Canyon of Dark Souls

Mark M.

This is one of the few scarezones that has stayed the same since the beginning of the event, and I feel that's a good thing. Still a lot of committed actors in here (the strongest part of the zone by far), usually lots of fog, and sometimes they extend the zone by having some of the actors walking around a few extra feet from the zone. I must say I'm really beginning to love this zone.

8.5/10

This was not a good place to be if you were a short person. lol! Everything in here was BIG and intimidating, from the "dark souls" that lined the path, to the big skulls on stilts, to the creatures roaming on the ground. I'm barely over 5 feet tall and I felt so tiny in here. I didn't get many scares, but I really enjoyed the atmosphere in this scarezone. The music was perfect for creating tension, and I couldn't get over how thick the fog was! There were times when I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. Not to mention it was pretty scary inching your way through the fog and having one of the big, staff wielding creatures suddenly loom up in front of you. D:

BTW, does anyone else think the stilt skulls look really funny without their stilts? There's something hilarious about having a big, goofy skull come running at you. One of them did scare me, but I couldn't help but giggle afterward :lol:

I have major props for the people that work this zone - you all keep getting better and better at utilizing your space and doing seriously creepy and startling scares. My only regret is that I don't do this zone more often. I learned early on that heavy fog + stilts + wheelchair = potential disaster for stilt actor. The poor stilt actors have bumped their stilts into the wheels or footrest section of the chair more than once, and I'm so concerned one of them might do a header that I'm scared to walk myself through here very often. And not the good kind of scared ;)

I also have kudos from the past weekend. On Friday I got at least one Nightmares shout out, and on Sunday, a special shout out from the side. One of the actors on the side gestured to my chair and said "You're missing a Nightmare!" I explained about Dead Uncle Fred, but I think I like the idea of a Missing Nightmare, too. Thank you, that was Most Excellent Fun!! :)

I have major props for the people that work this zone - you all keep getting better and better at utilizing your space and doing seriously creepy and startling scares. My only regret is that I don't do this zone more often. I learned early on that heavy fog + stilts + wheelchair = potential disaster for stilt actor. The poor stilt actors have bumped their stilts into the wheels or footrest section of the chair more than once, and I'm so concerned one of them might do a header that I'm scared to walk myself through here very often. And not the good kind of scared ;)

I also have kudos from the past weekend. On Friday I got at least one Nightmares shout out, and on Sunday, a special shout out from the side. One of the actors on the side gestured to my chair and said "You're missing a Nightmare!" I explained about Dead Uncle Fred, but I think I like the idea of a Missing Nightmare, too. Thank you, that was Most Excellent Fun!! :)

You were quick to respond to me. I'm glad you do enjoy the zone.

Also, the wheel chairs are difficult to see, but we've become more aware of them.

You were quick to respond to me. I'm glad you do enjoy the zone.

Also, the wheel chairs are difficult to see, but we've become more aware of them.

Thanks Mr Bungle; I had my suspicions of who I might be interacting with, but didn't want to presume. :)

I'm glad to hear that the wheelchairs may be a bit less hazardous for you than they were; I'll have to make sure to pass through tomorrow night. I'll just go slowly - they do say to walk slowly... right? :unsure:

I probably mentioned this in the shoutout thread, but keeping true to my posting last year, I've gotta say: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the stiltwalking scareactors. And <3 to the Vaulter who pointed at my shirt and snagged an awesome scare on my girlfriend using one of the cane guys.

Oh, and LOVE the cane guys. Seriously. The ones that sneak up from behind are simply the best. I never expect to see a cane come slamming down out of nowhere.

• 7 months later...

Very simple yet effective scarezone. Good cast here as well, both funny and delivered the scares. This was a great scarezone to watch and see the amount of scares that people got lol. Had me cracking up a few times. Good scares on both ends of the zone and in the fog filled center as well....MMMMMMMM fog filled center....sounds like a spooky halloween pastry lol. Loved the fire.

Edited by Mr.Grim

This picture is horrid, I look awful because we were rained on all night, and once the rain stopped I played cat and mouse with this guy all evening. We kept finding one another and pacing back and forth through the zone, until the picture was taken. Scareactors are awesome.

http://i1069.photobu...20/P9240053.jpg

Ive seen worse lol. I have seen some photos where you could not tell who was the scareactor.
  • Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Canyon of Dark Souls