Your Luck Has Run Out

Mark M.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This zone better be incredible, or we'll have another deadweight icon. I think it definitely has the potential to be great, though - I can totally see Lady Luck picking "planted victims" to be strapped to a massive roulette wheel where the Saws'n'Steam stage was last year.

However, as for Lady Luck herself, I envision one of two (unfortunate) things happening:

1) She's always up on aforementioned stage torturing, and is therefore not scaring

2) She is on the ground for the purpose of scaring, but is mostly taking photos

The girls asked if they wouldn't mind being gagged will be in the Jaws house, I know one of them

You know, this confirms something very significant for this year - the return (in some capacity) of VICTIMS, an element that was sorely missing from last year IMO.

Great tip, thanks.

More food for thought about this zone - what else will be included? We know the cast will be largely female (former Coven cast), but what form will they take on? Will there only be only one Luck, or many? If not Luck, what?

You know, this confirms something very significant for this year - the return (in some capacity) of VICTIMS, an element that was sorely missing from last year IMO.

Amen!!!! The victims used in death scenes provide the best distractions.

Man, I LOVE that our Icon zone will be in Sting Alley. Wonder how they will get it to match the theme and feel of the commercial. Still hoping for a mini-stage show so we can see LL do her thang, and planted victims would be awesome on every level. I know it would freak me out if the person standing next to me was grabbed and dragged screaming up to the roulette wheel as LL laughs"YOUR LUCK JUST RAN OUT!!!!!"

What do you mean no victims? Saws n Steam had the multiple people being turned to steam throughout the night. Zombiegras started with a full person on the float and at

the end of the night there was just pieces of him. In the

coven there were the "pilgrims" Being burned to the stake.

In ZombieGeddon there were many victims! In Havoc everyone was a victim of the mutation. In Catacombs the guy in th chasm was a victim. I could go on and on. There were plenty of victims last year

What do you mean no victims? Saws n Steam had the multiple people being turned to steam throughout the night. Zombiegras started with a full person on the float and at

In ZombieGeddon there were many victims! In Havoc everyone was a victim of the mutation. In Catacombs the guy in th chasm was a victim. I could go on and on. There were plenty of victims last year

Don't forgot the spine girl in Hallow'd Past!

Perhaps I should've clarified - no victims in the houses themselves (with the one exception of Spine Girl). The idea last year was apparently that "you are the victim," a plot device I don't particularly care for. Victims being murdered in the little show scenes are part of what makes HHN better than other haunts - plus, it adds a degree of terror to the houses once you establish just how dangerous the creatures that inhabit them are.

By the way, I wouldn't really count infected zombies to be "victims."

Perhaps I should've clarified - no victims in the houses themselves (with the one exception of Spine Girl). The idea last year was apparently that "you are the victim," a plot device I don't particularly care for. Victims being murdered in the little show scenes are part of what makes HHN better than other haunts - plus, it adds a degree of terror to the houses once you establish just how dangerous the creatures that inhabit them are.

By the way, I wouldn't really count infected zombies to be "victims."

They're was a victim or two in Catacombs too.

They're was a victim or two in Catacombs too.

Eh, I guess. Depends on how you categorize "victim" I suppose. There was the one infected archeologist (though he already seemed to have "turned," for me placing him in the same category as the zombies) and then the "hanging man" animatronic, which isn't an actor at all.

Bottom line is we'll be getting show scene-actors of some type this year, at least in this house. And that makes me excited after some of the cool stuff that was pulled off in 08 and 09 with victims.

Back on topic, though - everyone seems to be insisting that very little theming is inserted into Sting Alley for the zones besides the wayward fog machine. I have to say - were we looking at different zones last year? Saws'n'Steam had a huge excess of cables & pipes & wiring forming a roof above the zone; there was blood and steampunk devices everywhere; and that massive oven/stage/apparatus! I expect nothing less in extravagance for our "icon zone."

I have heard rumors, not yet substantiated that part of this scarezone may be indoors.

I wondered if the Roulette Wheel room would be able to be visited - I bet it would fit in some of the remaining Naazarman facades. Hopefully it isn't just a glorified photo op.

That would be kind of... eh never mind. Plus, when Jimmy said some of the zone will be indoors, I think we might have a hidden icon house at Nazarman's!

Jack and Chance are getting married inside Naz's.

Sorry, I couldn't help my self.

On a side note, all this talk about part of the scare zone is quite interesting... If Lady Luck was in there don't ya think it'd clog up the SZ and start a line?

Jack and Chance are getting married inside Naz's.

Sorry, I couldn't help my self.

On a side note, all this talk about part of the scare zone is quite interesting... If Lady Luck was in there don't ya think it'd clog up the SZ and start a line?

Unless a line to take pictures is exactly what Universal wants...

• Mark M. changed the title to Your Luck Has Run Out