Nightmaze

Mark M.

I still have a little bit of hope left that it might pull through. We still haven't seen what it looks like with the walls opened up, with fog, lights, or scaracters.

I agree with you Goo. Seeing it in the daytime without the lights and effects could be a different story once the night falls.

I was excited before but now it's on my wait and see list.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fear Factor was suppose to be an all black maze in 2002, but it proved nearly impossible for guests to efficiently navigate, so they added lights. Pitch Black in 2001 was similar, but only lit up as scares occurred. I doubt Universal will attempt a full black maze again (though it would be awesome) because they don't work with the amount of people who go through a night.

The problem with these houses, at least was the case with Pitch Black, is people just stop walking trying to feel their way and line would always get jammed up. However, one effect was utilized in this house and would like to see again in a 'dark' style house. This was where random rooms would have really bright lights turn on thus rending everyone in that vicinity blind for some time thereafter. Freaked the hell out of me.

The problem with these houses, at least was the case with Pitch Black, is people just stop walking trying to feel their way and line would always get jammed up. However, one effect was utilized in this house and would like to see again in a 'dark' style house. This was where random rooms would have really bright lights turn on thus rending everyone in that vicinity blind for some time thereafter. Freaked the hell out of me.

they did that for the Freddy house in 07,

Scared the crap out me, i could not see where i was going and i was really afraid of encountering freddy lol

Oh man...FLASHBACKS!!! Asylum was my first ever scarezone and it scared the BLEEP outta me. Those spinning lights really disoriented me, and that terrified me (I felt so vulnerable). I really hope if those are the same ones used in asylum that Uni. uses them to achieve the same effect here.

Edited by cwoolboy

I still have a little bit of hope left that it might pull through. We still haven't seen what it looks like with the walls opened up, with fog, lights, or scaracters.

I'm with you on this one, I think it may have a ton of potential once we see it all put together. Sometimes the simplest of concepts, such as this one with fog, disorienting lighting, etc. can provide the best all around scares.

I figured they were. I envisioned this zone to be somewhat similar. Heavy fog and disorienting lighting.

So in essence, same concept as Asylum...but with moving walls and heavier fog? Using the disorienting lighting as a means to blind guests, thus making them "night blind" so to speak...could be very good or suck royally. Again, I'll have to reserve my final opinion after I see it during employee preview and then again opening weekened.

Ugh, I'm so behind on the event this year (usually I follow it more faithfully) and now I'm kicking myself for not having followed it more. This maze sound incredible, and I'm really hoping that it is pulled off without a hitch. To me this seems like it could be like one of those things that is either one of the main highlights of HHN 21 or a let down. I'm hoping for a huge success.

I love this concept. It sounds awesome and I really hope they pull it off. But it's really hard to pull off "total darkness" in a SZ. There's always lighting in the streets as well as bleed over light from nearby parts of the park (not to mention safety concerns). I have a hard time imagining them getting it dark enough for it to work as advertised. I hope they do because it sounds great. I just think it might lose something in the execution. What say you?

But they get total points for trying something new and unique.

I love this concept. It sounds awesome and I really hope they pull it off. But it's really hard to pull off "total darkness" in a SZ. There's always lighting in the streets as well as bleed over light from nearby parts of the park (not to mention safety concerns). I have a hard time imagining them getting it dark enough for it to work as advertised. I hope they do because it sounds great. I just think it might lose something in the execution. What say you?

But they get total points for trying something new and unique.

You do have a point there, it is kinda hard to pull of "total darkness" in a scarezone BUT it's easier to pull it off in Shrek alley. I've been attending HHN since '08 and the scarezones in Shrek alley have always been the darkest ones. I think they could pull "Nightmaze" off pretty well..or decent.

And well as Goo said they have added the lights (used in Asylum in Wonderland) to this scareozne but I hope they use a strobe like effect =P

... a lot of people are gonna be dissspointed with this lil guy.

Um, yeap they sure are.

Unless they change things up, this one is...YAWN...kinda boring.

Sure it's a great filler for Shrek Alley and all, but it definitely wasn't what I was expecting. At all.

• Mark M. changed the title to Nightmaze