Grown Evil

Mark M.

Do they play music from silent hill in this scae zone? I could have sworn that was where the music was from but I'm not sure.

yes they do i believe the songs called reprise or something like that it sounds excellent in this zone,though i havent gone yet but it was mentioned last night at rumors and i dont remember the exact name of the song but its defenitely silent hill. this the only year that ive actually loved the music enough to care about it

Edited by foREVer56

yes they do i believe the songs called reprise or something like that it sounds excellent in this zone,though i havent gone yet but it was mentioned last night at rumors and i dont remember the exact name of the song but its defenitely silent hill. this the only year that ive actually loved the music enough to care about it

The song names are in here :)

ehhh It was ok...I like how some scareactors fit into the bushes and came out and scared. But I think I need to go through it a couple more times because it dident really seem all that great ?? the costumes are amazing though. It kind of reminds me of Harvest Of The Souls without the pumpkins

On Friday and Saturday this was probably my lowest ranking zone. I got 0 scares, that I can remember. I'm assuming the actors are being told to not take photos too, so, you have a zone with no scares, no photos, no new concepts.

Of course, things can change, and I hope they will. With all the fog it's a very nice area. However, walking in the middle of this zone gives you a pretty small chance of having an actor come after you. Even when I walked this zone on the ends, there wasn't much movement.

This zone, however, does have cool costumes.

Grown Evil

-Easily the loveliest sets/atmosphere of the event

-The costumes, too, are grand and deserve special praise. I'm glad to see The Raven costume is used here

-Sadly, the scares aren't very plentiful. The actors here simply aren't aggressive at all - atmospheric, yes, maybe a bit creepy from afar, but they rarely seem to go for scares. Most of them stand off to the side, which means if you go through the center of the path (read: most people), you're not going to get a scare

-No stilts really hurts this zone. Lots of rain this weekend so I saw it with and without stilts... stilts bring a balance to the zone and make sense given the winged nature of our beasts.

-I did get a couple scares in the daytime opening weekend, but that was sadly it. THe casts here need to pump up the aggressiveness 200%, this has the potential to be an incredible zone

-Props to those with the wings, though - you all know how to use your wings effectively. It's a nice meld of cool/creepy

-Scare zone to watch. Right now it's just a creepy walk-through: it could (and should) be terrifying.

Suggestions for improvement: Like I said, scare actors, you have all the tools you need... be AGGRESSIVE. You've got some of the scariest costumes in the event, use them to your advantage. Get in people's faces, be everywhere at once, make unsettling noises. You can do it!

Sets: A

Costumes: A

Atmosphere: A+

Size: B+

Scares: C-

Opening Weekend Grade: B

Every time I walk into this zone and say to myself. It's nice but lacks on scares. Someone scares me. But not to throw out praises. It only happens one time through the whole zone. I agree with the rest. It has everything their to be a great zone just needs some scares added.

After hanging out in there for a while on Friday I noticed something weird. The ravens were easily the most effective when it came to getting scares, but not because they were particularly aggressive or good at hiding. Rather, their strategy seemed to consist of standing out in the open, spotting a good target, walking straight up to them, and stopping dead in the person's path. And it would work. Time and time again it would work.

What the Hell did I just see?

I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills - it seemed to me like there were two costumes here: a scareactor on stilts wearing a silly bird costume and a scareactor not on stilts wearing a silly bird costume. The stilted ones were every third set piece, and they would flap their wings every few seconds. The non-stilted ones came out from behind every other set piece. And that was it.

I kept thinking Aquaman:superheroes::Grown Evil:scarezone ....

I went through it twice and it was even sillier the second time. But I still think I must've missed something. Right?

Their are bats but they...are overlook in the dark places. They don't come out to often.

Also why is it every time I walk by the "Pin Tent House" area there is always a bat or a raven just sitting in the dark. Please move out once and a while.

I shall travel through this zone a lot this weekend. I hope it's changed for the better.

I praised this zone a lot since the beginning, But now I see what everyone is saying, the actors are very seclusive, they hide and i didn't see much scares today, Especially the bats, they tend to hide in their wings a lot, the bird guys are doing a good job, this zone is very dark and gets kinda crowded, so the creatures missing is more evident since what you see around you is other people,

well, bats owls tend to be nocturnal seclusive creatures in general so maybe they are trying to stay true to that :mellow: ?

also another thing i noticed, the actors seemed to stay at the edges of the zone, like next to the sidewalks, only acouple of owls and some bats at the beginning are walking the zone, but, the times i went, the other creatures were just by the sides, either next to the sidewalks or next to the black fences by the grass, and usually using their wings to hide,

i still love the zone, just wish the creatures came out to play more often, not even need to scare but at least walk around the zone

I had very high expectations for Grown Evil. The concept paired with the zone's location seemed to almost guarantee success. ALMOST....

First, the zone is a bit too dark. Many of the actors/costumes go unnoticed just due to the lighting.

Second, some of the actors are just too passive. I understand the zone is supposed to create an eerie and spooky vibe, but far too often did I witness actors "hiding" in the dark for much too long.

The zone is by no means a total failure, I just saw a lot of room for improvement. Hopefully people's perceptions of this zone will improve over the coming weeks.

Before last Friday, this was my favorite zone.

After last Friday, this zone has dropped to almost last. We walked through multiple times, different casts, (even trekking from the opposite side if the park a few times) and there was maybe 1-2 actors attempting to actually scare (or at least do something other than hanging out by their plant)

Still love the ambience, but the actors working this zone must have been on Ludes or something.

Will try it again on the 21st...

Before last Friday, this was my favorite zone.

After last Friday, this zone has dropped to almost last. We walked through multiple times, different casts, (even trekking from the opposite side if the park a few times) and there was maybe 1-2 actors attempting to actually scare (or at least do something other than hanging out by their plant)

Still love the ambience, but the actors working this zone must have been on Ludes or something.

Will try it again on the 21st...

lol :lol:

and yeah, this went from my favorite of the event to my 3rd favorite of the year. canyon became better fast, lots of scares, great atmosphere.

7 sucks for me but, yeah a lot more enthusiasm, acid assault, amazing, even the actors in nightmaze seem to have a better time than grown evil, is a shame, this makes me a little sad actually,

But like I said in my post before. seems like the actors are really trying to act like the animals they are depicting, hiding in the shadows from people, specially the bats, they are the ones that hide the most out of everyone

I must say having no stilts really hurts this zone.

there were before, I remember a bat and a crow Stilt actors,

Really, really beautiful and atmospheric. I had more of a creeped out feeling here than anything else - I thought I'd get some major scares because it was really hard to see through all of the fog, so I was really paranoid walking through it, but I didn't get a single scare here.

And I don't care.

Because sometimes you just have to sit back and admire how incredible something looks.

The fog, the overgrown plants, the scareactors that almost seemed to merge with their surrounding foliage... really immersive stuff, way better than I would have expected from a scarezone. It actually felt a bit like a house, because once I was in it I felt cut off from the rest of the park. The fog was a huge part of that. Normally that much fog would annoy me, making it hard to see any detail, but here it absolutely made the zone.

I agree with pretty much everything that has been said, I can't say much else. Scaractors seemed to just hide I'm shadows. Which is great if you come out to scare... Stilt walkers, gotta hand it to ya, there was a group in front of me and so much fog that I looked up and saw this creepy ass winged bat (with perfect wing movements, by the way) and would have sworn there was something flying over everyone. Took me a few seconds before I actually saw the stilts. But as far as atmosphere goes, a much welcomed change of pace from the pumpkin-lined road, in my opinion. Something new and eerie looking. I will say this: there could have been a little more street props in the center of the road, giving the scaractors more "hiding places" to work with. Trees, shrubbery, etc.

By day, this wasn't much to look at. By night, it transformed into a very beautiful, eerie garden taken over by night creatures. Ravens, owls and bats abound here. This was another one where I didn't get scared much, but I could appreciate the atmosphere. Like Canyon, the fog was really thick, and the scareactors made good use of it, unexpectedly "flying" out at people. I really liked the music, and the costumes on the scareactors were nice. The bats were sooo cute!

Lately I've noticed that too many of the scares are being attempted by the stilt-walkers, which really irritates me because frankly.. stilts AREN'T that scary. That doesn't mean that none of the scares can come from them, but I feel the stilt-walkers should be moving about the zone flapping their wings and providing more of an "aerial" distraction so that the scareactors on the ground can come out and make the scares happen. Just sayin..

Sidenote: LOVE the costumes and ambiance, scare tactics are my only complaint

Edited by HallowFan

• Mark M. changed the title to Grown Evil