The In Between

Mark M.

You can't find your way through the yarn room and actors in there scared you? I thought the costumes didn't blend in well and the room was very easy to navigate.

I meant that I couldn't find my way through the dark parts of the house. The yarn room was never a problem to navigate. I don't understand the actor's costumes in there either. Why have a costume of squiggly lines when the rest of the room is nothing but straight lines?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The In-Between

-Biggest surprise of the event for me! This house rocks!

-Facade is a little too simple (ala Chucky) but the little touches like Issue #21 and the 3D effects bump it up a few notches.

-Really though, the casts and costuming makes this house. The sets are deceptively simple.

-The plot here is clever and well-executed... The story is told with a beginning, middle, and end. Great use of the tunnel as our transition

-3D effect is very fun in certain scenes, didn't notice much of a difference in others. I lost my glasses midway once but still enjoyed the rest of the house

-The zig-zag hallway (straight path with openings in the walls for blending-in actors to pop out), the laser room, and what I like to call the Pixie Stix room are my favorites. Trippy as balls. As a friendly guest behind us put it, this is why I stopped doing acid!

-The costumes here, as I mentioned before, make this house. The colors and 3D are brilliant... especially all of the WINGED demons. They know how to do their stuff and create scares even when we see them coming a mile away.

-Some of the sets are very simple (mostly the first couple) but rely on their black walls and darkness... it's very hard to see the booholes...

-I believe after the first "head" scene there's a boohole without an actor in it... just a stationary head. While it does get scares... um, lame? Can we get an actual actor in here please?

-Everyone keeps talking about the scene where it looks like there's no floor... a little help here? I seriously kept thinking it'd be obvious so I didn't look for it. Is it the Pixie Stix scene?

-Finale is fun (love how we're back in the dorm, but tripped out)... when the actors do come out, they get some great scares.

-Also love how it's so easy to get lost in some of the rooms in this house. Creates a serious tension!

Suggestions for Improvement: Get an actual actor in that timed boohole. Stationary head is lame. Other than that... I guess the finale scare actors should come out more often? Oh, I know - take up the intensity a notch, add a timed strobe effect. That'd be cool.

Facade: B+

Sets: A

Costumes: A

Atmosphere: A

Scares: A

Finale: B+

Opening Weekend Grade: A

Edited by Fallow

The In-Between

-Biggest surprise of the event for me! This house rocks!

-Facade is a little too simple (ala Chucky) but the little touches like Issue #21 and the 3D effects bump it up a few notches.

-Really though, the casts and costuming makes this house. The sets are deceptively simple.

-The plot here is clever and well-executed... The story is told with a beginning, middle, and end. Great use of the tunnel as our transition

-3D effect is very fun in certain scenes, didn't notice much of a difference in others. I lost my glasses midway once but still enjoyed the rest of the house

-The zig-zag hallway (straight path with openings in the walls for blending-in actors to pop out), the laser room, and what I like to call the Pixie Stix room are my favorites. Trippy as balls. As a friendly guest behind us put it, this is why I stopped doing acid!

-The costumes here, as I mentioned before, make this house. The colors and 3D are brilliant... especially all of the WINGED demons. They know how to do their stuff and create scares even when we see them coming a mile away.

-Some of the sets are very simple (mostly the first couple) but rely on their black walls and darkness... it's very hard to see the booholes...

-I believe after the first "head" scene there's a boohole without an actor in it... just a stationary head. While it does get scares... um, lame? Can we get an actual actor in here please?

-Everyone keeps talking about the scene where it looks like there's no floor... a little help here? I seriously kept thinking it'd be obvious so I didn't look for it. Is it the Pixie Stix scene?

-Finale is fun (love how we're back in the dorm, but tripped out)... when the actors do come out, they get some great scares.

-Also love how it's so easy to get lost in some of the rooms in this house. Creates a serious tension!

Suggestions for Improvement: Get an actual actor in that timed boohole. Stationary head is lame. Other than that... I guess the finale scare actors should come out more often? Oh, I know - take up the intensity a notch, add a timed strobe effect. That'd be cool.

Facade: B+

Sets: A

Costumes: A

Atmosphere: A

Scares: A

Finale: B+

Opening Weekend Grade: A

The laser room has mirrors as floors.

Also, it's funny that you mention the finale needing to come out more. The only scare I've gotten on my run throughs is the actor on the right distracting me while the actor on the left scared me. Besides that this house seemed very lacking on scares.

I'd say this is probably the coolest house I've seen since Dead Exposure. I really wish I could say more about it, but then, I had a hard time telling what the Hell I was looking at most of the time. Given how disoriented I was, though, I did get a satisfying number of scares. Hopefully I'll be able to write a full review after a few more runs.

That room is in there but if you go early in to the day. You can see the full effect of it. As the night goes on people's shoes dirty it up. I'll give you a clue which room it's in.

Cat's play with what? It's a room inside not hard to miss just look down.

This house keeps me on my toes. It's fighting for my number 1 spot. I don't really see how anybody can say this house is terrible or just meh. Maybe your just understand the bigger picture of the house. From the 3D, the colors, the "Things" that pop out are terrifying, the non-actor scare that scares me all the time. Also anybody notice the crawler on the wall. Stuff like that makes this house amazing to me.

Thats funny, that room you're hinting at was the one that stands out the most clearly in my memory and was my favorite room in the house, i just don't remember that effect in there...interesting. Thanks for clarifying though, I'll be sure to look down from now on when i'm in that room!!! :)

That room is in there but if you go early in to the day. You can see the full effect of it. As the night goes on people's shoes dirty it up. I'll give you a clue which room it's in.

Cat's play with what? It's a room inside not hard to miss just look down.

This house keeps me on my toes. It's fighting for my number 1 spot. I don't really see how anybody can say this house is terrible or just meh. Maybe your just understand the bigger picture of the house. From the 3D, the colors, the "Things" that pop out are terrifying, the non-actor scare that scares me all the time. Also anybody notice the crawler on the wall. Stuff like that makes this house amazing to me.

I can say this house is terrible because I get no scares in it. The only scare I've ever gotten in it was the finale while one actor distracted me. Also, I feel like some rooms in this house don't work, at all. When I get more scares in HR, which is supposed to be the fun house this year, something isn't right.

I can say this house is terrible because I get no scares in it. The only scare I've ever gotten in it was the finale while one actor distracted me. Also, I feel like some rooms in this house don't work, at all. When I get more scares in HR, which is supposed to be the fun house this year, something isn't right.

I don't know, I got a couple of good ones in there. Though admittedly, much of my positive opinion of this house is derived from it's sheer coolness factor.

To the scene with no floor, I only noticed it when I was looking at the floor the whole house. That was my second run through, and I was determined to find it. I must say, it's a little over-hyped.

I thought it looked more like the floor was a mirror, and not like there wasn't a floor. I thought the mirrored floor was just to emphasize the effect of the yarn, and not to make it look "floorless." Then I walked through, and it was the only floor that could be "floorless," and I was a trifle disappointed.

It's not like I hate the house because of it, I just thought it was over-hyped.

To the scene with no floor, I only noticed it when I was looking at the floor the whole house. That was my second run through, and I was determined to find it. I must say, it's a little over-hyped.

I thought it looked more like the floor was a mirror, and not like there wasn't a floor. I thought the mirrored floor was just to emphasize the effect of the yarn, and not to make it look "floorless." Then I walked through, and it was the only floor that could be "floorless," and I was a trifle disappointed.

It's not like I hate the house because of it, I just thought it was over-hyped.

I think the reason the effect is not as cool is because those floors are dirty and scratched from people walking, so now it sucks, But I bet opening day it probably looked amazing.... <_<

I think the reason the effect is not as cool is because those floors are dirty and scratched from people walking, so now it sucks, But I bet opening day it probably looked amazing.... <_<

That's definitely a major part of it. I noticed it lacked a little luster.

It didn't suck, I just didn't think the room looked floorless. I thought it complimented the set of that room very well before I realized it was the floorless floor. I was floored by how un-floorless the floorless floor looked.

i missed literaly every effect/scare, so i must do this house again for a full review. but even w/o them, its still a friggin amazing house. the

laser room, string, crawling in the wall

effects were incredible. defenitely the best 3d house ive seen. cant imagine it with the scares :P.

My group was the first in line on employee preview for this house, and that's why the effect was so incredible. We came back a few hours later that same night, and it was already ruined :/

That's definitely a major part of it. I noticed it lacked a little luster.

It didn't suck, I just didn't think the room looked floorless. I thought it complimented the set of that room very well before I realized it was the floorless floor. I was floored by how un-floorless the floorless floor looked.

yeah, I guess the idea of the floor was a really great one, but the stepping on it ruined the effect

The In-Between was such a pleasant surprise for me. I had pretty low expectations for this house, but left very impressed.

All of the effects used to disorient the guests work wonderfully and the actors use this fact to their advantage brilliantly. There are some really high-quality actors in here. For effort and for quality of scares, I need to recognize all 3 of the Winged Demons. They do not miss an opportunity to scare the crap out of you.

I applaud Uni for trying something a little different with The In-Between and applaud the actors for making it a success.

Edited by BruinsFan

The In-Between was such a pleasant surprise for me. I had pretty low expectations for this house, but left very impressed.

All of the effects used to disorient the guests work wonderfully and the actors use this fact to their advantage brilliantly. There are some really high-quality actors in here. For effort and for quality of scares, I need to recognize all 3 of the Winged Demons. They do not miss an opportunity to scare the crap out of you.

I applaud Uni for trying something a little different with The In-Between and applaud the actors for making it a success.

The Winged Demons are so good! They really knew how to work their costume to get a really great scare every time!

I also liked the checkered walls demons, but that's a different story.

• Mark M. changed the title to The In Between