the corpses and set pieces now very visible. The Demons are learning how to milk their set and e-prompts, absolutely nailed my friend. Pretty Lucks are definitely getting more into it - one of them got very seductive and gestured at me to "come forward," similar to the commercials - it's great stuff. The roulette wheel is nice, but it is a photo op that clogs up the zone. I would've preferred a victim here, with a Luck spinning it, but it's cool that they chose to include it. What's even cooler to me is the projected roulette wheel inside the zone - adds some nice color and depth. So yeah, all in all, this zone has jumped up dramatically on my list. 7, Canyon, and Luck are fighting for my #1 spot - opening weekend it was 7, tonight it was Luck. I'll be going back tomorrow and we'll see what happens, maybe Canyon will take the crown.

The Demon Luck masks are still pretty bad, but at least the e-prompts are great and they're getting scares (the one halfway through with the "shaking corpse" prop is awesome). However, they have added the "tar" to the lips, a nice, appreciated touch.

By the way, Gambit, they are definitely not playing any lyrical music in here. There's some sound effects going off, but certainly no Luck Be A Lady. This zone would be near perfect if they included that.

This was my #1 zone tonight. WOW. To the minion who pointed out my shirt and ended up scaring me (and I don't use that term lightly - eliciting a yell and a jump) NINE TIMES. He was so hilarious, he'd count on his fingers how many times he got me (I kept going back and forth).

oh hey. You're welcome ;) I'm no longer in ops and back with entertainment and tonight was my first night in the actual Alley itself. I'm glad you enjoyed the zone.

also, they do play "Luck Be a Lady" it's super quiet and you can hear it better on the "lake side" on the street when it's a little slower.

I got some absolutley amazing scares in this zone on Thursday night! The first demon Luck near Mummy was able to get a good scare out of me and every single ground actor tag teamed me. I do agree that the mask are quite cheap looking, so hopefully Universal will fix that by the end of the event. The minions, I believe, are wonderful characters. They look incredibly disturbing, get great scare out of people, and their staffs get some great startles as well. I love the dummy victims in this zone (the axed head and the cards in mouth) Last night (Friday) was as good as Thurdsay, but I still enjoyed going through it.

This zone keeps pushing me in both ways. I felt as if so so much more could have been done but there are some things I like. The "Guards" are so creepy in here. I believe I did hear "Luck be a lady" but it was very low. Please turn the volume up just a little. The pretty ladies are cool but every time they look bored and do the same actions. Almost as if their robots up their.

Maybe I was overly spoiled with SnS but that zone made sting alley very scary to walk in to.

Only advice I can give is to ugly ladies if you can hide a little more and maybe switch up your spots from time to time.

oh hey. You're welcome ;) I'm no longer in ops and back with entertainment and tonight was my first night in the actual Alley itself. I'm glad you enjoyed the zone.

also, they do play "Luck Be a Lady" it's super quiet and you can hear it better on the "lake side" on the street when it's a little slower.

Army, holy poop, that WAS you on Thursday! I did say "Army", but was thinking it couldn't be you because you were in Ops this year. Kudos to you and your tag team partner; I was on my way out of the park, and you two gave me the best scare of the night! Yay!!

It's fact thatthe song plays but how often has any of us heard it. For me just once through out of the 10+ times. That's not good numbers.

Just to make it clear. I don't blame the actors for this zone. Their doing all that they can do. It's the zone it's self is what I have a problem with.

It's fact thatthe song plays but how often has any of us heard it. For me just once through out of the 10+ times. That's not good numbers.

Just to make it clear. I don't blame the actors for this zone. Their doing all that they can do. It's the zone it's self is what I have a problem with.

Exactly - I actually tried really hard to hear ANY lyrical song, and I spent probably about an hour cumulatively this weekend... didn't hear it once. Or any lyrical song for that matter. Pump up that volume, it'd drive in some much needed atmosphere!

The zone is still MUCH better from opening weekend. Lighting is cool, the Demon Lucks are finding their groove, the Pretty Lucks are getting more into it... some new details here and there. I wish they'd realize the Demon Luck masks blow and would either make new ones or use prosthetics or something. The minions, depending on what cast you get, are on fire. ;)

Also, during the day time, there has been Six actresses (three Pretties three Demons) every time. Minions show up at night and make the zone much better.

Can we please move that wheel? I like that it's there now, but it's a photo op and blocks access to the zone.

I just wish the Hot lady lucks were down at ground level I wish this zone was longer, They really should not have put it here, is such a mess sometimes, they had enough actors and enough stuff to maybe make it come out more from this street or put it somewhere else, I know is not happening, im just saying it would have been nice

Exactly - I actually tried really hard to hear ANY lyrical song, and I spent probably about an hour cumulatively this weekend... didn't hear it once. Or any lyrical song for that matter. Pump up that volume, it'd drive in some much needed atmosphere

Especially given how close it is to Acid Assault. The chainsaws and industrial rock kind of bleed over.

I wish they'd give the pretty lucks more to do. When I'd go through they all just kind of looked bored, maybe a little annoyed. Though I do appreciate the fact that any one of them is better looking than the actress in the TV spot. Did not care for her...

Well I guess Uni listen from time to time. Cause on Sunday I heard the music from the zone very loudly.

Now move the Wheel, add some more color and ....... Umm something else and maybe this zone can be just ok.

I think if they moved the Wheel to the other side of the zone, off to the side (aka so a line forming to take pics wouldn't block the entrance), we'd be in good shape. Music volume will help big time, looking forward to that next weekend.

Color... hmm, there IS a lot of red. Maybe some blues and black washes for a little more ambient variety?

The biggest change should be replacing those awful Demon Masks. :(

Also, Zkeeper, were the chainsaws in here or just at the entrance/Mel's?

the masks are what they are, i dont think they should replace them or could replace them

I just wish the Hot lucks had more to do like Dr. Phibes said, this zone makes no sense to me, if they put the hot lady lucks at ground level the scarezone could actually be double in size, I mean the zone could come out of the alley of that was the case, but then again there is no freaking decoration in the zone really, i mean, look at how amazing Saws and Steam was it came out of the alley perfectly, they could have done the same with this zone,

but, like i said, the masks are the least of the problems, i dont think they could do anything about this zone, is a good zone dont get me wrong, is good, but it could have been great

I thought the idea behind this zone and having lots of Lady Lucks was that she's supposed to be omnipresent and shapeshifting, so each iteration would look like it came out of a different place or time. Then that kinda makes sense. But ... They're all wearing the same dress.

Of course, some of the greatest scares in HHN history have come from something like this. Like when the Three Jasons bounced people down that one hallway for a TRIPLE SCARE BONUS +10000!

In this case, though - and I apologize in advance for my language, since I know there are ladies present - what the butt?

Lady Luck's backstory ties her into all of the houses, even if it's a stretch in some cases (I highly doubt they came up with Lady Luck before they came up with the idea to do a Poe house..), but she's apparently not tied into any of the scarezones at all, which I think is a copout, but it's a copout I'm totally willing to overlook.

However, I am not willing to overlook Lady Luck's backstory not intersecting with Lady Luck's scarezone, which contains Lady Luck, fifty times.

It was like when John Malkovich climbed into his own brain . . . . . "Malkovich Malkovich?" "Malkovich!" "Oooo! Malkoviiichh!"

No chainsaws were on this zone on Sunday. I doubt they will add them. Agreed the mask look ugly but that is the very least of the problems for this zone.

I agree with Black Mask. I would wish for the hot lucks to do more but their just photo-ops or I mean the way they would explain it. A distraction so the ugly lucks would scare you. The way it's constructed is a huge key to the problem. There's just no room for anymore actors. Perhaps if they did what Canyon did and have some Lucks outside of the zone with maybe a simple light set up. Would help bring the zone a little out. Should be hot luck tempting you to walk towards the zone but while walking through you find her other side.

"Your choices will determine if you make it out alive" umm how. Their's one one way to walk through no different paths and what choices?

No chainsaws were on this zone on Sunday. I doubt they will add them. Agreed the mask look ugly but that is the very least of the problems for this zone.

I agree with Black Mask. I would wish for the hot lucks to do more but their just photo-ops or I mean the way they would explain it. A distraction so the ugly lucks would scare you. The way it's constructed is a huge key to the problem. There's just no room for anymore actors. Perhaps if they did what Canyon did and have some Lucks outside of the zone with maybe a simple light set up. Would help bring the zone a little out. Should be hot luck tempting you to walk towards the zone but while walking through you find her other side.

"Your choices will determine if you make it out alive" umm how. Their's one one way to walk through no different paths and what choices?

YES. Agree. ::pushes agree button::

That's right along with what I was saying about how she should tie into her own theme: she should tempt you to enter (from outside sting alley, we saw a masked Lady Luck jumping out from behind the wall boo-ing people - the xxxHOTTxxx Lady Luck was up in the stratosphere where she was barely visible. That wasn't tempting at all.

And the choice thing - they *say* that it's all about choices - why do they just not implement that in any way? Not that they really could . . . Sting Alley is only the size of a postage stamp. But we didn't even make the choice to go in. Just saw the sillymasked Lady Luck ROARING at people and it was pretty simple "does not want" logic. Poor Lady Luck. She deserved so much more.

I think this scarezone will not only be redeemed, but will earn a piece of the Triforce if they get minions dressed like Bob Barker to hang out next to the wheel, rambling about removing animals' genitals and the Showcase Showdown, except it would have to be called something Scary like ... the... Scarecase Scaredown.

Then everybody who spins the wheel can be really old, weak, and way too enthusiastic. Periodically the Bob Barker minion would have to spin the wheel manually back to the starting value, tell the guest to spin again and make it a full spin, all the while thoughtbubbleo0O{Stupid human. Hate human. Barker smash. Barker ... Barker... Barker neuter....)

I don't know about you, but that would make me at once creeped out, nostalgic AND uncomfortable.

Simple solution: Bring the ladies down from their perches, have them act friendly towards male patrons, then while they're preoccupied, let the girls' masked counterparts do their thing. The diversion could also net some annoyed spouses and lady friends.

I award you one Piece of the Triforce for "annoyed spouses and lady friends."

May the way of the hero lead to the Triforce!

The only problem with bringing down the Hot Lucks. Is people will no madder what try to take photos with them. Thus will be a clutter at the start of the zone. Much as the Wheel was. Though I hope they give something a try. Would be much better than it is at the moment.

The only problem with bringing down the Hot Lucks. Is people will no madder what try to take photos with them. Thus will be a clutter at the start of the zone. Much as the Wheel was. Though I hope they give something a try. Would be much better than it is at the moment.

These points:

1 - Your logic is broken. If ppl will want to take pictures with the hotties no matter what, it stands to reason that height will not make a difference.

2 - I personally feel like Sting Alley is crowded even if I'm in there alone with no scareactors or guests.

3 - Maybe Uni is setting something up, like how last year they suddenly added the icongasm in Sting Alley at the last minute. Maybe on the last day the Ladies will ... be.. juggling. Or something. Maybe hurling insults at everybody all night like the Hookah Smoking Caterpillar in 08.

These points:

1 - Your logic is broken. If ppl will want to take pictures with the hotties no matter what, it stands to reason that height will not make a difference.

2 - I personally feel like Sting Alley is crowded even if I'm in there alone with no scareactors or guests.

3 - Maybe Uni is setting something up, like how last year they suddenly added the icongasm in Sting Alley at the last minute. Maybe on the last day the Ladies will ... be.. juggling. Or something. Maybe hurling insults at everybody all night like the Hookah Smoking Caterpillar in 08.

Last year Saws n Steam was in sting alley. You're thinking of the year before.

• Mark M. changed the title to Your Luck Has Run Out