The In Between

Mark M.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The tunnel is bad enough as it is, but adding 3D glasses = blarf!

The leaked picture of this has me intrigued though and it will be great to have a 3D house with a scarier/non-campy theme. Looking forward to some "Dead Exposure" type effects in this house

The tunnel is bad enough as it is, but adding 3D glasses = blarf!

Ha ha ha, I posted the same exact thing over on Rumors this morning. I have to hold onto the railing to walk through the vortex tunnel thingie...and sometimes even close my eyes. I'm sure I'll have my eyes closed tight this year!

As I'm not a fan of anything 3D, movies or otherwise, I'm not very excited for this house. I'm still going to go through it, but I already am looking down upon it.

Well, it's not really 3D. It's just that you wear these glasses that tend to make neon colors (for the lack of a better term) jump out and look closer than they are. Sorta like how black lights make neon colors stick out. So it's mostly a color scheme and glasses that "enhance" the affect. Scare actors can wear mostly black and then just have their faces/masks or, say, claws, painted that way so you see them stick out. It's really cool. The houses tend not to be scary, so lots of people hate them...but others, like myself, absolutely love them!

I'm sure one of the more die hard fans who knows EVERYTHING about the event will eventually chime in with the type of paint, glasses, etc :lol:

dead exposure is the house that made me scream and almost lose it, dead exposure and the thing are the two houses that made me forget it was fake and almost made me run for the hills,

and now is in 3D Holy balls this is going to be scary...

and No you can go to the house without the glasses and it will be like a regular house, you will just miss the visual effects, but same thing,

about the tunnel I would say, Just go in the tunnel WITHOUT the glasses lol!! that way no one will get sick

I think we can pretty much confirm now that the first part of this house will take place in a college dorm room. The new multiplayer game for this house has us checking behind posters in a college dorm room to find a portal to the "In-Between." Not to mention that the original game put us in a college professor's office.

I think we can pretty much confirm now that the first part of this house will take place in a college dorm room. The new multiplayer game for this house has us checking behind posters in a college dorm room to find a portal to the "In-Between." Not to mention that the original game put us in a college professor's office.

Strange. We're in the "second phase" right now, but I don't see a multiplayer game for this house when I click on the card. I've also never heard anything about it being released. Are you getting that info from the data files or something, or do I maybe need to clean out my cache?

Strange. We're in the "second phase" right now, but I don't see a multiplayer game for this house when I click on the card. I've also never heard anything about it being released. Are you getting that info from the data files or something, or do I maybe need to clean out my cache?

It hasn't been released yet but it's coming. I was just going through the files I downloaded from the website thread and there it was, plane as day.

It hasn't been released yet but it's coming. I was just going through the files I downloaded from the website thread and there it was, plane as day.

You're right about the college theme. Seems to have a comic book theme as well.

Rumors has some pictures of the facade up on their site. Dunno the rules to linking over there, but we don't have any pics of that up yet. So click here to see them.

so i've never done a 3-d house. is it better then regular? do you get to keep your glasses? and does everything seem cooler or lamer with the glasses? I love 3-d movies, but only if they're actually in 3-D NOT some crap i pay like 5 dollars extra and its made in 2-d just put in 3-d so they can get more money.

A 3-D house is very intriguing. There are alot of things that seem like something, and then it turns out to be totally different. You do get to keep your glasses and im not sure if this will be truly 3-D but the picture on the hint card was so I feel it will be. Jacks fun house in 07 was great, but this one will be aloy scarier. Hope this helped

Edited by hhnlovr23

so i've never done a 3-d house. is it better then regular? do you get to keep your glasses? and does everything seem cooler or lamer with the glasses? I love 3-d movies, but only if they're actually in 3-D NOT some crap i pay like 5 dollars extra and its made in 2-d just put in 3-d so they can get more money.

It's obviously not REALLY in 3D...because life is in 3D. Technically, every house is in 3D :)

You get crappy cardboard glasses, but they're not red and blue or anything like that. In fact, if you go to a convienience store around the 4th of July they'll typically have "3D Fireworks Glasses" and I think they're pretty much the same thing. I have no idea how they work, but they tend to make certain colored things (or maybe just the brighter colored things) stick out and seem closer than they are. Or maybe it's stuff pained in paint that reacts to black lights. I have no idea about the technology behind it....but anyway, they paint stuff (like the demon faces in the released picutre) on the walls and they seem to stick out. They paint crap on the floors and if you look down while walking, it gets a bit disorienting and feels like stuff is higher than you think.

The scareactors can wear all black so their bodies are hard to see and don't stick out at all, and then a mask that has the 3D affect and it looks like they jump out and are right in your face.

It's gimmicky, but it works. I get "virtual tummy" watching 3D movies...and rides like Spider-Man and The Simpsons mess up my equilibrium. Funny that I go on all the coasters, but then pass on those rides. This is NOTHING like that. It's fun, disorienting, but not real 3D.

The video below shows a walkthrough of Jack's Fun House in Clown-O-Vision and shows you how the house is set up. All the bright, dayglow, neon colors would be affected by the glasses...so you get the idea.

EDIT: That is not my video, just something I found on YouTube...so I'm not the idiot yelling out stupid crap thinking I'm cool the whole time. Just hope you don't get behind this guy in the Conga line!

Edited by Oysterhead00

EDIT: That is not my video, just something I found on YouTube...so I'm not the idiot yelling out stupid crap thinking I'm cool the whole time. Just hope you don't get behind this guy in the Conga line!

I'm glad you said that, I was thinking "I've been in front of or behind this guy every year!". lol

I enjoyed Creature Features in 3D, the first 3D house, a whole lot, but not so much the 3D houses that followed. (I miss Nazarman's mazes). I am, however, interested in seeing the implementation this time. If they get as imaginative as I think, hope, they are, the glasses effect could be punctuation to the overall experience. That's my hope, anyway.

Guest kiwisoup

I have no idea how they work, but they tend to make certain colored things (or maybe just the brighter colored things) stick out and seem closer than they are. Or maybe it's stuff pained in paint that reacts to black lights. I have no idea about the technology behind it....but anyway, they paint stuff (like the demon faces in the released picutre) on the walls and they seem to stick out. They paint crap on the floors and if you look down while walking, it gets a bit disorienting and feels like stuff is higher than you think.

The scareactors can wear all black so their bodies are hard to see and don't stick out at all, and then a mask that has the 3D affect and it looks like they jump out and are right in your face.

An easy way to think about how the glasses work is this. You have the colors of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. The color red and colors closest to that side of the spectrum appear closer to you and the other side of the spectrum appear further. The glasses are clear and the effect works in any condition, doesn't have to be dark or neon colors or blacklight or special paint or anything like that. While you could have actors dress in all black, a more interesting technique I've seen is having them dressed as the background. At a haunted attraction here in MN they have a 3D circus themed house every year and one of the rooms is all polka dots with people dressed in black with polka dots and they can be a few feet from you and you can't tell with everything having added depth to it.

I believe the actual technology is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChromaDepth

Edited by kiwisoup

• Mark M. changed the title to The In Between