The Forsaken

Mark M.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Newest picture features The Forsaken, and it looks amazing!

300418_10150309642563233_126469058232_8061028_2096907090_n.jpg

Ok this house looks amazing. The more I see and hear about this house makes me think that it may just be something that is remembered and talked about for years.

As for it taking place at both the fort and the ship I think you're absolutely right. The backstory and picture on website seem to confirm this. If we as visitors have to travel to a sunken galleon wouldn't it be cool if we had to pass through a watery passage like we do in Poseidons Fury over at Islands of Adventure. I think this would cost too much to set up but it would be awesome

Wow. Wow. Wow. This sounded promising but it looks like Uni is pulling out all the stops! Everything looks and sounds amazing for this house (and it's not even a SS). Roofs? Awesome! Amazing theming! Effects! Unique creatures/ghosts! Just looks so great!

So, last year, I enjoyed myself but was pretty underwhelmed by the sets/facades in the houses (excpet maybe Hallowed Past) especially after coming off of Dracula/Frankenstein/Wolfman in 09 (some of the most impressive sets ever, IMO). But this year, it looks like the quality of the sets is a huge leap forward. Cannot wait!!!

I just hope the drunks don't wreck it all before I get there on the 27th :rolleyes:

Ahh my roofs, how I have missed you! This is great, something that is really needed in my opinion. I absolutely LOVE the lighting as well. It makes me happy. If this is the kind of attention that will be the refined in all houses, then I am definitely psyched.

Quick question: "Why did Uni decide to not have roofs last year?"

Not to piss on everybody's parade, but I don't see roofs in the picture.

The Jail Cell looks like the rear wall just ends, no roof at all.

The "hallway" roof looks more like a grid of wood slats....like a picket thatched fence. EDIT: Found a better picture:

grid_fence%20(1).jpg

That gives a bit of an allusion to a roof, and allows for the cool lighting affects.

Edited by Oysterhead00

Not to piss on everybody's parade, but I don't see roofs in the picture.

The Jail Cell looks like the rear wall just ends, no roof at all.

The "hallway" roof looks more like a grid of wood slats....like a picket thatched fence. EDIT: Found a better picture:

grid_fence%20(1).jpg

That gives a bit of an allusion to a roof, and allows for the cool lighting affects.

I'll take the illusion of a roof over no roof at all. Obviously it's not going to be a solid roof. I think they probably compromised with the inspectors this year so we at least get the illusion of a roof. I will just be happy we got what we got honestly.

I'll take the illusion of a roof over no roof at all. Obviously it's not going to be a solid roof. I think they probably compromised with the inspectors this year so we at least get the illusion of a roof. I will just be happy we got what we got honestly.

I watched an Unmasking the Horror walkthrough on YouTube and the gentleman said that Universal purposely did not include roofs lately because they wanted ambient lighting and sound to add to the atmosphere.

I watched an Unmasking the Horror walkthrough on YouTube and the gentleman said that Universal purposely did not include roofs lately because they wanted ambient lighting and sound to add to the atmosphere.

There has always been ambient lighting and sound in the houses as far back as I can remember (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). How does a roof stop them from having sound? It's easy to place a speaker in the corner of any given room and hide it with a prop of some sorts. Yes it's easier not to have a roof so you can just have one large sound system or lighting rig. Although not having roofs takes away from the overall feeling of the house. I see why Uni wouldn't want to have a roof considering it's easier and costs less to not have one but I think they listened to the fans on this one.

There has always been ambient lighting and sound in the houses as far back as I can remember (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). How does a roof stop them from having sound? It's easy to place a speaker in the corner of any given room and hide it with a prop of some sorts. Yes it's easier not to have a roof so you can just have one large sound system or lighting rig. Although not having roofs takes away from the overall feeling of the house. I see why Uni wouldn't want to have a roof considering it's easier and costs less to not have one but I think they listened to the fans on this one.

Yeah. Agreed. I think they're explanation just might have been spin so they didn't look like they were cheaping out. But it doesn't make much logical sense.

They like roofs but they are expensive. that is why they make it look like a roof either with griding or a scrim at times. I cannot remember a time with roofs completely covering the maze... If there was then that shows how much it impacted my experience.

They like roofs but they are expensive. that is why they make it look like a roof either with griding or a scrim at times. I cannot remember a time with roofs completely covering the maze... If there was then that shows how much it impacted my experience.

I think the whole roof argument is silly myself. I've NEVER been taken out of a house by the fact that the walls are only 8' high and there is no ceiling. Plus some of my best scares are from up above. If the roofs are such a big deal to anybody personally, then don't look up....problem solved :) Besides, many of my best house scares have been from above.

I'll admit the roof, much like a freezing cold house, could potentailly add to the immersion factor of a house, but the "cost vs reward ratio" for each is way too low.

Having said that, the picture still looks awesome and less conga line-ish than some previous houses...looks like you have a little more room to stray and spread out. I hope they have a lot more wide open houses this year, even if they're shorter. The conga lines are just getting worse and sucking a lot of fun out of the event. That's why my group goes so early in the event....but with the Rush of Fear ticket, I think a lot more locals will be showing up so I'm worried about how each walkthrough will go.

Edited by Oysterhead00

You, sir, are probably going to lose your job.

Ok went to rehearsal for Forsaken last night and my scene is overwhelming. To answer some ppls questions YES there is water effects! By god there is water effects and so much more. At the beginning if running through the house getting explanation of the rooms and the story, they got better and better by the minute. The scene im in all im gunna say is this: Courtyard. Give you that to think about how that run will BLOW YOU AWAY!! The costumes are sick as hell and i'm completely STOKED to start working NOW!!! Gunna add that won't tell of my actual position in here till after employee preview so it doesnt spoil anything about this room :P.

Forsaken looks awesome! A little short but awesome.

Goes like this. The fourth cursed ship lays forever at the bottom of the ocean. A hurricane drags it up and crashes it into a Spanish fort. Now you are in the middle of a hurricane while the cursed crew fights the Spanish soldiers.

300320_270083953016454_114845238540327_975347_405521217_n.jpg

311065_270084156349767_114845238540327_975360_2005824179_n.jpg

291732_270084496349733_114845238540327_975377_1800235000_n.jpg

So I was one of the 21 chosen for the tour. I can confirm that there are scenes in the fort and on the ship and with both. There are NOT roofs and some of the effects theyre pulling off this year are fantastic! The forsaken characters do look alot like the ghosts from john carpenters the fog but its still pretty amazing! The mentioned Courtyard scenes is astounding. A HUGE room. the whole place just opens up. its great. Cant wait to see it full running next week with scaractors

EDIT: I agree that it is a short house. but awesome

Edited by allfalldown

So I was one of the 21 chosen for the tour. I can confirm that there are scenes in the fort and on the ship and with both. There are NOT roofs and some of the effects theyre pulling off this year are fantastic! The forsaken characters do look alot like the ghosts from john carpenters the fog but its still pretty amazing! The mentioned Courtyard scenes is astounding. A HUGE room. the whole place just opens up. its great. Cant wait to see it full running next week with scaractors

Wait, so... no roofs? :(

• Mark M. changed the title to The Forsaken