Nevermore: The Madness of Poe

Mark M.

I wish they leaked a list of works, I would be reading them right now...

You could probably grab the titles shown on the house image and it'll give you a good base:

The Tell-Tale Heart

The Fall of the House of Usher

The Black Cat

The Raven

and then I'd assume they'd have other tales like:

The Pit and the Pendulum

maybe The Premature Burial? or The Masque of the Red Death?

You could probably grab the titles shown on the house image and it'll give you a good base:

The Tell-Tale Heart

The Black Cat

The Raven

The Pit and the Pendulum

From the pic posted by Hal Geluk at Facebook I'd say The Pit and the Pendulum.

On the house artwork are the four works listed above and also over to the right are the letters ANNABE so I would say Annabelle Lee.

I am really hoping for The Cask of Amontillado and especially The Masque of the Red Death due to a certain April Fool's joke I made.

From the pic posted by Hal Geluk at Facebook I'd say The Pit and the Pendulum.

On the house artwork are the four works listed above and also over to the right are the letters ANNABE so I would say Annabelle Lee.

I am really hoping for The Cask of Amontillado and especially The Masque of the Red Death due to a certain April Fool's joke I made.

I'm right with you about Amontillado Jimmy. Thats probably my favorite story by Poe. Even if its just like the door in Dragon Challenge at IOA I'd be happy.

The concept of this house is really incredible but I have one concern. The picture of the room with 'The Tell Tale Heart' manuscript on it looks like an amazing reimagination of the scene yet the picture of 'The Pit and the Pendulum' looks very literal. I can see the HOS house doing much more literal interpretations but I expect better from HHN.

My idea based on this is that given that 'The Tell Tale Heart' manuscript is directly in that room in that picture is it possible that this is a transitory room like the little theatre seats in 'Silver Screams'? Is it possible that we really are going to see the madness of Poe as our transition scene and then a scene literally adapting one of his stories. For instance, what if the person in that picture is supposed to be Poe going more and more insane like his character and the next scene is quite literally a scene from 'The Tell Tale Heart' with a scareactor and all? Thoughts?

The concept of this house is really incredible but I have one concern. The picture of the room with 'The Tell Tale Heart' manuscript on it looks like an amazing reimagination of the scene yet the picture of 'The Pit and the Pendulum' looks very literal. I can see the HOS house doing much more literal interpretations but I expect better from HHN.

My idea based on this is that given that 'The Tell Tale Heart' manuscript is directly in that room in that picture is it possible that this is a transitory room like the little theatre seats in 'Silver Screams'? Is it possible that we really are going to see the madness of Poe as our transition scene and then a scene literally adapting one of his stories. For instance, what if the person in that picture is supposed to be Poe going more and more insane like his character and the next scene is quite literally a scene from 'The Tell Tale Heart' with a scareactor and all? Thoughts?

Poe did not have blond hair.

This may be the house I'm looking forward to the most.

As a small child in the 1960s even before I had read any Poe, I was already aware of a poem about a Raven where a man who lost his love kept asking a mysterious bird if he would ever see her again.

The response was always the single word Nevermore.

Thus when I saw jokes about ravens saying that on The Munsters or other Television programs I got the joke and laughed.

I first really got into Poe around 1970 when I was only 7 years old. My older brother would read and tell me the stories of Poe, The Tell-Tale Heart, The Pit and the Pendulum, The Black Cat and The Cask of Amontillado. I then found books in the local library and read them thoroughly.

However, I did not then know anything about Poe himself, in my young naivete I assumed he was a living contemporary author!

In 1971 one of my favorite television programs was the live action Saturday morning show on ABC, The Curiosity Shop. In it three children would weekly visit this marvelous shop filled with strange creatures and puppets. They were always hoping to meet the shop's proprietor the mysterious Mr. Jones who was never seen. There were tape recorded messages from him, in fact it was the legendary animator Chuck Jones who was the show's producer!

One episode around Halloween they found a person in the shop, but it wasn't Mr. Jones. The children were very excited to see this man and spoke of how frightening he was with The Tell-Tale Heart and The Pit and the Pendulum.

I naturally assumed it was Poe himself, and ran to tell my family! They laughed and explained that Poe had been dead for over a century and that the man on TV was the actor Vincent Price who had appeared in many movies based on Poe's works.

Vincent Price soon became my favorite actor, and he remains so to this day. I had a chance to meet him in the early 80s and told him this story, he was quite flattered to have been mistaken for Poe!

So Poe's works and films based on them have had a huge impact on me since my early childhood, and I am truly psyched and excited about this Poe house!

For those who might be interested, there are several of the aforementioned Vincent Price EAP inspired movies for streaming on Netflix right now.

As for the picture from the house, this sets the bar high on this one. I am really looking forward to stepping into the madness of Poe

The Tell-Tale Heart

The Black Cat

The Raven

The Pit and the Pendulum

they have to do masque of the red death they already pretty much have the gear for it from catacombs last year when it comes to costumes ya know and its one of his best pieces and well known, pit and the pendulum i can see as an exit to the house.

Just to let everyone know The Complete works of Edgar Allan Poe volume 1 and 2 can be downloaded to E readers (kindle, ibooks, etc) for free. If you have one of these devices there is no reason not to read the stories mentioned. As for the house I can't wait. It may be the house I'm looking forward to the most.

Just to let everyone know The Complete works of Edgar Allan Poe volume 1 and 2 can be downloaded to E readers (kindle, ibooks, etc) for free. If you have one of these devices there is no reason not to read the stories mentioned. As for the house I can't wait. It may be the house I'm looking forward to the most.

Thanks Aaron I just downloaded it from iBooks for my iPhone for free. Woo hoo

• Mark M. changed the title to Nevermore: The Madness of Poe