The Forsaken

Mark M.

the_forsaken.png.70a5a8aa939b623c1356fdbaf37049ce.png

Four ships began Columbus's fateful voyage, only three became legend. Condemned to a watery grave, the mutinous and cursed crew of that 4th ship has returned with a vengeance. For within the walls of a Spanish fort, a maelstrom has brought from the depths....death itself.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this could be really creepy and have really cool effects. Is it just me or does the picture for this house look like the fort in St. Augustine??

I was thinking the same thing! Love that fort, always has an eerie feeling at night. May or may not be the inspiration, but this house promises to be incredible. What I'm very curious about though is what type of baddie are we dealing with? Are the crew ghosts, zombies, or what?

This house really has me intrigued as I love the concept of showcasing the 4th ship and what happened to the crew. The website image reminds me of Castillo de San Marcos in St. Augustine, but also Fort Zachary Taylor in Key West as well.

THIS is the kind of house that I really think ends up surprising everyone, an unusual storyline that offers a different scare factor than the others.

Not trying to hype things up beyond reason...

But I've heard it is the most elaborate and intricate set they have ever done.

I bet five bucks this will be the sleeper hit house this year...it's always the ones that have the odd or different storylines to them that wind up being the most detailed and amazing.

REALLY looking forward to seeing this one!

i dont really think it could be actual water. Maybe some sort of visual effect to give you the idea you're walking through a rainstorm.? Idk, lol

They could have some actual water effects. Some of the houses in the past have used like a waterfall effect and such. I could see a sinking ship effect or they have "rocking" hallways that make the room look like it's swaying which could be a cool effect.

They'll use water splashing against windows again. It won't be much trouble, considering they used it for a room in Hallow'd last year. If you stared at the window with the water splashing it did make you rather sick with the background of a rough ocean. I could also see them putting little squirts of mist to simulate water coming through the windows or over the railing or whatever.

Ok went to rehearsal for Forsaken last night and my scene is overwhelming. To answer some ppls questions YES there is water effects! By god there is water effects and so much more. At the beginning if running through the house getting explanation of the rooms and the story, they got better and better by the minute. The scene im in all im gunna say is this: Courtyard. Give you that to think about how that run will BLOW YOU AWAY!! The costumes are sick as hell and i'm completely STOKED to start working NOW!!! Gunna add that won't tell of my actual position in here till after employee preview so it doesnt spoil anything about this room :P.

Edited by Shockinfunk

Ok went to rehearsal for Forsaken last night and my scene is overwhelming. To answer some ppls questions YES there is water effects! By god there is water effects and so much more. At the beginning if running through the house getting explanation of the rooms and the story, they got better and better by the minute. The scene im in all im gunna say is this: Courtyard. Give you that to think about how that run will BLOW YOU AWAY!! The costumes are sick as hell and i'm completely STOKED to start working NOW!!!

This is awesome news. Thanks for sharing I'm really looking forward to this house. I think it could be something special. Im thinking the water effects won't get the floor wet as that would be a safety worry so now you got me wondering how they are using water. Can't wait.

This is awesome news. Thanks for sharing I'm really looking forward to this house. I think it could be something special. Im thinking the water effects won't get the floor wet as that would be a safety worry so now you got me wondering how they are using water. Can't wait.

Funny thing about that.....hehehehehehe :D its gunna be big

Yesss reading this thread has me pumped!!! I knew they were going to use water... how could they not.. and they are going to have snow in Winter's Night. Whats the point of giving "seasonal weather" to your houses if your not going to try to amaze guests with the actual thing. Uni tries to get bigger and better each year so I wont be surpised to see water in a few houses.

I was even thinking they could even have a shallow pool with a bridge to lead us to the ship

Edited by DarkFoama

• Mark M. changed the title to The Forsaken