Winter's Night: Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery

Mark M.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome house, the scenery is BEAUTIFUL but why was there no snow in the first and final room's tonight? The 2 previous nights I went there was snow in those rooms, tonight there was no snow.

I could be wrong but I don't think the snow machine is on constantly. Most snow machines I've seen are on for 5-10 minutes then off for 5 or so.

I've loved this house since Day 1, and Day 1 I never saw the miniature scare or the torso zombie. When I did see them, holy crap. Outstanding. The best part about this house is that it (and Nightingales) tends to have the lowest wait times in the entire park, so I can do it again if I so desire.

Last night I attempted to set my girlfriend up for the miniature scare "Hey honey, look at that awesome miniature." So of course, BAM, dead bride in my face. Amazing.

So I was seriously considering dressing as the eleventh doctor tonight, going in Winter's Night, and sonic-ing the weeping angel. Then I thought, "what if the scareactor doesn't watch doctor who? Suddenly I'm getting kicked out/arrested for pulling a weapon on a scareactor". I don't think I want to go to prison wearing a bow tie...

Edited by Hawthorn

I haven't left comments on each and every house. I'm saving it for my full review, which is in progress. But I want to single out Winter's Night because it was my absolute favorite of the event. It had everything needed to become a legendary house: amazing theming, unique effects, wonderful scenery, a great story, a variety of ghosts/zombies/monsters, imaginitive scares, and, most importantly, an amazing cast. Winter's Night, for me, joins such classic houses as Scream House, Castle Vampyr, All Nite Die In, and The Wolfman. I don't care which house is voted House of the Year (as they were all great) but for me, Winter's Night takes the cake. This is one for the history books. Kudos to all! :D

Edited by Creeper06

• 7 months later...

I cant say enough good things about this house. It wins my favorite for the year for overall experience. The atmosphere was top notch, temperature was so unexpected when I first went through. The snow was beautifully executed as well as the light use of fog. It was the first time in years that I got to relive the feeling of walking into a soundstage house and having to turn and look behind me to remind myself I was in a building lol. The colors and decoration were wonderful and appropriate, and the transition through the cemetary worked really well. Great depth was provided to the house with the miniatures effect, and the scares and costuming were very nice. I have heard some people say that the scares were not very powerful, but I dont think they were meant to be intense and violent, the feel of a serene gothic cemetary in this environment was more ethereal than anything, but the scares were still great and fitting to the theme. I only went through the house one time where the snow was not falling. This one goes down in the books as one of the most memorable. Thank you Winters Night!

• Mark M. changed the title to Winter's Night: Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery