Acid Assault

Mark M.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they ARE out ...notice the two groups of barricades at either end of the zone? Those are there to block off the major"holes that have appeared in the street...

I know where they are supposed to be but I saw no stickers. Just barricades blocking more asphalt. I guess I'll just have to go back with a flashlight next week and find them.

This was a pretty good scarezone the projection on the buildings was awsome and when you entered the scarezone coming from the entrance it looked really cool with the fog, lights and the bubbles. Really did not get any scares in the scarezone but it was an overall cool/erie feeling in the scarezone

First time post - although I've been lurking on the boards for well over a year now! Went to my first HHN in 2010 and returned from the UK this year to attend opening night. Again; was amazed by it all and still can't comprehend the sheer level of detail and love which goes into the event. Just thought I'd post my (slightly iffy) footage of Rat Women which I recorded on opening night...

Acid Assault

-This zone is great! I just wish I got to spend more time in here. Most of the time I was in this area they were rained out. Enough runs to post my thoughts though.

-The sets here are very cool... eons ahead of the shitty Apocalypse in 09. Floor stickers are a cool touch.

-The building projections... my jaw dropped at how cool these are. I don't mind that they happen frequently, they're just so cool to look at and make great distractions.

-The "acid rain" near Twister was a nice surprise!

-Costumes are good, if a little generic. I prefer the bloody heads, though the crazy lady with the shopping cart was a lot of fun!

-The casts here are good, just not as amazing as 7 or Canyon. They have great potential though. It's probably harder for them since they have much more territory to cover

-Which reminds me, this zone is huge! The cast is big, too, thankfully. Just glad to see a big zone amidst the plethora of tiny ones this year

-I got a solid amount of scares in here. This is a more open area so it can be harder, I realize... the casts are good about using the projections as their distraction. They also have a tendency to follow you, a practice I can't get enough of

Suggestions for Improvement: Just keep pumping up the level of aggressiveness. I can tell I'll like this zone the more I visit it.

Sets: A

Costumes: B

Atmosphere: A

Size: A+

Scares: B+

Opening Weekend Grade: A-

While I do love chainsaws. They seem a little out place in this zone but maybe that's because they just added them and they were not there from the start. None the less they basically steal all the scares.

They added chainsaws in this zone? If so, I'm quite said to hear it.

i actually liked the addition of chainsaws, i mean, doesn't really take away from the other stuff, it kinda makes sense that the residents of Acid assault would have them, they also have pipes to injure,

so why not?

besides this is the only zone where chainsaws could be added, they could not be added in grown evil canyon or luck has run out,

so yes, they had chainsaws and i really liked that

They added chainsaws here? That's probably a good thing. The park needs more chainsaws, and this zone is LOUD... seems appropriate. We only briefly traveled through and didn't see/hear them... must've just missed em.

It looks like it's just a couple of chainsaws; it works fine for me. All the melty inhabitants are doing a first rate, high energy job, and I'm finding the chainsaws to be a nice blend instead of overwhelming. It just broadens the base and scope of scares. Lots of tag team and misdirection :) Fun to sit and watch!

From what I hear there's two chainsaws per cast. From the actors I've seen they're average size and not anyone from the normal chainsaw gang.

One small thing that bothers me, I wish they'd make the chainsaws dirty if they're going to put them in the zone. The actors that have them are all in worn clothing, yet they have a brand new chainsaw that looks like they just got it out of the box.

PWT....lol maybe the acid rain cleaned it very well.

Let me ask you all something. Take away the 3D building projections. How does this scare zone stand on your scale? Is it just as good or ....

Even if you take away the 3D for In-Between the house (to me) still works and is scary.

Let me ask you all something. Take away the 3D building projections. How does this scare zone stand on your scale? Is it just as good or ....

Even if you take away the 3D for In-Between the house (to me) still works and is scary.

Without the 3D projections this zone is meh. There's some actors that you can tell are trying to scare much more than others, compared to a zone like 7 where almost all actors are trying very hard.

What's scary to people varies. For example, In-Between is at #7 on my list and without the 3D it'd be #8. I don't find it scary at all.

For me? It's still scary. Without the 3D, you do take away the "omg I've never seen that before" factor. But the themeing is still terrific, and the actors are top-notch. Might need a little more fog for distraction purposes, but then I love the smell of fog, and it's wonderful for the complexion - ask Steve.

well this zone is a hundred times better than both Apocalypse and containment, even without the 3D projections it would still be awesome, i mean the street looks cool and the costumes are really amazing,

I do agree about some actors scaring more than others. LOL they gave a girl the chainsaw today, girls and power tools... Epic

The actors in the zone do a damn good job. There are so many different kinds and they act differently. My only wish is that if the taxi or the bus had some kind of effect such as lights and a horn that would go off every so often. Would grab the attention and make scares come out of nowhere. The shack near the station wagon does nothing other than sit in the dark. There is a air conditioner in the back of it. Anybody have a clue as to why?

• Mark M. changed the title to Acid Assault