Canyon of Dark Souls

Mark M.

It looks like the faces will have some ominous uplighting hitting them, we will just have to wait and see which color the lights will be though.

I agree with Jeramy, with the fog, lighting, and fire effects, this could end up being a pretty cool zone.

It's always the scare zones that seem to be lacking in the beginning that end up providing the best scares in the end. The original Midway of the Bizarre, everyone said "eh, it'll suck"...ended up being the one zone you couldn't get through without getting some kind of scare! ;)

I'm not counting this one out till I see it... :)

Better than i expected as i put this one dead last because of how short it looks but the funny thing is that is in my Top 3 for scarezones(like it's much of a surprised seeing our selection this year thus far) but still too small... but the scareactors made this zone i think without these great scareactors this would easily be lower but thank god these guys are not only trying but surpassing expectations everytime in enter.

Canyon of Dark Souls

-Another big surprise, as far as scare zones go

-The length is pretty meh, but some of the actors are still scaring outside of the "canyon" which helps

-The set-up for the stilts is ridiculously clever, seriously. I never would've thought of what they pulled off. Even with the stilts grounded (as they often were because of the rain), they found great hiding spots behind the curtains.

-The set may be simple, but I really think it works. It creates such contrast with the glows of actors' skulls... I really dig the costumes here.

-OMG, the music here is awesome! I'm pissed it doesn't appear to be on iTunes...

-The casts are second only to 7 in aggressiveness. There's a lot of chemistry in the cast here that allows for some wonderful double-teaming. The actors are also very dedicated to getting the maximum scare of you, as evidenced by many following me outside the zone!

-On my early runs through this zone, there was only a moderate amount of fog. Later, the zone was absolutely choked with fog to the point of blindness.... this may be sacrilege, but I honestly preferred it with the moderate fog. Either way is scary, though.

Suggestions for Improvement: Don't completely engulf the zone in fog. Keeping having an actor or two outside the Canyon on either end, helps extend the zone immensely.

Sets: A- (simply due to the cleverness of the stilt inclusion)

Costumes: A-

Atmosphere: A

Size: B

Scares: A+

Opening Weekend Grade: A

-OMG, the music here is awesome! I'm pissed it doesn't appear to be on iTunes...

We have it in the :) It's called "Catch 666" by Two Steps From Hell.

I like this zone a lot but you do have to be careful. I got football tackled by a scareactor who didn't see me coming on Saturday night. Almost fell. It's all good as he didn't mean to (he was going after some teenage girls and I was in the way).

This zone is near the top of my list. Even though I may not get scared every time I travel through. I get a sense of feeling nervous. The "Dark Souls" will stand in the middle forcing you to take a walk around them. I have the fear that one will jump towards me while also forgetting there on the sides as well. Standing back and just looking at this zone gives me a dark disturbing feeling. I do wish the zone was longer but that's not going to change. Though I have notice the "Dark Souls" will walk a little out of the zone. Which I believe helps to extend the zone.

yeah this zone has grown on me, I didn't like it before but now I Kinda love it,

I still really don't understand why they couldn't spread the zone more, I mean, make the wall panels between the giant skulls a little longer, seems like they could have totally done it, so seems like a dumb mistake

but I love the costumes and love the atmosphere, There was a lot of fog and a lot of air coming out from one of the walls, that was really good, the actors are great too,

So I am liking this zone, I like the feel of it,

And yeah No pictures aloud, there were a bunch of pissed off people about it, although there was one really nice actor that was posing for pics raising his arm, that was really nice,

I went through this zone a few times tonight. This zone gives me a creepy feeling. I found myself rushing out of this zone a few times. Definitely my favorite zone this year.

I agree. there is a creepy feeling, I don't know reminds me of something, like a movie or something

It Really is such a Shame that is so short though,If this house was done where 7 is that long with more actors, more skull creatures and more skulls it could have been amazing, kinda like Esqueleto Muerte but darker and scarier,

too bad, this is the shortest scarezone I think I've seen, i think is shorter than the luck zone

this could be call a Minizone lol :lol:

Congratulations to Canyon of Dark Souls for being my favorite zone this year!

Before my visit, I was pretty worried about the length of the zone. My concern turned out to be justified, however the actors in this zone make up for the limitations of the small space.

I enjoyed the lighting, fog, audio and actors in the zone. Most of the actors have good energy and give off an intimidating-vibe. The biggest aspect of the zone that stuck out to me was its consistency. The actors in here are constantly scaring or intimidating. If one of the "Souls" didn't try to scare me, I knew that it would not be long before a different one did. Not once did I walk through the zone and come out "un-targeted." The same cannot be said for many of the other zones. Keep up the great work!

I agree. there is a creepy feeling, I don't know reminds me of something, like a movie or something

It Really is such a Shame that is so short though,If this house was done where 7 is that long with more actors, more skull creatures and more skulls it could have been amazing, kinda like Esqueleto Muerte but darker and scarier,

too bad, this is the shortest scarezone I think I've seen, i think is shorter than the luck zone

this could be call a Minizone lol :lol:

To touch on this quickly. The "Canyon" isn't the entire zone. The zone is extended out on both sides, more so towards GE. Now, the zone was intended to be larger, but due to the near by concessions between GE and Canyon, this was unable to happen.

The zone makes due with what its got.

I really liked this zone. The energy was amazing! I got some of the best scares in this zone. Hiding behind the curtains really is awesome! Man some of the SA are tall and I mean TALL! Are you all that tall or is it apart of the costume?

I really liked this zone. The energy was amazing! I got some of the best scares in this zone. Hiding behind the curtains really is awesome! Man some of the SA are tall and I mean TALL! Are you all that tall or is it apart of the costume?

All the actors in the zone are over six one, I believe.

I was thinking the same thing. Some of those guys are ridiculously tall.

To touch on this quickly. The "Canyon" isn't the entire zone. The zone is extended out on both sides, more so towards GE. Now, the zone was intended to be larger, but due to the near by concessions between GE and Canyon, this was unable to happen.

The zone makes due with what its got.

aw, damn. that sucks if it was supposed to be longer,

I love it, kinda wish they did in front of Jimmy neutron, since it seems it needs to be narrow to work, or maybe it would have been cool where nightmaze either way i love it

Definitely deserves zone of the week! The only reason it didnt get my vote for best of the night (OCT. 9) was just the sheer effects of Acid that blew me away. I do agree it was a little too short for me. If there was an extra 5 feet on either side extended out, to make it feel a little mor enclosed, it would get my vote for zone of the year. The ominous feeling of the cloaks were insanely creepy. Great job to the scaractors tonight!

• Mark M. changed the title to Canyon of Dark Souls