The Forsaken

Mark M.

I finally saw it the last time I went through - completely fabulous. You may have to go through again and again and again - but then this is a really great house to do that in!! :D

lol,

yeah I keep trying to see it but all i see is the eyes in the whole, the actor never goes for me :/

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So there is a scare with a guy with a Bungee cord that comes at you in a window but of all the times I've been to this house I don't ever recall seeing it I always hear it done to someone behind me or in front, I guess it takes a while to set up? <_<

I've seen it 2 out of the 3 times I've gone in. Its great when you catch it and a great distractor for the other actors around him.

Edited by killswitch22

This house was really good, and if there weren't already so many great houses this year, I'd rank it higher on my list. Lots of scares here, and I loved the hurricane scene. I was even lucky enough to catch a scare from the bungee scareactor. I usually miss out on these things, so that was nice. Going in, I was worried that the glowing green eyes would detract from the scares, but then I remembered: just because you can see them doesn't mean you know what they're going to do. Are they going to go after you, or target someone else? That's where the tension is, and that's how they're still able to get you, even if you know they're there (and besides, those bright eyes make a great distraction). Another thing I liked about this house is that the scareactors weren't shy about getting up in your face. I had one Forsaken follow me through their scene and get really close to my face with a knife. For some reason, that stuck with me.

The decor in this house is AMAZING. This was my venture through the house last night:

50% of the time: "Oh my gosh.. look at this carpet draping on the wall! Man this is so authentic! Is that Queen Isabella in that painting?"

I'm an art/history dork.

50% of the time: "AHHHH!!..hahaha" I tend to laugh when I'm scared.

Edited by LostAlice

On Thursday I went through and actually got to see the decor you've all been raving about, and I have to say that it is pretty cash.

If it was a Forsaken flashing the V sign in the chapel it was probably me ^_^

I also went through the house throwing up a V sign at every ghoul I saw (I never bought a vault shirt), but I guess I missed you, because none of them responded. I just felt silly for sticking a peace sign in the face of every ghoul who got near me...

In-freaking-credible house. The more I can go in here, the more I can appreciate the details. Beautiful sets, courtyard is amazing, love the wind and rain in my face. And I love that I can smell both sawdust and fog when I first walk in (my favorite HHN smells). But my greatest appreciation goes to the scareactors. They have taken a situation that made scaring trickier (the glowy eye thing) and turned it on its head. The anticipation is a killer - maybe you'll get nailed, maybe not, but probably. But when? And how? And how many? And when is it REALLY over? You're walking out of a room, and BOOM! There's a hand in your face and a growl in your ear. Wow, just.. wow.

I had some great walkthroughs and shout-outs on Friday (I'm loving the attention in the Courtyard), but Sunday was even more fantastic. I was able to run through 3 times that night, but the second time (shortly after Stay and Scream opened) I was absolutely ALONE in there with the actors and Ops (and I think some Ops were hiding too). There is nothing better than hogging every scare for yourself. I got some good shoutouts, and some delightful conversations with the conquistadors. I just wish I knew what we were talking about. La plume de ma tante est sur la table, anyone? Anyways, I still say, those conquistadors are some serious noms...

(Back on topic). Earlier in the thread, someone had indicated that, in the slanty shipboard section, the leftmost part of that walkway is not slanted. THANK YOU! The slanty walk is fun, but I'm a lot more steady on the level part. But I also have apologies - I still feel a bit unsteady there, so I am normally holding the rope as I pass through, and I keep bumping hands with the actors that are working HARD in there. I'm not being a DB, guys, really, I'm not trying to interfere with you, I just need to steady myself. But I send you my sorries nonetheless.

And the finale. I got targeted all three times on that (and I know bungee is probably the wrong term for that scare - it's not an up and down scare). Triple teamed every time - quadruple teamed if you count the last scareactor using both of his boo holes. And shout outs and shirt points to make the house complete.

Thank you and major applause to both casts. You have ramped this house up to make it climb to the number one spot on my list this year. Can't wait for tomorrow night!! :D

In-freaking-credible house. The more I can go in here, the more I can appreciate the details. Beautiful sets, courtyard is amazing, love the wind and rain in my face. And I love that I can smell both sawdust and fog when I first walk in (my favorite HHN smells). But my greatest appreciation goes to the scareactors. They have taken a situation that made scaring trickier (the glowy eye thing) and turned it on its head. The anticipation is a killer - maybe you'll get nailed, maybe not, but probably. But when? And how? And how many? And when is it REALLY over? You're walking out of a room, and BOOM! There's a hand in your face and a growl in your ear. Wow, just.. wow.

I had some great walkthroughs and shout-outs on Friday (I'm loving the attention in the Courtyard), but Sunday was even more fantastic. I was able to run through 3 times that night, but the second time (shortly after Stay and Scream opened) I was absolutely ALONE in there with the actors and Ops (and I think some Ops were hiding too). There is nothing better than hogging every scare for yourself. I got some good shoutouts, and some delightful conversations with the conquistadors. I just wish I knew what we were talking about. La plume de ma tante est sur la table, anyone? Anyways, I still say, those conquistadors are some serious noms...

(Back on topic). Earlier in the thread, someone had indicated that, in the slanty shipboard section, the leftmost part of that walkway is not slanted. THANK YOU! The slanty walk is fun, but I'm a lot more steady on the level part. But I also have apologies - I still feel a bit unsteady there, so I am normally holding the rope as I pass through, and I keep bumping hands with the actors that are working HARD in there. I'm not being a DB, guys, really, I'm not trying to interfere with you, I just need to steady myself. But I send you my sorries nonetheless.

And the finale. I got targeted all three times on that (and I know bungee is probably the wrong term for that scare - it's not an up and down scare). Triple teamed every time - quadruple teamed if you count the last scareactor using both of his boo holes. And shout outs and shirt points to make the house complete.

Thank you and major applause to both casts. You have ramped this house up to make it climb to the number one spot on my list this year. Can't wait for tomorrow night!! :D

I'm glad that you're loving the house. I'm typically the one in the chapel with the sword but I was on bungee Sunday and it was nice running, err... I mean flying towards you for your three visits. You have good timing! Weren't you the one who always clapped with me in the Body Collector room last year in Hallow'd Past? :D

I'm glad that you're loving the house. I'm typically the one in the chapel with the sword but I was on bungee Sunday and it was nice running, err... I mean flying towards you for your three visits. You have good timing! Weren't you the one who always clapped with me in the Body Collector room last year in Hallow'd Past? :D

Indeed it was - golf claps rule with BC. I think you even gave me a whispered "Hush" one night. You're rocking the house again this year, more golf claps for you, and thank you for the scares!!

Forsaken so badly wanted to be my favorite house... It really, really did, but it just couldn't top Winter's Night.

The ship scene is STUNNING! My first time through, I caught myself feeling like I was blowing in the wind. I couldn't tell who was real, who was fake. I was looking in all directions, it's a very immersive room. Easily my favorite room of the event this year. The crooked path was a great effect, and even though I knew it was coming after hearing so much about it, I was still disoriented.

However, what kept this house at #2 for me was that odd part about half way (or three quarters of the way through, can't really remember) where it's just plain walls for a few corners with nothing going on. It felt like it killed the flow of the house. It's comparable to a roller coaster's mid course brakes, where it goes from "OH MY GOD THIS IS AWESOME!" to slowing down. I think a few of you might agree, but it seems here the majority of you have this house at #1, so we'll see. I gave this house 3 chances, and that part still kinda knocked the house down from a 10 to a 9/9.5. (9.5 for the one really good run through I had where pretty much every scareactor got me)

Other than that, this house was phenomenal. Great job by the actors in this house! I found a few of them covering their eyes until it was scare time, which was a very good idea. I didn't feel the eyes killed the house at all, I actually think they added to it! That green glow was kick ass!

Edited by Coast

Forsaken so badly wanted to be my favorite house... It really, really did, but it just couldn't top Winter's Night.

The ship scene is STUNNING! My first time through, I caught myself feeling like I was blowing in the wind. I couldn't tell who was real, who was fake. I was looking in all directions, it's a very immersive room. Easily my favorite room of the event this year. The crooked path was a great effect, and even though I knew it was coming after hearing so much about it, I was still disoriented.

However, what kept this house at #2 for me was that odd part about half way (or three quarters of the way through, can't really remember) where it's just plain walls for a few corners with nothing going on. It felt like it killed the flow of the house. It's comparable to a roller coaster's mid course brakes, where it goes from "OH MY GOD THIS IS AWESOME!" to slowing down. I think a few of you might agree, but it seems here the majority of you have this house at #1, so we'll see. I gave this house 3 chances, and that part still kinda knocked the house down from a 10 to a 9/9.5. (9.5 for the one really good run through I had where pretty much every scareactor got me)

Other than that, this house was phenomenal. Great job by the actors in this house! I found a few of them covering their eyes until it was scare time, which was a very good idea. I didn't feel the eyes killed the house at all, I actually think they added to it! That green glow was kick ass!

i just wish they would have the glow off untill they scared us

So much love for this house - had a couple more great runs last night, including another alone run (I'm getting my timing down good on that!!)

Cast A, you keep rocking it! My conquistador caliente, mi amor - can't get enough of getting yelled at by you. I really need to crack out my Rosetta Stone, I may be getting an excellent recipe for lamb stew and not even know it.

Courtyard - nothing better than getting ganged up on by a roomful of Forsaken. You are getting extremely creative with props! Props to the, erm, props! Nothing like the wind in your hair, rain in your eyes, and Forsaken in your face.

Finale - I keep expecting you to soar over my head like Mary Martin. All three of you are a great team, and love the scares. Even when it was as light as it was just before 6:00 - you still do a great job.

Everyone in here, knives in eyes, cathedral, curtains, tilty ship - I know I'm always forgetting someone, but every single one of you bring it every time I go through, and I thank you! This house, HOH and Seven are currently the main contenders for the places I wanna be when Halloween closes out.

Again, thank you! :D

Big thumbs up to the B cast of Forsaken last Wednesday night (I'm pretty sure it's B cast as I went through right after 6:30). You guys were really working hard, and one Forsaken in particular from the courtyard scene was really great. He was briefly blocking two girls in the group in front of me and really invaded their space, which of course freaked them out big time. It was one of the best "spectator scares" I've enjoyed in a while.

went october 21st and once again hhn amazes me like always and i had a most excellent time! but the one thing i can not stand the most is when someone trys to start somethin with a scareactor because they got in their face and scared them as i saw in the sz "7". i know its the wrong topic but still. the scareactors are just doing there job, dont try and (excuse my lingo) start shit with them. haha ill defend a scareactor all the way because i love hhn. and to get lil back on topin with "the forsaken". amazing house, first house of the night and it got me pretty good. hahaha, the second time i went through it though one of the scareactors lunged at me a lil too fast and some what kind of ran into me and im a relatively big guy in the Marines and people would assume that would have pissed me off but i didnt care, i brushed it off my shoulder and kept walking because it was an accident but the scareactor did tap me on the shoulder and i looked back and he put his hand up in apology and i told him he was good, no worries. but besides the guy startin somethin with the scareactor in 7 i had a really good night #HHNFANTILIDIE!

The Forsaken!! MY FAVORITE HOUSE OF THE YEAR!!

I went to HHN Friday October 28th and went through all the houses and scarezones. I went through this house twice because I loved it so much! Each house scared me and was scary in it's own way.. But The Forsaken was SUPER SCARY AND ENTERTAINING!! I saw both Cast A and Cast B. Both casts were great!! And if any of u scareactors from The Forsaken are reading this Thank You So Much for the great memories!! I got scared every single time!! ;D

Also, I love when the scareactors know how to use their space/imagination and ways that they can have fun/scare you (not just always coming out of a corner). They knew exactly what they were doing and seemed more in their groove than when I went a few weeks ago. This house turned into one of my favorites because of last night! Thank you!!

^This.

I can't believe just how great his house turned out to be and how well the scareactors use that space. You'd think with the lighted eyes and so much openness it would be void of scares, but they run me ragged in there. We usually go through on Team A, although B is very good too...we just don't see them as much. I love a house where the same scareactor can get so many scares out of the same person. I've watched it done and had it happen to me many, many times. My husband just loves that final scare. I swear the man stands there and waits for it if he can avoid getting trampled by the conga behind him when doing so.

"¿Que Hora Es Big Bird?" y "Por favor, mantenganse allejado de las puertas."

now that you mentioned the monorail spiel. The Cast A conquistador was very spot on. he even mentioned "Aqui matamos a Mickey" (here we kill Mickey) when he saw my Pal Mickey for the first time. even funnier was when i came to the house in later nights, and that scareactor would often lament on how many times would he try to kill mickey only for him to return (which on the 3rd time he faced him, i replied that Pal Mickey had infinite lives in spanish)

• 2 months later...

the forsaken crew tried grabbing me and my brothers girlfriend haha, but i loved the hurricane effect plus the smell of rain... other than that this was one of my favorite houses of hhn 21, and i know!!, that last scene scared mee horribly haha, because i see the glowing green eyes a little ways away then i see them right next to me trying to grab me

• 4 months later...

I really loved the sets here. The only thing lacking was a decent facade. But the projection on the building was a nice touch, I suppose since the facade would only be the outside of a stone fort they figured they would apply the effort elsewhere. The inside amazed me. Good attention to detail, and 2 things stood out in this house. I loved the crooked walkway, and I loved the open scene towards the end. Scares were pretty good, immersive atmosphere was great. I only had 2 issues with the house, one was that the eyes on the lost souls looked awfully fake, the bulbous jeweled look didnt fit in my opinion. I think that they could have done a more sunken eye that glowed to make it look better. But thats just me. The other thing was the room that was like a theater or church pews or whatever, the wall effect only was up 1 out of the 5 times I went through this house. I still enjoyed it, great spanish speaking cast. I did catch some of them yell some profanities lol, it was funny to listen to if you spoke spanish.

• Mark M. changed the title to The Forsaken