Mark M.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest kiwisoup

Nobody has mentioned anything about the markings on the ground in the house image. Do you think they will be somehow incorporated? I think it would be really disorienting if the walls of the maze were literally changing AS you were navigating through them, but there is the whole safety aspect to think about. I'm not really that concerned about moving parts, but there's always people out there that are going to find some way to hurt themselves.

Nobody has mentioned anything about the markings on the ground in the house image. Do you think they will be somehow incorporated? I think it would be really disorienting if the walls of the maze were literally changing AS you were navigating through them, but there is the whole safety aspect to think about. I'm not really that concerned about moving parts, but there's always people out there that are going to find some way to hurt themselves.

The markings are math equations... quantum physics.

I'm guessing it is a reference to time distortion, black holes, etc.

JWFearman.....you rock for noticing that! I complete overlooked that. The black hole / time distortion would explain the shift in the pathway as you walk through it.

Simply we can break it down. It's a maze not a open scare-zone, All Black Maze (very interesting), Changes while you walk through it (Perhaps they will only allow a certain amount of people through) and Not scared the same "Way" twice ( We already know the scare-actors will be able to shift sides)

Does anybody think there will be anymore props added to the maze other than lights and structure?

If we get just people dressed in black, I'll be pretty disappointing.. I want some type of ghoul or goblin character, witch a b/w skin tone or maybe some black light paint on them. We'll for sure see the ninjas, but if that's all I think the zone will be a flop. That just isn't enough for my tastes.

This should prove to be an interesting zone, but I'm with Goo on this one...there needs to be some type of b/w skin tone or the random character to throw you off while walking through it.

I do foresee many scare-actors in this zone getting hit on a consistent basis each night because well, you know people won't expect to be scared in a completely blacked out scare zone, right?

Agree with the topic of it being more than blacked-out scare-actors. Though If this turns out to be a success.

What are the odds of us seeing this concept as a house in the following years?

If this zone is a success, then I could definitely see it being worked into a full fledged house in the coming years. It sounds very promising and the idea of an entirely blacked-out house is very intriguing. To me, that which can't be seen is much, much more frightening than that which can.

If this zone is a success, then I could definitely see it being worked into a full fledged house in the coming years. It sounds very promising and the idea of an entirely blacked-out house is very intriguing. To me, that which can't be seen is much, much more frightening than that which can.

Couldn't agree with you more, Hush! I've been dying for an all black house that uses sound and touch. I think taking away the ability to see is extremely scary.

Fear Factor was suppose to be an all black maze in 2002, but it proved nearly impossible for guests to efficiently navigate, so they added lights. Pitch Black in 2001 was similar, but only lit up as scares occurred. I doubt Universal will attempt a full black maze again (though it would be awesome) because they don't work with the amount of people who go through a night.

Pitch Black was done well, Fear Factor was probably one of my least favorite houses. Ever.

It would be great if they offered a fully blacked out house as an additional in-park ticketed option, like Alone at HOS. That way it would still be doable by limiting the number of tickets sold each night and individuals who are in the house at one time.

I didn't go to HHN until 2004, but WISH I was there for an all black house!

My first year had Disentorium or whatever it was, and that was a mindf**k of a house. It was amazing, we got lost, and it really freaked us out a bit. I chalk that partially up to our first time ever going, but nothing has been like that since.

I seemed to have started going a year before the event BLEW UP and the Conga Lines going through each house now pretty much make it impossible to have such a house....

....unless they incorporate it into an Alone/Extreme house.

Ha ha ha....let's not start that conversation here.

From everything I heard about this zone from rehearsals? Yeah... not looking too good...

Wow, there were already rehearsals here? Since the moving walls are integral to the zone, I'd hazard that what you see is what you get, people. This isn't really a maze. I knew I got too much of a Cold Blind Terror vibe from this...

• Mark M. changed the title to Nightmaze