Grown Evil

Mark M.

grown_evil.png.1a49a11822e3efe2e110f2eef7eec46e.png

Enter, if you dare, into our garden where Evil grows. Nature has taken this once well manicured sanctuary back from the humans who once kept it. Now the creatures that inhabit the garden are making any human that enters their prey!

Ever since I realized that this zone is going into the Central Park area (for lack of a better term), I have been most thrilled to witness Grown Evil in person!!!! The pic posted to this thread got my blood pumping!!! I have always loved this area, and to see Uni. putting even MORE plants and topiaries into it to make it more overgrown....man, I'm just beside myself with excitement. I have no doubt that this has a high chance of winning scarezone of the year!!! All Uni. needs to do now is pump in copious amounts of mist and fog and add in a good deal of creepy sound effects/music and we'll be good.

Edited by cwoolboy

I could not agree with you more Cwoolboy. Tight walking area in a scare-zone always gives me the creeps. That fear of not knowing on which side will the creatures strike. Now if those creatures could blend in so well. This could very well be top scare-zone for me. The only problem I for see is that area is known to be quite a busy pathway. So they won't have much room to scare and please I would hope guest will not be running in fear.

I'm really excited for this zone! I always remember going to Universal in Spain many years ago, before I even knew Halloween Horror Nights existed and going to their version of it and one room in one of the houses was like a greenhouse, with rows of bushes with plants coming out and touching you and people jumping out. So I have high expectations for this, obviously this is on a much bigger scale and in a much more open space, but yeah could definitely be interesting...so roll on October I say!!! ;)

I'm really excited for this zone! I always remember going to Universal in Spain many years ago, before I even knew Halloween Horror Nights existed and going to their version of it and one room in one of the houses was like a greenhouse, with rows of bushes with plants coming out and touching you and people jumping out. So I have high expectations for this, obviously this is on a much bigger scale and in a much more open space, but yeah could definitely be interesting...so roll on October I say!!! ;)

The open space isn't a problem. This being in central park and I'm sure they'll LOAD it up with fog like they did when actors were there. (School house)

On a side note, the link in your signature does not lead to any picture. Also, just when you get a working link to whatever picture you want, it'd be [img ]IMAGE-LINK-HERE[/img ] . Without the spaces of course. If you want the image centered it'd be [center ][img ]IMAGE-LINK-HERE[/img ][/center ] .

It's nice to see this area getting the full on scare zone treatment once again. Very tight quarters make for some of the best scares available. I can see this being a lot like the old school Midway of the Bizarre, filled with so much fog you can't see your hand in front of your face, and no matter where you are on that side of the park that night, hear screams emitting from this area. That's MY kinda scare zone right there! ;)

It's nice to see this area getting the full on scare zone treatment once again. Very tight quarters make for some of the best scares available. I can see this being a lot like the old school Midway of the Bizarre, filled with so much fog you can't see your hand in front of your face, and no matter where you are on that side of the park that night, hear screams emitting from this area. That's MY kinda scare zone right there! ;)

What she said :)

I'm spacing which year it was, but one year they had you blinded with fog in Central Park, and some of the trash cans were actually scareactors - great scares! This was way back when they had benches in Central Park. I miss the benches :(

ETA: After Googling it, it looks like this was Apocalypse Island in 2000.

• Mark M. changed the title to Grown Evil