Nightmaze

Mark M.

Nightmaze is going great! No bias at all....

As for the taller SA's, one cast has much taller people than the other. Height can play a role, but it just depends on how you work the zone. One would be amazed how effective a shorter person can be in being sneaky and getting good scares.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I initially heard about the concept of Nightmaze I was very intrigued. After thinking about it for a little while I became very concerned about the logistical issues that were sure to arise when the concept became reality. While I do think that the zone could be better with more "configurations" and possibly a different light sequence, I thoroughly enjoyed my many trips through during last weekend.

The zone really surprised me in a good way. I went in expecting a giant cluster****, and came away very impressed. The actors, tall and short, use their environment wonderfully. The fog, blinding light and (almost) complete darkness all contribute to creating a fun and scary zone.

To the actor height discussion, I will add that I was impressed by the one or two actors who towered over me (I am 6'1"). They especially made an impact when I was expecting a shorter actor to be around the next fence and then bam, I'd walk into a big dude. The shorter actors also do a great job and I enjoyed the blend of heights in the zone.

Nightmaze ranked as my #2 most enjoyable zone this year.

This zone was much more fun to me this past Friday than it was opening weekend. Friday night a quite mischevious SA trapped my friends and I from exiting and it was great. I look forward to trying it again at the end of the month.

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by this maze/scarezone. I really dig it. Even though you may not get a lot of scares (really depends on when you walk through it) it still manages to put you on edge as you walk thrugh it. Nothing is certain, and it can be pretty hard to see the scareactors here. As I was nearing the exit a (female?) scareactor ran up behind me and screamed in my ear, very good scare since I felt like I was just about safe when it happened...great job! This one is dangerously close to becoming my favorite scarezone of the event.

9/10

Extremely disappointed with this. Had nothing to do with actors or anything, since the entire night there were none. I walked through three times throughout the night, at different times, to see if they had added the scaractors for the night. They were never there. Every other scarezone had actors in it, even in the "mist" rain. I don't know who makes the call as to when to pull scaractors from the streets, but whoever made the decision to not put anyone in this zone all night made a horrible call. I'm extremely disappointed that I couldn't experience this zone, when all the other zones were just fine having actors on the streets. If it were a safety issue with wet streets, I guess I could understand that. But then again, isn't teenage girls running from chainsaws on wet roads a hazard too?

Edited by JONNYFXM

If you went on Saturday I'm surprised that they had ANY of the scarezones running....it was raining non-stop (I wasn't there on Sat.). That said, maybe it's because it's harder to see in there and they didn't want the possibility of anyone getting hurt. It is pretty hard to see in there, so add guests and scareactors and it could have potentially become a hazard. At least, that's my guess.

My first impression of this scarezone was "meh". As the weekend progressed (I was there from Oct. 6-9), I found myself enjoying it more and more, and it eventually found its way near the top of my list. The scareactors here make or break it, and if you encounter some aggressive/playful ones, you're in for a good time. I still love the scareactor who chased me through the maze twice... he was so cute <3 I spent my last few minutes on Sunday just running back and forth between this scarezone and 7. It was so much fun!

edit: Jonny, are you referring to Sunday the 9th? Almost every time I came through Nightmaze that night, it had scareactors, so I don't understand why you never saw them. I do know that around 10 PM, it started raining harder and they pulled all the street people. They pulled them all around 12:30 too, despite the rain being a drizzle... maybe things got too "wet" (I saw them drying the stages off in 7). I'm sorry you missed out :(

Edited by Stumpy

Even though this zone isn't my favorite this year, Nightmaze isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Many of the actors were giving it their all the nights I went. They really do blend in well with the black. Got a few good scares while walking through. I wish that they had something that could make noises though.

Even though this zone isn't my favorite this year, Nightmaze isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Many of the actors were giving it their all the nights I went. They really do blend in well with the black. Got a few good scares while walking through. I wish that they had something that could make noises though.

yaeah put a chainsaw in tht zone come on!

Ok, this is scarezone of the year for me. Minimal theming but such a damn tense atmosphere. These scareactors could be lurking behind any corner, and any wall could close in front of you at any moment...really great sense of suspense and tension here. I definitely got a few scares in this zone over the course of the event. 10/10

• 2 weeks later...

I have gotten soooo many great scares, despite the simple design! I love the music and the blinding light. Early in the month I was Iiterally was blinded for 5 seconds making me the perfect traget. Though the maze part was lacking in my experience, the SAs were always improving the zone over the month, blending so perfectly into the walls! I also got great interaction on Halloween, which hardly happened in the other scarezones. I loved the SA's at the entrances of the zone :) Moving left and right trying to enter the zone past an SA was fun along with a pointing contest with an SA at the other entrance made my Halloween night, Thank you :)

• 7 months later...

I thought this scarezone was good as long as it was not crowded. It was a neat concept, but only marginally effective, too much open space. It was a nice change for a scarezone. I had maybe one good scare in this zone. Some good atmosfear though.

• Mark M. changed the title to Nightmaze