Nevermore: The Madness of Poe

Mark M.

I was looking through my house for old books to put in the witch room for RHH and come upon a bit of "Poe's Prose Tales". It was dated by my great grandfather from 1923. While it doesn't include all of the his featured work in Nevermore, I will read the ones that are; and read the read online.

There's nothing more atmospheric than reading Poe from a small, eighty-three year old, worn and torn book under dim candlelight.

hahaha, awesome!!!! great finger puppet, I'm sure the scareactors will LOVE him (you should name him little Poe...or maybe just Edgar).

The walkthough vid looks twisted and amazing in all the right ways!!! I think I'm officially psyched for this house.

Edited by cwoolboy

The video was awesome. I am even more excited for this house now.

Great finger puppet, Jimmy. I would think anything related to the works of Poe would be appropriate fodder for this house and open up for a bit of variety. Black cats, ravens, etc. I have a black cat puppet and a small stuffed black cat. Perhaps one will make a visit.

After watching the video, does anyone have a guess as to what the room after the "Masque" and Picture room could be (right before the Raven sections with the funky windows)?

It looks likes a stone storeroom/cellar of some kind, but I am having trouble tying a story to it. The rest of the scenes are pretty easy to decipher, just can't seem to figure that one out.

If I had to wager a guess, I would say it is from the Black Cat, since we have already seen the character that is most likely tied to that story and none of the other scenes shown seem to match up with that particular story. That could be the cellar where the gruesome murder takes place.

I'm interested to hear what you all think though :)

After watching the video, does anyone have a guess as to what the room after the "Masque" and Picture room could be (right before the Raven sections with the funky windows)?

It looks likes a stone storeroom/cellar of some kind, but I am having trouble tying a story to it. The rest of the scenes are pretty easy to decipher, just can't seem to figure that one out.

If I had to wager a guess, I would say it is from the Black Cat, since we have already seen the character that is most likely tied to that story and none of the other scenes shown seem to match up with that particular story. That could be the cellar where the gruesome murder takes place.

Cask of Amontillado.

Cask of Amontillado.

Thanks Legacy, that was going to be my next guess. Although I'm curious as to what the characters in this particular section will look like. Maybe we will just hear laughing/coughing/screaming from behind the walls as we walk by.

Either way, we will know in a few days

Either The Cask of Amontillado or The Black Cat. We've already seen what looks like the wife from The Black Cat, but I'm sure that The Cask of Amontillado will make an appearance as well.

Who thinks that most of the music from nox arcana's the raven will be played???

It's a pretty good possibility because that whole album relates to the different stories of Poe.

Why not? If Dr.Jimmy is going to have fun and entertain himself and his group with his finger puppet he has the right to do it.

I guess it does make sense... :huh:

My guess is that Mike may not have been familiar with the whole Cats n Combs phenomenon last year. To explain, after Catacombs had bun dubbed "Cats n Combs" by Andrew Shrimp, I for laughs brought a plush toy cat and a comb into the house. This caught on, and soon many fans of this house began taking in toy cats. Then toy dogs started being taken into Havoc.

So, I am attempting to recreate some of this activity this year.

My guess is that Mike may not have been familiar with the whole Cats n Combs phenomenon last year. To explain, after Catacombs had bun dubbed "Cats n Combs" by Andrew Shrimp, I for laughs brought a plush toy cat and a comb into the house. This caught on, and soon many fans of this house began taking in toy cats. Then toy dogs started being taken into Havoc.

So, I am attempting to recreate some of this activity this year.

I knew why personally but I figured he was just being a jerk, oh well. I'm glad you explained it though. I see a money making opportunity with these finger puppets, count me in for one if anyone takes the bull by the horns on this one.

• Mark M. changed the title to Nevermore: The Madness of Poe