Nightmaze

Mark M.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(Question is for anyone that thinks they know or wants to speculate)

How do you guys think they will be able to change the layout of the maze throughout the night? It's obvious that these fences are able to swing and change positions, but it seems like they would need to clear all of the people out of the way for safety reasons. Would they change automatically, or have ops or actors move them?

I'm excited about this zone for the reason that it seems very unique, it may end up being a gimmick, but I'm glad that they are trying something new. I'm hoping that this zone will be very dark and disorienting. Also this scarezone may have the potential for better scares since you most likely won't be able to see the actors from a distance.

I have two potential issues with this maze.

1) How often will the change occur, and in how many varieties? This is huge, as it's the gimmick. Will they be occurring at every cast change? (That would be fine, IMO.) How much can the walls truly move around to create different variations? Safety's a big thing here, and I feel like the maze variation will be almsot nonexistent when the place is crowded. Not sure how they plan on separating groups, either.

2) What creatures are actually populating the maze? Is it just going to be black hooded actors? Since that seems a tad lame - hopefully they have some sort of cool design. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, but something a little more advanced than blended in hoods.

According to the voting thread, this scarezone seems like it is highly anticipated. Like others, however, I fear that it may be too bland. It should be fairly easy to figure out how many variations there are if construction is finalized in the zone. My guess would be something like 6-8 variations, assuming that they add in a few more props that could possibly slide around. Let's just hope that they aren't simply hooded figures!

it would be cool if they paint the walls with black and white patterns, and then have the actors with suits of the same patterns, just black kinda sucks, I guess is going to be just black

and, even if they don't change that many times the paths, I wont be upset about it, sounds complicated enough, if for some reason they end up changing paths a couple of times a night, that would be that horrible, I mean, is a new idea, I just think they dropped the ball if they don't do the patterns, that would be cool and more disoriented

Yeah I feel the same way... but the description says it's an "all black maze" which makes me think it will be ALL BLACK... maybe some cool laser effects or something could make it a little more disorienting. I'd kind of like to see them cover the hole maze with something, sort of like in Containment...

This maze could prove to either be amazing or completely lame. It's all going to come down to a few different elements, where they decide to place the maze...the larger the area, the more room to make the changes which is the major factor of this concept. The ambiance presented is another...a completely black maze, for me at least, would be about as much fun as trying to walk through my house with no power in the middle of the night. I'm more than likely to get pissed off by stubbing my toe than be scared by someone.

There is a great deal of leeway right now with how this particular concept can turn out, hopefully after employee preview and opening weekend it will be tweaked and will prove it deserves the hype it has gained thus far.

It's in shrek alley

Thanks Jeramy! :) I haven't had a chance to really check out the map yet of where everything is located at thsi year. That could prove to be a great location or a completely horrendous one...again depending on how many differentiations they plan on having in one single evening.

It's a large enough space to allow for a great deal of variation, but still tight enough to provide a good intimate scare experience.

I guess the next question will be the overall ambiance...if it is completely black versus something with a little color.

This brings to my mind both Pitch Black (for the black/dark part) and Run (for the changing pathways). I can't imagine that, being outside, it could be as dark as Pitch Black, plus there were almost no actors in that one. But, even though a lot of people didn't seem to like that house, I really rather enjoyed it.

Run was in a brightly lit house, so that part is completely dissimilar, but they did have different pathways you had to go. It was mostly a case of an actor barring your way, then pulling a gate closed, forcing you to go a different way. Again, this was a house I really enjoyed. I'm thinking that, between shutting off certain accessways and moving other walls on a hinge and/or angle, that the maze might be able to morph more often than at shift changes.

Those were both a lot of years ago, but I'm thinking they have had this past experience that they can build on. Get the scareactors in there, build the atmosphere, get some great sound effects (I loved the sounds in Pitch Black, even when it made me nauseous), and get some great stealth on. This is probably my most anticipated SZ, and I'm really hoping for great things.

Like others, though, I hope the maze doesn't end up horribly crowded with guests, which could turn it into a huge clusterfudge.

Well in the northeast black mazes are common but the thing about it is things hanging in the way. Or moving panels on ball bearings in the floor, or claustrophobia air bags. It's all about disorienting the guest I'm not sure that outdoors a black maze will work.

Edited by Carnagefan

This is what they need to put in Nightmaze... These things are scary as hell especially with their giggle

SpectroMagic Clowns

Oh my God that would be terrifying especially if they were wearing like all black and black hood. You would be walking through the maze not seeing anything until all of a sudden that scary white face flashes right in front of your face. Could be awesome!

• Mark M. changed the title to Nightmaze