Nevermore: The Madness of Poe

Mark M.

I have already said this but I'll say it again: I NEED to see a room for Masque of The Red Death (This has always been my favorite Edgar Allen Poe Story) and Casque of Amontillado. I would also LOVE to see rooms for Fall of The House of Usher, The Black Cat, and Nevermore. I am excited for this house and can't wait to step into some of my favorite Poe stories.

If I go this year, this is the House I'll be looking forward to the most!

For the Tell Tale Heart, maybe you enter hearing a VERY loud heartbeat, then the old man (Looking dead and rotted, of course) pops out from a spot in the floor like a jack- in- the- box.

I'd agree with the other posters here that there would HAVE to be a Masque of the Red Death room, that story is practically tailor- made for a House like this!

Guest kiwisoup

I agree about needing to include Masque of the Red Death. Both that and Pit and the Pendulum came to my mind first as being well-suited for a house. Others have interesting elements of course and I'm interested to see how they translate.

Okay... since there's so many questions about this.

Stories We Know Are In the House

The Tell-Tale Heart (the teaser image includes a manuscript)

The Pit and the Pendulum (we got a teaser image of a pendulum blade that doesn't fit any other house)

Stories We Can Deduce Are In the House

The Black Cat

The Raven

Annabel Lee

The Fall of the House of Usher

(Each of the Above Stories/Poems are written on the house image, along with Tell-Tale Heart. Since we know Tell-Tale Heart is in the house, and can figure Universal wouldn't "advertise" stories that aren't being used, we can assume those other four stories are).

That gives us six of the potentially eight to ten writings being used.

Stories that Will Potentially Be Used

The following stories are being suspected only because of their popularity. If there is a known role that fits, that is included.

The Masque of the Red Death

The Cask of Amontillado (The role of "Aristo Dead" could fit either of these stories more so than any of the known stories.)

How many rooms are typically in a sprung tent? I'd imagine there would be more than one room for each of Poe's stories?

Typically every house has 10 rooms. This can include transitional rooms that don't have any scareactors, and some stories could have more than one room. There could also be a finale or opening that has nothing to do with a particular story.

293426_10150304555393233_126469058232_8024834_2020320669_n.jpg

"You’ll step inside works of insanity like “The Tell-Tale Heart,” “The Pit and the Pendulum,” “The Masque of the Red Death” and “The Raven,” and suddenly you’ll realize…you’re going as mad as he was."

I'm hoping to see an awesome optical illusion of the pit when you enter the Pit and the Pendulum room. The only reason I mention that is because I was thinking of the effect used in the Dead Silence house where you were walking on the catwalk and you could look down. In actuality, it was mirrors below you and items mounted on the ceiling above you.

I'm hoping to see an awesome optical illusion of the pit when you enter the Pit and the Pendulum room. The only reason I mention that is because I was thinking of the effect used in the Dead Silence house where you were walking on the catwalk and you could look down. In actuality, it was mirrors below you and items mounted on the ceiling above you.

I was surprised at how great the Dead Silence house was, and that illusion was just one of the elements that made it a great one. If they are going to use anything similiar I would suspect the Poe house is where we would see such.

I hope Berenice will be in there somewhere, but as far as I know it's not one of his more popular works, so it might not be. Personally, I think that Berenice could be very scary if done right, and since the main character starts out insane (not driven crazy throughout the story), it would fit very well with the 'madness of Poe' theme.

Ahh yes, what a cool effect. We know from the first picture of Nevermore that "Telltale Hear" (i hope thats the name) room has some disorienting effects. I wonder if this effect comes back, and if it does it would be great in Nevermore, and if not, you can always put it in The Inbetween. :)

Do you guys think this house will be at such a high level of extent that people who've never read the poems wont understand whats going on or be able to appreciate the house as much ?

Either that or after going through the house, they will want to read the stories and hopefully not just the ones portrayed in the house either.

Who doesn't know the Poe's stories?!? Or at least the major ones being portrayed? Well... the dumbing of America and all that I guess... Poe used to be required reading when I was in High School some... 20 years ago.

But they can be read online for free and hopefully as AWeed stated it will entice those who have not read them to do so.

Who doesn't know the Poe's stories?!? Or at least the major ones being portrayed? Well... the dumbing of America and all that I guess... Poe used to be required reading when I was in High School some... 20 years ago.

But they can be read online for free and hopefully as AWeed stated it will entice those who have not read them to do so.

Lol alot of the younger generation (me) doesnt know the Poe stories ! we arent required to read them in high school. However last year, we read the Raven. it wasnt all exciting to be honest.

• Mark M. changed the title to Nevermore: The Madness of Poe