Acid Assault

Mark M.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

visited the parks today and took some real time to explore this street and some of the finer details that you cant see in the photos are incredible! as to the 3D projection i will give it a high probability and a good chance of happening esp with the way the projectors have been set up for the correct coverage of the buildings for the effect! Surprisingly i found that some of the strollers and shopping carts had some military bags and equipment in them, as well as camo clothing.... just speculation tho!

here's another video of 3-d projection that my home park did this year.

Good example of what can be done in an urban park with lots of light pollution. especially an awkward surface (they're projecting on a mountain...)

particularly check out ~ 5:18

Edited by Rossco999

(Warning the pics I linked are actual acid victims)

Well contaminate zombie and acid victims are two very different things. Your skin doesn't boil... it is eaten away along with muscle. So you get a lot of severe burns. There is melting and fusing going on as well. Which will tend to pul facial features taunt.

Here is a case of a child with actual acid rain burns. This would be considered an extreme case in the real world. However in a world of constant severe acid rain you would have burns similar to an acid attack.

A healed acid attack victim

Another

and here is a silicon makeup acid burn

hood01_800.jpg

I'm gonna be honest and tell you all that I had no interest in this scarezone..........until the videos of 3D projections were put on here. Wow is all I can say. Imagine the possibilities with technology like that. To say the least it's stunning. If they actually end up doing the projections I can't wait for this zone. I really had another containment in my head like some of you. Maybe they will use the masks but that really isn't a big deal to me. The atmosphere is what makes a scarezone to me and this one is looking good.

I agree whole-heartedly! When I first read the descrition I practically screamed O NO, NOT ANOTHER CONTAINMENT!!!!! But now with the 3D projections rumor, my hopes have been heightened greatly for this zone. With it's use of the NY area they have GOT to do something cool with this zone. I think back to City of Cannibals. Not the best zone but the effects were awesome and made a leisuely walk thru the area worthwhile. For this zone to be worth it for me, It's GOT to have: A. a constant rain effect (cold or warm don't matter to me, but warm would make it slightly more believable to be acid....I'd prefer the rain to be kind of hot but not burning or anything) B. 3D Projections. I don't have much hope the scareactor costumes/prosthetics in the zone, but who knows, maybe Uni. will surprise me.

This is one of those where Uni's got to GO BIG OR GO HOME (Grown Evil is another one of these zones). And that's all I have to say about that. Till then, wake me up when 3D projections are confirmed for this zone.

CONGRATS!!! HAVE FUN SCARING ME!!!

I also took a look at the set/constrction pics for this zone. I now retract all my skepticisim for this zone. Pretty sure it will be amazing, and I love how they went all out with the theming. No way will this be another Containment, truly psyched now!!!

CONGRATS!!! HAVE FUN SCARING ME!!!

I also took a look at the set/constrction pics for this zone. I now retract all my skepticisim for this zone. Pretty sure it will be amazing, and I love how they went all out with the theming. No way will this be another Containment, truly psyched now!!!

Thank you! I'll definitely have fun scaring you! ;)

Glad to see you're psyched for it now!

see everyone is like "i doubted acid rain now i dont" but basically NOTHING except grown evil (which will only be trees and wild life) and nghtmaze (which all you need is large strobe lights, fog and dark space) are the only scarezone that have things OUT. i mean yes my expectations have risen A LOT for acid rain, but i dont wanna said like a b***h but its the truth. i mean everyone can keep saying things just wait for the actual event. ok now that im reading this i am sounding more like a b****h. lol sorry just i'm a little annoyed of seeing EVERYSINGLE commene be my expectations have rosen. but if you want to keep saying things, do it. Just idk how to say this without making people mad, well if i offended you somehow i didnt mean too. lol :mellow::unsure::blink::o

Is that English? I don't mean to be mean or judgmental, but if you could spell check and make sure that what you write makes sense before posting, it would be greatly appreciated.

My view on Acid Assault is the same. It seems like it will be very interesting in terms of design and set, but I feel like that may be more of the focus instead of the scares. Don't get me wrong, I live the intricate sets and atmosphere at HHN, and I am excited to see how it looks with the 3D projection and what not, but I am still a little unsure of it.

Perhaps this is more suited for the Acid Assault discussion?

This is from the Construction discussion.

If I understand the first poster's concern, there are a number of people (me included), whose expectations have gone up for Acid Assault now that so much set dressing is out. I do believe that it is the actors that make a zone work; but even the most skilled artist and professional usually needs tools to maximize performance. I've long thought that, of all the things Universal excels at, their biggest strength is their sets. When they gave Containment a plastic green bubble and fog machines that seldom worked, that didn't give the actors much to work with, and didn't create the ambiance I normally associate with Uni. That's where much of my disappointment came from.

When I see what they have done so far this year in terms of the details of the set, it raises my expectations significantly for a SZ that I at first thought sounded like a standard post-disaster apocalypse scenario. The SA's have a terrific canvas to work on/in, and that makes me more excited. The possibility/probability of the 3D projection also has greatly piqued my interest.

But, I also agree that it is a wait and see scenario. Not just this zone, but all zones and houses. I don't think there is anything this year that I feel "meh" about. Last year, when I first heard of Catacombs and Havoc, I was meh about them. I was seriously and happily WRONG!

I'm enjoying the anticipation as part of the event, and really looking forward to discovering what else will exceed my expectations this year.

Not really ground breaking but

This is from FB

Even the streets of HHN 21 will be crawling with evil…deformed mutants in Acid Assault, unwelcoming creatures that dwell within the Canyon of Dark Souls …which scarezone will have you running for safety first?

(Warning the pics I linked are actual acid victims)

Well contaminate zombie and acid victims are two very different things. Your skin doesn't boil... it is eaten away along with muscle. So you get a lot of severe burns. There is melting and fusing going on as well. Which will tend to pul facial features taunt.

Here is a case of a child with actual acid rain burns. This would be considered an extreme case in the real world. However in a world of constant severe acid rain you would have burns similar to an acid attack.

A healed acid attack victim

Another

and here is a silicon makeup acid burn

hood01_800.jpg

kinda looks like Freddy Krueger skin if you think about it

I like the evil little mutant rats that are popping up in the street construction. I fully expect them to have their own FB fan pages soon, they will likely be this year's version of Ryan and Kevin the birds.

I'm not sure who made the page, but it's been around for two days now :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-the-Acid-Washed-Rat/251267434913559

• Mark M. changed the title to Acid Assault