The In Between

Mark M.

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't like The In-Between. I may go even as far to say that I liked Clown-O-Vision in 2007 better than I did this house. The house itself had great potential to catch me off guard and scare the living hell out of me, but it didn't seem like the actors were really utilizing that to their fullest capabilities. It's not a bad house, but I wouldn't say the best of the event by any means.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't like The In-Between. I may go even as far to say that I liked Clown-O-Vision in 2007 better than I did this house. The house itself had great potential to catch me off guard and scare the living hell out of me, but it didn't seem like the actors were really utilizing that to their fullest capabilities. It's not a bad house, but I wouldn't say the best of the event by any means.

It's not just you.

It is possible however, that I've only been through one of the casts this whole time. My next trip I'll make sure to try both casts again.

Well, let me say this about the In-Between. The 3D effect was used to it's extent, unlike Clown-O-Vision. The

laser rooms and stringed rooms, as well as the blacklit hallway etc were completely different than anything I've seen at HHN.

sure the scaracters might not have been completely terrifying, but there were moments where I was so disoriented, the fact that people were even there was scary. I thoroughly enjoyed just enjoying the trippy feeling of the house. I'd walk through it as a funhouse and be happy with just that, minus any scares. Great effect work for the house.

This house is at the bottom of my list, and I really, really hate to put it there because I got some GREAT scares in here, and the scareactors did such a good job. The demons (in particular, the Winged ones) were SO aggressive! I just didn't care for the whole 3D thing much... it was my first ever experience with a 3D house, and I've concluded that they just aren't for me. With the glasses on, I found myself concentrating more on trying to make sense of the rooms, rather than the scareactors. People weren't kidding when they said this house was disorienting. I tried it a couple of times sans glasses, and it was better because I could actually focus on the scares. If anyone else here is having the same problem, try it without the glasses.

Oh, and make sure you look up in this house. ;)

For me this was the #1 Top House of the night! I don't think the scareactors have ever gotten so close to me before (maybe it was the glasses?). Love how the whole house resembles an acid trip gone VERY bad. The spinning tunnel, lazer room, yarn room, floating head room, and the never ending hallway are some of my personal favs. Such a phenomenal house with truly phenomenal scareactors who were ALL on their A game. Thanks to everyone, I will definitley be seeing you all again on my next trip (pun?).

FINAL SCORE: 10/10

I actually like this house even more when it's still bright out. That way, everything is pitch black except for the lasers and the monsters. Much more disorienting.

I actually completely agree with you. On September 25th I was in the front of the line for this house (AP party) and it was still light out. I kept running into walls really hard in the first few rooms, but it was an incredibly intense experience!

Possibly one of the most insane houses I've ever been in at HHN. My group and I did it numerous times, we all agreed it was one of the best houses this year. The scareacters were always giving 100% it seemed. Literally had me jumping and screaming left and right. Truly unique and intense experience. It's almost like the the idea of DE and made it ten times better.

One thing though. I didn't see the no floor effect. Where was it?

Possibly one of the most insane houses I've ever been in at HHN. My group and I did it numerous times, we all agreed it was one of the best houses this year. The scareacters were always giving 100% it seemed. Literally had me jumping and screaming left and right. Truly unique and intense experience. It's almost like the the idea of DE and made it ten times better.

One thing though. I didn't see the no floor effect. Where was it?

Hidden under the dirt from the shoes of thousands of people.

Got to go throough this one again, and I must say I think i greatly exaggerated about this house in my last post. It is a great house, but it wasn't as great as I thought it was. It's still just as trippy as ever (Still felt like I needed some time to sit down and re-gain my bearings when I got out, so that was cool). Scareactors are great here, and they work it. Very different, unique house. 8/10

well, I think the 3D really shines in the last 2 rooms, that's where the entire room really looks 3D is an amazing effect, but sadly, is only the last two rooms, I like the house but, the string room and the fishnet room doesn't really do anything for me, thank God for the actors in those rooms cuz they really scared me a couple of times really bad, but, as for the rooms, yeah some rooms look good, but those two are not as great,

and, i wish the entire house looked like the last two rooms, everything in those rooms comes out of the walls, all the writing I mean

Edited by black mask

Fun run through here during Stay and Scream early admission. I got to be targeted on pretty much every scare this time through, which was a blast. I STILL don't think I've seen the wall demon, although I think I see where the scrim is for that. Timing is everything.

Also got several shirt points, which is always a blast. Hope that keeps showing the actors our support for them as well! And I could have sworn I heard someone shout out my name last night. Very strange, but then the house is very strange, innit?

I also think I forgot to send out an apology from about a week ago. I finally "looked up" as several have suggested, and saw the neatness that was to be seen there. I was so happy, I gave out one of my typical "thumbs up". Unfortunately, a thumbs up in that direction looks just like pointing out someone's location. Not my intention, but sorries nonetheless!

Great work and timing, everyone, thanks for the fun!

It's a shame I didn't discover 6-D until last night, but I must say that if you didn't experience The In Between with 4 pairs of glasses on you didn't experience The In Between.

................... :blink:

(damn it, never even crossed my mind)

Edited by black mask

I don't know about you guys.. but I am having SERIOUS withdrawals from this house! I miss it so damn much! Definitely the best house of the year... of all hhn! Sadly, I only made it through twice... due to the 90+ minute wait times EVERY TIME I WENT. But honestly the best i've ever seen, and i wouldn't even mind if it came back next year. But that will never happen ever :blink: , so it makes me sad to see it go. <_<

Two questions now that the event is over...

1) Why a static mask behind the first boohole? To save $$$?

2) What was up with the Legendary Truth-style "slider" in the wall? I saw it a whopping two times through my like 11 runs through this house, and when I did, it was by accident... nothing drew your attention to the guy in there.

• 7 months later...

Cool house, nice approach to the 3d. Nice story, these damn kids and their ancient ouija boards lol. Some of the effects were amazing, loved the string room, l loved the laser room, and loved the sudden winged creature appearance in the beginning. I didnt like the static mask, but the boo door did get my fiancee good. I liked the hallway with the runes. I thought it was a good house. It seemed exceptionally short for some reason. I think that maybe they could have chosen a better combination of rooms, but I enjoyed this house as well.

It didn't cross my mind till I had 4 pairs and was like "Herp derp, I'm going to put on 4." and then me and all my friends did and it was AWESOME.

I saw someone doing that, but I didnt give it a try for fear that it would have ruined the effect lol, I guess I was wrong. Edited by Mr.Grim

• Mark M. changed the title to The In Between