The Forsaken

Mark M.

When it comes to the roof discussion I see both sides. Universal puts on a fantastic event year after year. The Scareactors and designers give everything they have to make each year better than the last. It doesn't mean I can't hope for roofs on houses, I have the right be disappointed when the house doesn't have a roof. HHN as a whole is great, I just feel with a roof the immersion factor is better. Without roofs I do sometimes get taken out of the experience because I naturally like to look up. It's not that big of a deal though. Roofs or no roofs I will continue to believe that HHN is the best event in the country. The sets are the most important thing and I think we can all agree they are top notch every year. This house seems to be an amazingly designed house and I can't wait to experience it with or without a roof.

those are true words and like maximum madness stated, everyone has their right for an opinion, for me I never even bother to look up for roofs cause like alot of people on here said, im too busy looking at everything else in the house

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to prolong the "roof" debate (I think at this point it's beating a dead horse, some are bothered by it some can go either way) I will say that the ops are without a doubt the biggest potential detractor of a house. Good god, can they please get some actual training? It absolutely ruins the experience for them to wave around their flashlights and shriek to keep moving. It's awful. I know where to go. Only step in and assist guests when they appear lost (read: NOT MOVING SLOWLY, LOST) or are causing some sort of trouble.

In Catacombs for the final night last year, weren't all the ops wearing creepy hoods? I wish they could try that for all the ops this year. Would help at least a little.

I want to apologize to the scare actors in this house. My friend was in a wheelchair and the regular house staff person made us go in a different path and it involved going through a section where the scareactors were popping out. I guess there was a section in the original path that wheelchairs can't go on? So anyway, we unfortunately came up behind a few scareactors and nearly tripped one of them as he was backing up. I want to say that was not our fault, it was not your fault either, we were just going where we were told. Hopefully they'll fix that for opening night if they're going to have to deal with more wheelchairs in the house.

Out of all the houses, this one is the one I'm looking forward to the most. For the simple fact that I love stories of ghost ships, cars, etc... And I didn't realize how much that fort look like the one in St. Augustine.... And let me just say, that place creeps me out. I've been taken pictures, and saw tons of orbs. But all in all I hope this house really BRING IT!

I finally made it to this house tonight. The lady in front of my friend and I just did not know where she was going and we had to keep stopping and trying to point her in the right direction. The scareactors were even pointing, so we didn't even really get too many scares since we kept having to stop. Hopefully next time is a bit smoother. From what I did see, it seemed like a decent house with some good effects.

SOOOO glad I got this as the last house of the night. I'm almost positive that most of the scareactors would remember me here cuz I got the first half of the house pretty much to myself (Blue hollister jacket, black and red Aersmith cap, Last Year's horrornight nightmares shirt, blue jeans...if any of y'all scared me feel free to let me know in this thread or via PM). It's got great theming and I LOVE the costume design here...unfortunately what everyone has been saying is true: the house is WAY too short...I feel like it needs to be 10x longer. I really loved it and will definitely hit it several more times before the event ends. (oh, and the hurricane effects were pretty rad) Overall, fantastic house...just too short

this house is amazing but sadly the green eyes ruined a lot for me, you can see the actors even in the next room before you enter, there is no surprise or scares really, the actors were doing a great job but, those eyes THOSE EYES!!!

remove the eyes, this house becomes 100 times Scarier, Oh totally, if the ghosts came at me without the eyes they would have freaked me out

the middle of the house is completely amazing,

This house was just beautiful. The hurricane effects were amazing, but it seemed that the rain wasn't happening the second time I went through at around 11 last night. I loved just looking at the sets as I went through the house especially in the big room in the middle. I almost forgot I was inside the parade building when I was in that room, it felt like I was outside of a fort. The glowing eyes do make it easy to see some of the scares coming, but the actors still did awesome jobs, especially the ones in the chapel room with the hurricane going on in the "windows" and the actors in that big room.

I also thought this house was great. I can't wait to go back in a week because I am really looking forward to walking through this one again. The sets are awesome, and the hurricane effects are pulled off reall well. Also, the room with a different pathway was fun. Of course I am silly and wasn't thinking things through and thought I was slipping (obviously I wasn't) so I went to grab the rope to help myself balance and a scare actor popped right up where I was focusing on grabbing the rope and scared the crap out me. (Great job whoever you were!) Though the green eyes did tend to give some scares away, it was overall a great house.

I also thought this house was great. I can't wait to go back in a week because I am really looking forward to walking through this one again. The sets are awesome, and the hurricane effects are pulled off reall well. Also, the room with a different pathway was fun. Of course I am silly and wasn't thinking things through and thought I was slipping (obviously I wasn't) so I went to grab the rope to help myself balance and a scare actor popped right up where I was focusing on grabbing the rope and scared the crap out me. (Great job whoever you were!) Though the green eyes did tend to give some scares away, it was overall a great house.

oh yeah that is the one thing i do always, GRAB THAT ROPE PEOPLE

when the room with the weird floor comes, grab the rope, always, i almost slipped really bad first time, now i grab the rope always

A good looking house with no scare is the best way to put it. I did not get one good scare seemed like all the scareactors are out and you can see them and the lunge at you instead of hiding. The light up eyes are cool as hell and the tilted floor was cool to.

Ya we notice alot of the times people can see the eyes sure but that doesnt mean the scare is busted. Its not like you know exactly what we will do even though you do see us we still have a few tricks up our sleeves. its funny to see people NEVER notice me and i can get the same group up to 4 times if i wanted to even in plain sight. The eyes feel like a distraction from the rest of the body so that way you are not aware of what will happen since your staring into our beautiful emerald green eyes lol! I'm pushing it every night and enjoying every second! To my fellow Forsaken fight on!! ARRRRRGHH!!

Ya we notice alot of the times people can see the eyes sure but that doesnt mean the scare is busted. Its not like you know exactly what we will do even though you do see us we still have a few tricks up our sleeves. its funny to see people NEVER notice me and i can get the same group up to 4 times if i wanted to even in plain sight. The eyes feel like a distraction from the rest of the body so that way you are not aware of what will happen since your staring into our beautiful emerald green eyes lol! I'm pushing it every night and enjoying every second! To my fellow Forsaken fight on!! ARRRRRGHH!!

oh look. the only actor that does something in that house:P

I went through this house five times this weekend, and every time I went it got better, with the best run being Saturday night while it was raining. My husband and I had a big gap between us and the people in front of us so it was like having the house to ourselves and I got several scares. I can see the eyes being somewhat of a giveaway, but I still like them. Maybe if they could dim them a little or something, that would help, or not have them on on all the actors in that area. I don't know, they just didn't bother me that much but still maybe some tweaking is in order. Anyway, I loved this house, thought the scareactors did great, and it was just amazing looking inside.

I heard about the eye issue before opening night so I was anticipating it not being too scary... I think the whole thing is overblown. For the most part you guys hide very effectively and use the eyes to your advantage; I got plenty of scares, sometimes even when I saw the eyes before the actor lunged. While it'd be nice if they were switch-activated, it's not that big of a deal.

Great work to both casts in this house.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think the length is so bad either. The first room is more establishing than scaring, but overall the length is decent.

Edited by Fallow

To the people who said this house was short, I'm wondering if they went through the same house I did. While the sets sometimes felt a little repetitive, The Forsaken definitely is a decent length house. The eyes never turning off doesn't seem like a major issue to me either. I've had good runs and bad runs through this house, but it definitely has improved since Employee Preview.

• Mark M. changed the title to The Forsaken