Grown Evil

Mark M.

Great, alaborate scarezone. I love what they did with the Central Park area (definitely did NOT half as this, lots of detail...really feels like an overgrown park). You can tell the scareactors really tried to get scares but it didn't always work out. Still a great, enjoyable scarezone. 8/10

I loved this zone, I thought it was amazing, I loved the costumes, and I get that the actors cover their face and are acting like the animal they are depicting,

I Also know that Uni has really talented and amazing actors and actresses working for them, some of the best I've seen in a theme park, getting into their roles,

but,

I just wonder, what is going on with this zone? it seems to get worst by the day, half the animals just stand there, not scaring, not even moving, most of the scares come from the stilt actors, a lot of animals are just hiding, period,

This cannot be the actors' fault, but, I'm wondering, is it the location? does this location suck? or did Uni told the actors to hide like this? are they standing around and hiding on purpose? if that is the case then tha'ts fine, I would shut up about it, I just wish I understood what's going on here, is just odd, it almost seems like is on purpose to act like scared animals, or something,

there is a bat and a crow that stand against the wall and they keep talking to each other, lol, I think is funny, :) one time i tried to take a pic of them when they were talking and they both cover each other with their wings lol, saw them again yesterday, they were just talking again.

Edited by black mask

I can't get enough of this scarezone, its simply amazing. Music sets the tempo I'd say. & I also see those two also Black Mask, its pretty funny actually. Every time I go through this zone I try looking for Pumpkin but I either walk through at the wrong time or don't know where to look lol :P

I have heard people complain about the actors on facebook, or in the park sometimes, people say rude things too, but This Cannot be the actors' fault like I said, I still don't believe it, there is something else going on, but at the same time, this zone feels empty at times, and is not empty for lack of actors, all the actors are there, they're just hiding most of the time, I don't know. That plus the lack of pictures, totally ruining this zone for me,

Edited by black mask

I think I've been looking at the zone the wrong way. Last year, Escuelte Muerte (sorry, my French is terrible) was an absolutely charming and eerie zone, and I think just right for the area it was situated in. Yes, they added the ninjas after a couple of weeks (always fun), but I loved the atmosphere and characters here. I'm starting to look at Grown Evil the same way. It is haunting, creepy, yet really lovely in a disturbing way. I like watching the actors fulfill their bird and bat type roles, and some have got the movements down cold.

I also have to shout out to a raven/crow/black-type-of-bird actor in here. I find it amazing how an avian creature can snort so well. In my ear. Every. Time. I love the attention, even if I do need Q-tips :P

It got better here this couple of days, the actors are moving more and they are scaring more, looking at this zone i think is just hard to work on, today at 6:30 or something when the park was not as crowded almost all the actors were in the zone moving like the animals they were portraying, and out in the open, which was so cool,my favorite still are the crows, their head tilts just Kill Me! :)

but then as the night got more crowded i started seeing some actors start to hide behind the trees while the street just got so crowded, some of the actors that were in the street scaring had a hard time moving,

like I said before, I really don't think the actors were at fault here before at all, is the location and the fact that there is only one sidewalk, that no one uses, like, ever.

but Im glad to see this zone improved

Today was the best day for this zonese, this zone today was at its full potential, the park was kinda empty, so the actors had space to move all around the zone, which they did. I didnt really see any of the actors really hiding this time behind the trees or anything, and some people were able to get some pictures, I tried to catch a couple of pics with my phone, lol but unfortunately they are the worst quality pics because of the phone, i just never brought my regular camera to the park again, which is a shame.

there were a lot of scares and the actors were never posing with anyone for pictures but kept moving. It was a really good balance and it was really good way for this zone to end, i am glad I was able to go and see this today because it made me love the zone again.

Edited by black mask

• 7 months later...

What the hell happened here? This zone was amazing, great scareactors, costuming, environment, execution etc. Im wondering who told these guys to hide their face at people trying to take pics. Take a leaf out of 7's book (and for many many many other past SZ's for that matter) and just dont stop to pose, REMAIN IN CHARACTER. If someone is walking by and taking a picture whats the big deal as long as your not blinding a stiltwalker, especially if your camera can do flashless night shots, as most newer cameras can now. Even the flashless photos were turned away from. I took the time to ask the sacrezone manager who I saw there on multiple nights (the blonde woman), she said that they (scareactors) were not told to turn, that the only ones who were advised to look away were the stiltwalkers. So, could someone who wroked this zone shed some light on this, THIS IS BAD FORM. I enjoyed this zone immensely and had the opportunity to go through it a couple times with very minimal crowd and it was tops. It seemed as though most times when I walked through the scareactors were more worried about turning away from anyone with a camera (with or without flash) than playing their character. I have been to HHN many many many times and I have never witnessed this- to this extent. Good scarezone but Bad taste left in my mouth. But on a positive note, holy crap the crow had her movements down pat lol.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

This was tied for my favorite scarezone of HHN 21. I loved the mixture of stilt walkers & scareactors in this zone, it really made me feel like there was something watching you from every angle. This zone was good duing the daylight but worked so much better when it got dark outside. A pair of owl scareactors did a great job of utilizing the plants during the dark by hiding in the bushes and jumping out at me from both sides!

• Mark M. changed the title to Grown Evil