Acid Assault

Mark M.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder how often the buildings are going to "crumble"...and if they're going to tie in with anything special by the Scareactors. Like do they do a whole bunch of scares, congregate by the buidling to draw your attention, and then scream and flee when the building starts to crumble.

Can't wait to see how they do this. I hope it's not just a continual loop or something that happens every minute...I'd like it to build up some suspense about what's going on and what's going to happen (for those who haven't seen this yet) to up the surprise factor.

EDIT: .....or maybe what they showed was a sped up video and the building will slowly collapse over time. That would be really cool, but it doesn't look like it.

Edited by Oysterhead00

Inside the Magic posted this YouTube video of the 3D Mapping projection in action:

this zone looks like is going to be one of the best zones Ever made by universal, knowing that they are doing to do the 3D projection, combined with the amazing make up,

looks like this is going to be completely amazing

Oh My God

i cannot believe how good this is going to be...

Guest kiwisoup

I'd keep in mind that that video is just the animation that will be projected onto the building. When it actually is projected ONTO the building, it will look even better because of the added depth and such.

I'd keep in mind that that video is just the animation that will be projected onto the building. When it actually is projected ONTO the building, it will look even better because of the added depth and such.

Let's hope that's the case.

I'm so glad I have ppl coming with me who always go to Howl O' Scream... you won't see this type of production there. This will blow them away

yeah I agree, HOS aint nothing compared to HHN we got the title nation wide event, we got the best houses, best scares and mostly more professional scare actors, cant wait only 3 days left for opening

Trust me, it will look awesome. The technology that they are using is amazing, and will create a stunning look to the zone.

That's what has me most intrigued about this particuar zone, the technology that will be used. Regardless of everything else, if the actual end results are anything like the examples I've seen, this area will be visually stunning!

In this zone, the technology completely trumps the scareactors performances.

I did witness a few scares from people staring at the building videos and being startled by a scareactor...but unfortunately, you are more drawn to watching the facades crumble than being bothered by anyone around you.

As with everything, this could change drastically throughout the event.

Must say, the technology used is absolutely fantastic!

MAybe if you had turned around you would have senn me breathing down your neck

You should have used the distraction to scare the crap out of her. That's what I would have done anyway. Send her away knowing the next time she's in your scarezone she better not be focused on the technology.

Edited by AaronPaHHNFan

mostly I nail the geeks who are way too busy texting and walking...those are the best ..however it is quite annoying when a large group decides to hold a meeting in the middle of my street..be warne d a few of us may gang up ...I beleive for the most part nobody here would do that but it did happen a couple of times last night and it did tend to break the flow of traffic....I wish everyone here a great time tomorrow night and should I spot those shirts yer sportin I'll be sure to um.......say "hi" heh heh ..

I really did enjoy the zone. I believe the times I went through it was semi-empty and that doesn't help in a zone. Once it has larger crowds coming through. It will be easier for you acid freaks not to stand out and to be able to sneak up on people. The building effects are awesome and maybe I'm asking for too much but I wanted some smaller effects over by the taxi cab/bus area. Also the person pushing the cart is so funny to watch.

• Mark M. changed the title to Acid Assault