Winter's Night: Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery

Mark M.

I remember the house having ALOT of scareactors in there. Maybe you went in during a cast change?

yeah i have no complains on this house as far as actors go, they were all really good at scaring the people around me, and even me a couple of times, they were great the times i went there

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loved this house, my cousin and I (being huge doctor who fans) both flipped at the weeping angels. We were dumb and decided to go in this house first Friday, being completely soaked from the rain, and came out freezing. The actors did a great job, and while I didn't get scared, they got my friend quite a few times.

Winter's Night

-Sets here are absolutely beautiful. Stunning is the perfect word for it.

-Has the best facade of the year, easily

-Love all of the little jokes slipped into the gravestones, and some fun (and wise) re-using of props (the coffin from original Screamhouse was a treat!)

-Some serious depth in the details to be found here. A very cool mirror trick in the coffin scene that you can totally miss if you don't know where to look

-Cool temperature is lovely, as is the snow

-Costumes are well-designed and a nice variety. What the Legendary Truth has should've been. Love the Weeping Angel (wish there were more of them), the zombies look great, and the ghosts look spectacular. Nice Canyon of Dark Soul-adapted costumes at the end!

-Some really solid scares throughout this maze. The "miniature scare" provided me with possibly the best scare I've ever received at HHN, it's brilliant

-The penultimate scene, with all of the crypts and hallways, is effective for repeat viewing... very hard to remember where the spirits are hiding due to the # of potential spots

-Happy to see some light gore used (referring to the coffin scene with the corpses), it's very unsettling

-Also glad to see the house actually reflects the backstory's plot, I saw our Hawthorn several times

-Finale is very good

Suggestions for Improvement: Not many. Place one more actor in the Finale scene, preferably in the center of the pathway (nothing more unsettling than that). I noticed one cast seems to know how to use the Miniature Scare to full advantage, one cast doesn't. Please make sure both casts know how to utilize this brilliant scare!

Facade: A+

Sets: A

Costumes: A

Atmosphere: A

Scares: A

Finale: A-

Opening Weekend Grade: A

Winter's Night

-Sets here are absolutely beautiful. Stunning is the perfect word for it.

-Has the best facade of the year, easily

-Love all of the little jokes slipped into the gravestones, and some fun (and wise) re-using of props (the coffin from original Screamhouse was a treat!)

-Some serious depth in the details to be found here. A very cool mirror trick in the coffin scene that you can totally miss if you don't know where to look

-Cool temperature is lovely, as is the snow

-Costumes are well-designed and a nice variety. What the Legendary Truth has should've been. Love the Weeping Angel (wish there were more of them), the zombies look great, and the ghosts look spectacular. Nice Canyon of Dark Soul-adapted costumes at the end!

-Some really solid scares throughout this maze. The "miniature scare" provided me with possibly the best scare I've ever received at HHN, it's brilliant

-The penultimate scene, with all of the crypts and hallways, is effective for repeat viewing... very hard to remember where the spirits are hiding due to the # of potential spots

-Happy to see some light gore used (referring to the coffin scene with the corpses), it's very unsettling

-Also glad to see the house actually reflects the backstory's plot, I saw our Hawthorn several times

-Finale is very good

Suggestions for Improvement: Not many. Place one more actor in the Finale scene, preferably in the center of the pathway (nothing more unsettling than that). I noticed one cast seems to know how to use the Miniature Scare to full advantage, one cast doesn't. Please make sure both casts know how to utilize this brilliant scare!

Facade: A+

Sets: A

Costumes: A

Atmosphere: A

Scares: A

Finale: A-

Opening Weekend Grade: A

The mirror trick was used also in Mary Shaw, in case anyone didn't know.

Also, I'm not quite sure if the finale costumes in this house are working as intended...

Every time I go through this house I love it more and more.

The finale is the only problem I have. It's not the scare-actors fault because they can not see us. Sothey don't make any movement like what should be done. I should feel the scare on both sides. Please help them see better so they could scare us.

I have yet to see the "crawling" ghost in the beginning of the house (behind the gated area to the left in one of the first few rooms). It's supposed to be an upper torso crawling around ( I think HHN Twitter just posted a pic of it).

Anyone know if they are an actor short in a particular cast? I've been through the house multiple times and have yet to see anyone in this spot.

To the person Responsible for the Boo-Hole scare around the beginning. i Fucking applaud you. I have never Screamed SO LOUD before in my entire life. That Crawling zombie was a great distraction.

Every year i scream LOUDLY at least once. And it happened opening Weekend. Thanks to the Boo-hole scare-actor XD

Cast A most definitely has someone in that crawling scene, and yes, we have issues seeing well in the finale, and some effects never worked as planned.

Yet it's still my favorite house. ;)

Are you in the finale? I've gotten a lot of shout outs for my vault shirt in the finale room.

Winter's Night

which scenes are these?

which scenes are these?

I believe the first scene he is talking about is the Distant Cemetery.

The second scene he is referring to is the

hallways before the finale (or maybe there's a room between the hallways and the finale...). This is the hallway with the shout outs to A&D members such as Mike Aiello.

Has anyone else noticed the headstone of Mary Shaw just before the courtyard final scene in the house? I think that was a totally cool carry over from years before. I thought is was so cool I got distracted and a hooded figure scared the crap out of me. AWESOME! Absolutely love the house, the whole set, the scareactors. I have gone through this house 6 times and loved each and every minute of it. I am in awe of the beauty, the eerienes (spelling) and the overall asthetic. By far, my favorite!

I don't remember this house being nearly as good as everyone makes it seem...guess I'll have to try again.

Agreed. I have been through here several times and keep expecting more out of it. I do find myself liking it better more and more...however, I have not been able to find the full backstory for this house, and I feel that if I knew what it was, I would most definitely appreciate it more. The sets here are gorgeous. I love the little details of the creepy little portraits on the outside of some of the graves in one of the rooms. I feel like I see something new every time I go through.

• Mark M. changed the title to Winter's Night: Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery