Your Luck Has Run Out

Mark M.

Just a thought about the large spinning feel. Maybe they are using it inside of a studio to film for the front gate.

But onto the Scare-Zone. Since there is only one Lady Luck. How will this zone be scary? Maybe Lady Luck will be on a platform speaking to us....such as the Witch was in 08. Her victims will be her slaves attacking us.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a thought about the large spinning feel. Maybe they are using it inside of a studio to film for the front gate.

But onto the Scare-Zone. Since there is only one Lady Luck. How will this zone be scary? Maybe Lady Luck will be on a platform speaking to us....such as the Witch was in 08. Her victims will be her slaves attacking us.

What makes you think there's only one Lady Luck in the scarezone? We still don't know what all those females in the zone are suppose to be...

Well as the website/games have led to, Lady Luck comes in all shapes and forms. Each house is represented by certain individuals who have encountered Lady Luck in some form and had to make a choice.

For example, The Forsaken tells the story of Antonio Cabot, the Captain of the fourth condemned ship that never made it. Lady Luck presented herself in the form of Queen Isabella chartering the trip.

I think this scare zone will contain the Lady Luck that we all know plus all of her various forms pertaining to each story represented in the houses.

Edited by The Matador

Everyone can pay to get strapped to it and have their picture taken as lady luck spins them... :)

ehhh. I dont think so. They can do it basically theres like 3 problems :

1. they need to have consent. sign forms that waste too much time

2. Drunks who will go on and throw up. They can't clean it that quick, so it would have to close for a while since, well no onw wants to see throw up. Idk about you but if i saw throw up (real) in a scarezone i would turn and leave.

3. Not many people would pay for that. More people would pay for them to take a picture in a like shop (last years jack photo box. never went in it but always had a long line.)

I'm starting to worry about how this zone is going to be put together. It's a week before rehearsals, and this is the least worked on of the sz's..

It only takes one night. Construction will pick up after RTU. After saturday night, HHN will be in full swing.

I honestly wont mind if this ends up being just a glorified photo op (which it will probably be) just as long as there are some types of minions or something actually doing some scaring

Maybe the minion scareactors are past victims of Lady Luck. There has to be to her than just shackling people to a revolving wheel right? Maybe she turns them into undead, or maybe I'm just so desperate for a backstory for her that I'm making up my own lol. And what's with the bird?

I wouldn't mind if this SZ was mainly a photo op, as long as it's the only one. I've only been to HHN once or twice, and it's been a while, but I don't think that they have their 'mascot' on a stage performing for photos and stuff right before the park opens. HOS had something like that every year that I went, and it was interesting for a while, but I soon found myself annoyed with the obnoxious people in the crowd and the cheesy performances. I'd rather catch some photos of the mascot in action, rather than acting out some scripted event on stage.

I haven't heard of LL having something to do with each house before. That's interesting. As a big Poe fan, I'd love to see how she plays into that house. And if she is involved in every house, I'd like for it to be explained clearly. We shouldn't have to be stretching to link the houses to her.

I wouldn't mind if this SZ was mainly a photo op, as long as it's the only one. I've only been to HHN once or twice, and it's been a while, but I don't think that they have their 'mascot' on a stage performing for photos and stuff right before the park opens. HOS had something like that every year that I went, and it was interesting for a while, but I soon found myself annoyed with the obnoxious people in the crowd and the cheesy performances. I'd rather catch some photos of the mascot in action, rather than acting out some scripted event on stage.

I haven't heard of LL having something to do with each house before. That's interesting. As a big Poe fan, I'd love to see how she plays into that house. And if she is involved in every house, I'd like for it to be explained clearly. We shouldn't have to be stretching to link the houses to her.

I think this is intentional. LL might not have to do with any of the houses. If there is a relationship between her and the houses, I am yet to see it. But that also gives rise to all the ideas that we have this year. Linking theme, icon and houses/ scare zones together can be extremely successful (BM HHN 08) but it doesn't mean that not linking them will make the event less good. In fact the spontaneity and variety this year is what I appreciate the most! All original themes woohoo. As for this zone, I am excited mostly because of the location. The Sting Alley scare zone is a great place, even though its a little tight. I wonder how they will lure people into the alley this time :)

Lady Luck does have something to do with all of the houses in some way. It may not be public, but the backstory for each house does show how she has played a part in it somehow.

Don't look for Bloody Mary-esque cameos though.

Aww darn it. I enjoyed those little hints to her. But i think luck itself plays a huge roll in most of the houses. So that would link them.

Let's try and figure out how Lady Luck is in all the houses...

Winter's Night - The most obvious one; She takes the form of the hag woman who gives Mr. Hawthorne tthe choice in the backstory. Of course, the choice led to her death. Look for a hag character in the scarezone?

Holidays of Horror - I think she's the woman heard on the audio recording that offers HR the job that ultimately made him a flop, ended his career and made him crazy. I think she was supposed to be casting director in that clip?

The Forsaken - She's Queen Isabella; historically, she was Columbus' patron, funding his voyage. In HHN, she gave the captains a lucky draw and had our captain choose his ship first. Lucky? No.

Nevermore - Lady Luck, as a ticket lady, sold Poe the ticket to Baltimore, leading to all of his bad luck.

The In-Between - Perhaps it was Luck that those college kids got that Ouija board with the pesky portal... Maybe Lady Luck sold the board to them? Or perhaps she assigns the rooms, giving the kids the worst dorm. Because it has a portal of death in it.

Nightingales - From the clues, it looks like she's actually the personification of an "Enlist Now!" Poster... Enlisting does seem like a very important "choice", doesn't it? Perhaps she's Head Nurse... Or "Dearest", Edmund's love back home. Either way, his fate of going home was definitely twisted by our fair Lady...

Saws N Steam - Definitely the head of The Horizon or something to that effect. She controls the fate of who lives... And who goes into the machine to become steam.

The Thing - Why is the team even out there? I'm guessing there's a certain female scientist back home that has sent the unlucky crew to Thrule Station...

Edited by Disneyson1

• Mark M. changed the title to Your Luck Has Run Out