Winter's Night: Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery

Mark M.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, the house is cold, and yes, it is going to totally rock! And no, read my earlier post on the impracticality of using real snow.

How cold is cold? See your breath cold (thinking doubtful for the comfort of the scareactors), or the lovely 65-70 degrees that feels like I'm in a refrigerator after walking in from 90 degrees outside? :)

How cold is cold? See your breath cold (thinking doubtful for the comfort of the scareactors), or the lovely 65-70 degrees that feels like I'm in a refrigerator after walking in from 90 degrees outside? :)

I was told see you breath cold... but it's not so uncomfortable to someone in full masked costumes moving around and scaring.

About 55 degree cold, and I don't think you can see your breath. Thankfully, a sweatshirt and long pants are all I need to wear under my costume to keep warm, especially once the place gets filled with people. If you aren't dressed warmly, you will freeze, but it won't be for very long, because after all, how much time do you spend walking through a house?

This house is starting to remind me of one of the scenes in the LT house last year. The scare actors were disguised as copper statues and would move during the lightning storm, and it was extremely effective. I think we will be seeing some of this kind of scare, the red light green light scare. This makes me even more excited for this house. On top of it being cold, and the "snow". Now I just want to see what the big graveyard will look like as a whole :)

Not everyone from Florida. I was born and raised in Florida and I love cold weather!!! Can't speak for anyone else whose a native of the state but I know I am not the only one.

I was born and raised in florida and I also love the cold weather! And the weeping angels you are talking about I think are just statues, or maybe I'm wrong? Or perhaps I don't know what you're talking about?

Ya'll can't be native Floridians...the cold is evil! ;)

This house is definitely coming together, out of all of them from the beginning this has been the one I've been most intrigued by simply because of the concept of it being located in a cemetary. I'm still curious to see if they'll be able to play upon the vastness of a graveyard or if we'll see more intimate vinettes.

Wow, those clips from Dr. Who are really impressive (I should watch that show more). These Weeping Angels really seem like they could be the new Body Collectors in that they're supernatural creatures based on an awesome TV series. I hope they take inspiration from the actual creature's behavior in the show (i.e., have them remain completely still until the "blue light" extinguishes, then they move forward and get in guests faces for when the light goes back on). Huge potential here!

Wow, those clips from Dr. Who are really impressive (I should watch that show more). These Weeping Angels really seem like they could be the new Body Collectors in that they're supernatural creatures based on an awesome TV series. I hope they take inspiration from the actual creature's behavior in the show (i.e., have them remain completely still until the "blue light" extinguishes, then they move forward and get in guests faces for when the light goes back on). Huge potential here!

It remains to be seen if they just took the look of the weeping angels from Dr. Who as an homage or if they're really trying to recreate the characters and their behaviors as well. I'm with you though. It's an AWESOME concept and I'd love to see them taken full advantage of!!!

Sorry, but I had to butt in. I'm a native Floridian and I much prefer it to be cold than hot (you can always put more clothes on, you can never take more clothes off). In fact, I have to have my room chilly in order for me to be able to fall asleep. So ya, chalk up another one that LOVES the cold (doubt it will bother me much, besides, I always wear jeans to HHN).

Pretty interesting house. I enjoyed it for what it was, but I wasn't crazy about it. Some characters didn't really make a lot of sense to me (maybe I need to read the backstry or something). By far the best things about it are the facade, the snow effect, and the cool temperature (you can feel the difference, definitely made me shiver a little bit). Not a bad house by any means, and I'll likely be hitting it up a few more times. Can't get enough of that cemetery atmosphere in here.

This house was so great. I got to go through it twice during opening night (as soon as it opened and right at closing) and loved it both times. I got my first big scare of the night in one of the early rooms here. I was looking into a crypt that had a nice effect where it looked to go down into the ground and had a skeleton in it. As soon as I looked back up a bride (well she was wearing a white dress) was in my face making me step back. The finale room looked amazing and almost made me think I was outside. And did I spot Mary Shaw's tombstone from Dead Silence in the back left when I first got into that room?

By far the BEST SCARES of the night for me last night! I'm a bit hard to get sometimes as I tend to zoom it on where people could be hiding as I walk through and admire the sets but I had TWO amazing scares jump out of my skin scares in here. This is easily my favorite house so far and can't wait to go back in.

Worst house I have been in :(

The facade was amazing and the props were amazing like always but the scareactors dident seem to have the scares down pact and it was lacking scareactors big time. This house needs way more scareactors for sure. They had all these emtpy spots where a a scareactor could have been and it would have scared the crap out of me. But the cold atmosphere was awsome

• Mark M. changed the title to Winter's Night: Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery