Grown Evil

Mark M.

After seeing those statues pictured in this scarezone I had a thought. Wouldn't this be the perfect place to have scareactors made up like those street performers who stand perfectly still like statues until someone walks past then jumps out at them. You know, the ones who's skin and costume are painted the same colour as stone etc. I think at night, well placed that would be very effective.

After seeing those statues pictured in this scarezone I had a thought. Wouldn't this be the perfect place to have scareactors made up like those street performers who stand perfectly still like statues until someone walks past then jumps out at them. You know, the ones who's skin and costume are painted the same colour as stone etc. I think at night, well placed that would be very effective.

I had the very same thought! Similiar to what was done over at IOA one year where the scareactors blended in so well with the rocks that you had no clue someone was there until they jumped out at you. And like you said, especially at night, this type of camouflage would be incredibly effective. Should be interesting to see what types of make up and costumes are placed in this zone!

I had the very same thought! Similiar to what was done over at IOA one year where the scareactors blended in so well with the rocks that you had no clue someone was there until they jumped out at you. And like you said, especially at night, this type of camouflage would be incredibly effective. Should be interesting to see what types of make up and costumes are placed in this zone!

With the statute that's already there I would say we have about an 90 percent chance of a living statue in this zone.

I was thinking that the "Canyon" of Lost Souls might be fake rocks that would make that costume come back....but obviously that idea's been shot to hell :)

That is my second all time scare from HHN...behind Treeman who scared the BEJESUS out of me one year. It was still daylight so we were running through taking pictures so we wouldn't ruin stuff later with a flash and he was "shadowing me" and I was like, "I KNOW this tree wasn't here before!" and then he jumped. That was the best one ever.

Rockman jumped out to scare a group of girls ahead of me, but it was so startling to see it...when there's a giant rock wall you're brain ASSUMES nothing is going to jump out of it...second best scare ever in 6 years at HHN, and the Scareactor wasn't even going after anybody in my group. Ha ha ha.

Yeah, I can't wait to experience this zone first hand. It's already beautiful during the day (had the pleasure of walking thru it on my last trip to USF) so i can't imagine how flippin awesome it's going to be at night (with the fog effects and snit!!!). Definitely my most anticipated scarezone!

Hmmm. I'm assuming the audio loop is from a recognizable, "popular' horror film. One presumably released during Generation Y (which ranges anywhere from the 1975 - the early 2000s). Could you maybe narrow it down a bit? HUGE movie nerd here, so I will probably get it right away...but I always enjoy a good guessing game before the event starts. Or maybe PM me a few more hints if you wish.

Edited by cwoolboy

I will say this... We have a very interesting background audio loop. A large portion of it should be recognizable for most Generation Y horror enthusiasts. Props if you know it right away because it even took me a few minutes to nail it.

Would this be a horror film from the 2006-ish time frame?

Hmmm. I'm assuming the audio loop is from a recognizable, "popular' horror film. One presumably released during Generation Y (which ranges anywhere from the 1975 - the early 2000s). Could you maybe narrow it down a bit? HUGE movie nerd here, so I will probably get it right away...but I always enjoy a good guessing game before the event starts. Or maybe PM me a few more hints if you wish.

Perhaps not something made in their generation, but something they would be of age to appreciate upon conception.

Would this be a horror film from the 2006-ish time frame?

: 3

Cross Idiom.

*runs back into the shadows but trips because her equilibrium is that of a toddler's*

I'm hoping it'll get better as the event goes on. I got one really good scare, but at other points, there was just people sitting/standing around. We expected them to pop up and attack but nothing. :( I'm going to give it another try once it officially opens. :)

Absolutely LOVED this scare zone!!! The ambiance in it is amazing! I like the fact that all the scareactors aren't hiding, there are many just walking around being part of the zone itself. Those are the ones who distract while the others come in for the scare.

Beautiful scenery/lighting and audio...gorgeous costumes...VERY well done and I believe will only improve as the event moves forward.

A really good use of the central park area. Succeeds beautifully in making the whole thing feel like an overgrown garden/park. I was surprised by the abundance of female scareactors in here (They FAR outnumber the male scareactors here) and what's more...most seemed pretty good looking. Liking the blue lighting, and (as I suspected) copious amounts of fog. Some pretty good scare potential in here (I was pretty creeped out in here, few good scares). Overall I think I'll definitely be spending more time in this zone over the course of this event.

lol I'm afraid it's not Evil Bong.

Totally separate story, but in 2008 we watched Idle Hands one night during our breaks. I'd never seen it before. That movie is almost as ridiculous as Evil Bong. hah

I'm almost embarrassed to say I own that too. Both Idle Hands and Evil Bong are worth watching for the cheese factor.

I'm excited for this zone now that I've heard a bit more about it. I really wasn't intrigued when I first heard about this one. It seems like from what the people who have seen it are saying I'm going to enjoy it.

• Mark M. changed the title to Grown Evil